• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2334BS - Bugs in IE8

Hi,

found in the BS version some bugs which appear only in IE (of course - where else! :wacko:) :

post-315569-0-76853500-1410342436_thumb.jpg

I could fix the image bug by changing in shopping_cart.php:

$products_name .= '  <td valign="top" align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_.............

to:

$products_name .= '  <td width="20%" valign="top" align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_

But so far I found no solution for the strange behavior of the breadcrumb. On mouseover the breadcrumb elements move into the correct position, but on reload or if I go to another page, the phenomenon is back.

Any ideas?

J.J.

@@burt

Please test for this feature bug in a brand new installation of 2334bs, one that has not been polluted by extra code - this will allow you to determine if the feature bug is really in 2334bs or in extra code added.

This is a brand new installation! I have set up a separate installation with absolutly no changes. Thus I can compare the behavoir of original and changed version if I find something wrong in the installation changed by me o:)

I can also replicate it on your test installation at template.me.uk:

post-315569-0-63980800-1410348659_thumb.jpgpost-315569-0-35131300-1410348662_thumb.jpg

J.J.

use IE10 as microsoft standard :D

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Sorry, the worm must be tasty to the fish, not the fisherman.

We still get many users with XP and IE8 in the shop. As for me you could throw IE into the trash can. But many of our customers see that different.

Sorry, the worm must be tasty to the fish, not the fisherman.

We still get many users with XP and IE8 in the shop. As for me you could throw IE into the trash can. But many of our customers see that different.

And it is time to move forwards. 

We are helping you to do that by providing osCommerce in a responsive format.  

You need to help your users to move forwards as well.

In your fishing analogy, you are the fish AND the fisherman.  Think of that...

Well, in an ideal world the average user would be always up to date with OS, browser, firewall, and so on. In the world as it is, I have to deal with what is.

And because our business is not the installation of shop systems, or other IT, but we use the Web as a distribution channel for consumer goods, we have no influence on the hardware and software, that the visitors of the shop use.
Our job is to make sure that they can easily use the shop even with "crappy browsers" - in our own interest! Because a dissatisfied customer is nowhere faster away than in the Internet!

Any body test an IE stylesheet in bootstrap ??

<!--[if IE]>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="my_stylesheet_IE.css" />
<![endif]-->

Did you really just go there?

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

@

No idea just installed the bootstrap first time  2 hours ago :D was a newbie question guess I am going to get hurt here haha

Actually your 2.3.4 github so get ready for another million silly questions (w00t)

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Unfortunately none of us operate in an ideal world, so that means having to deal with problem appropriately - in this case, older browsers are simply not worth the time/effort of developers - it's a bottom-line reality like anything else.   Developers weighed up the pro's/con's and that is what was decided..after all, you could say that we have to make sure that people on Windows 95 using Netscape 3.1 need to be served...there has to be a cut-off somewhere.

Weigh up the pro's and con's - which is more important to you and your shops clientbase and decide on *your* bottom line reality;

- make your shop the best it can be in todays world of ipads, androids, kindles, mobiles and what-not

or

- make your shop work with old browsers

Point being - it's very very difficult (I would say impossible) to do both.

• 1 month later...

Archived