• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal API data titles releative to osC fields - confused!

oldcelt

Yes looks fine just go to the top right click (button install module) and you will see the module so then install.it

PS: Better everything as an individual sort order so you need to change that create account sort order mine is set to 50

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Yes looks fine just go to the top right click (button install module) and you will see the module so then install.it

PS: Better everything as an individual sort order so you need to change that create account sort order mine is set to 50

Regards

Joli

Thanks Joli.   Because a warning box comes up for the default selection when you first click the install button, I hadn't realised one could ignore it and scroll down to the paypal bit.

Set everything up and tested API server connection which was ok.   Double-checked credentials in the Payment module and used the test account ID provided by paypal (user-facilitator@@xxxxxx.com) but when I try a test login with paypal I get the error shown here:

Tried using the email address for the real account instead but the same problem crops up.   What am I overlooking?

post-198286-0-06587800-1410514210_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Somewhere along the line it appears there is some confusion as to the paypal api for using the paypal express module and the api required for paypal login - paypal requires you to go to your paypal account - login - then select - tools - on this page you will find an icon for API Access click that - new box opens click set up APIs - choose option 1 - Set up paypal api credentials and permissions - then option 2. view api signature

if you have not set up an api before you need to do this under developer tools and Create App - once you have done this you will see your live or test credentials which you then need to input into your paypal module in Admin

Somewhere along the line it appears there is some confusion as to the paypal api for using the paypal express module and the api required for paypal login - paypal requires you to go to your paypal account - login - then select - tools - on this page you will find an icon for API Access click that - new box opens click set up APIs - choose option 1 - Set up paypal api credentials and permissions - then option 2. view api signature

if you have not set up an api before you need to do this under developer tools and Create App - once you have done this you will see your live or test credentials which you then need to input into your paypal module in Admin

Thanks Peter, I have actually set all that up and noted the API credentials in a local text file. I'm sure you're right in that I'm mixing something up somewhere - putting my finger on it is the problem!

Archived