• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal API data titles releative to osC fields - confused!

oldcelt

I have set up API credentials on PayPal and the data provided is:-

Test account:    [email protected]

Endpoint:          api.sandbox.paypal.com

Client ID:           Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (59 digits)

Secret:              Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      (  "  )

osC setup requests for PayPal Express checkout:-

API Uername

API Password

API signature

Paypal account optional  (I'd have thought this was mandatory!?)

I'd be grateful for some advice as to how these marry up please?

Doesn't look like I'm going to get any help in this forum.   Could somebody please suggest where I may get some help, or even an offer to set it up for me for a price?  I'd really like to get it sorted.

I'm using 2.3.4 as stated in the tag on my original message.   I changed from Max on, I think, your advice when you referred to it as bloatware.   You were right.   When I looked at Max dispassionately I realised it was full of stuff which had no interest for me.

Thanks very much for the original advice and for your response now.

Many thanks to all contributors - PayPal Express is now working.

One small snag.   If someone buys a product then logs in with PayPal but has not created an osC account, then on completion of the payment an "account" has been set up in osC BUT if that client returns the account cannot be logged into.   Also the email address cannot be used to create a proper account.   Since many people have only the one address that leaves then in a bit of a cleft stick!

Is there any solution to this please?

http://library.oscommerce.com/Package&en&paypal&oscom23&log_in

The answer to your question is on that page...

OK, in the library document the Configuration Details show two fields: Client ID and Secret.   Both of those have been set up and saved on the PayPal developer site.

In the osC PayPal Express Checkout module these fields do not exist!  There are fields for API Username; Password and Signature.    Where in the osC module can one enter the 'Client ID' and 'Secret' configuration details specified in the library document?

The answer to your question about account created by paypal login and not being able to then login.  

You already stated that you have solved your initial question.

No.  I said there was a snag and explained the problem.  I was pointed to the library document which, it was claimed, would answer my question.   However, as I said, it simply poses additional questions because the instructions in the document cannot, as far as I can see, be implemented in the module.

You said you have Paypal Express working.  You then asked a question about password/creation of account.  

Read your own post.

The answer to the question you asked about passwords is in the document I referred you to.

WAKE UP!  ;)

Morning :P

This is for the log in with paypal

You will find under admin/modules/content/ log in with paypal here you enter your

'Client ID' and 'Secret' configuration details

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

You said you have Paypal Express working.  You then asked a question about password/creation of account.  

Read your own post.

The answer to the question you asked about passwords is in the document I referred you to.

WAKE UP!   ;)

You misunderstood my question.   At least somebody in this forum has the nous and the civility to answer my question directly!  thanks Joli!

You will find under admin/modules/content/ log in with paypal here you enter your

Regards

Joli

Thank you very much indeed.   At last a straightforward and civil answer to my question.

I'll try to explain again.

You asked: when a customer logs in via Paypal and an account is made at osC, they cannot then login to their osc account.

I answered: read this page.

You then decided to bring up some other random question, that you already stated had been answered.

Conclusion:

I give up.

I'll try to explain again.

You asked: when a customer logs in via Paypal and an account is made at osC, they cannot then login to their osc account.

I answered: read this page.

You then decided to bring up some other random question, that you already stated had been answered.

Conclusion:

I give up.

I'm sorry my English isn't up to your demanding standards.   I am, after all, a foreigner    :)

Regards

Joli

Oh dear, sorry for being a PITA but:

Administration/modules/content does not have the option 'log in with paypal'.

This is a new installation of 2.3.4 which has all the specified files in the right places according to the documentation.  I have double-checked and they're all there.

I still can't find anywhere to install the 'Client ID' and 'secret' configuration details.   :(

TIA, Ken

Archived