• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

the discount is not shown

ohraina

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7644
I installed the discount coupon files and everything works except the discount is not shown in the checkout_confirmation.php page.
I changed the sort order in admin>modules>order_total Also double check that I have added the changes to all files as outlined instruction.
Any suggestions...? My version is v2.3.4

Site is ohraina.com

coupon code : 2LCDQ7

post-330221-0-63298000-1409061637_thumb.jpg

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7644

I installed the discount coupon files and everything works except the discount is not shown in the checkout_confirmation.php page.

I changed the sort order in admin>modules>order_total Also double check that I have added the changes to all files as outlined instruction.

Any suggestions...? My version is v2.3.4

Site is ohraina.com

coupon code : 2LCDQ7

Hello. I solved. Now it works fine. I modified checkout_payment.php file.

<?php

}

?>

</table>

<?php

$radio_buttons++;

}

?>

</div>

<h2><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></h2>

<div class="contentText">

<?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '5', $comments); ?>

</div>

<?php

/* kgt - discount coupons Not Sure Must Check*/

if( MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_STATUS == 'true' ) {

?>

<h2><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COUPON; ?></h2>

</div>

<?php echo ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON.' '.tep_draw_input_field('coupon', '', 'size="32"', $coupon); ?>

</div>

<?php

}

/* end kgt - discount coupons */

?>

<div style="float: left; width: 60%; padding-top: 5px; padding-left: 15%;">

<div id="coProgressBar" style="height: 5px;"></div>

• 1 year later...

@@greasemonkey a bit of a long shot but any chance you would know anything that could help me? 

firstly, i was using an outdated discount code module that wasnt working completely. So decided it was time for an upgrade and found this one.

All was fine when installing, everything in admin worked perfectly. But i came across a problem when trying to add a discount to a shopping cart.. the discount just wouldnt appear in the confirmation page. Doing a bit of research i found a couple of solutions, give it a unique display order, make sure no other discount code is on site, as will disrupt in the order total. All done.. and it is still not appearing.

so, problem one is :

I cant get it to show!

Secondly, in trying to fix the above issue i have found the following error in my error log :

PHP Warning:  Missing argument 2 for shoppingCart::attributes_price(), called in /home/../shop/includes/classes/discount_coupon.php on line 305 and defined in /home/../shop/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 303 

when doing the install i never went into the shopping_cart.php page. so not sure how to fix this one?

any help, or suggestion of where to look would be greatly appreciated. 

• 3 months later...

Hello. I solved. Now it works fine. I modified checkout_payment.php file.

<?php

}

?>

</table>

<?php

$radio_buttons++;

}

?>

</div>

<h2><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></h2>

<?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '5', $comments); ?>

</div>

<?php

/* kgt - discount coupons Not Sure Must Check*/

if( MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_STATUS == 'true' ) {

?>

<h2><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COUPON; ?></h2>

</div>

<?php echo ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON.' '.tep_draw_input_field('coupon', '', 'size="32"', $coupon); ?>

</div>

<?php

}

/* end kgt - discount coupons */

?>

<div style="float: left; width: 60%; padding-top: 5px; padding-left: 15%;">

<div id="coProgressBar" style="height: 5px;"></div>

So, is this a replacement, addition, where in the file does it go?

I think I'll just install the base program and rn it without the addons, the majority of which don't work, and it takes apparently years before anybody comes up with a plausible solution. 

The people who are supposedly helping us novices act as if we are all programmers and understand it when they run out these glib, cryptic statements that half of us don't understand, instead of just creating the file and uploading it without the modifications we have to make after downloading.

The way things are now, I have spent the majority of my time trying to make these addons work and very little on running my business.

The silver lining is that with all its faults (and there are many), OSC is the best shopping software I have used and I'm staying with it, but I sure am glad I didn't have to pay for it, although I certainly would if it worked half as well as these code writers seem to think it does..

@@stevenlemon

Hi Steven

Some of us can understand your frustration, most of us have been there too at our early days of osC. Not all of us are coders and cracks that can handle anything. But letting out steam here is not gonna help you either.

For us to be able to help you you have to provide us with more information. For example;

- What osC version are you using?

- What addon and what addon version are you using? (if possible add link to it)

As you already know osC is free and as you know by now it isn't made for everyone. There is a learning curve, not very steep but there are certain things you'll have to be able to handle yourself or hire someone to do it for you if you can't.

The more you can do yourself the cheaper it is for you.

The osC team is working continuously to improve osC and to modularize things so that the end-user/shop owners won't have to touch any code anymore. They haven't reach the goal yet but I think we all can see the finish line from where we are now, if you know what I mean.

Anyways, provide the info to the questions I wrote above and let's see from there...

Edited by Tsimi

@@stevenlemon

You have probably already lost some friends by running down a great product, but I do understand your frustration.

The only advice I can give is to make sure that you use addons for the version of oscommerce you are using. If you like the look of the features in an old addon, you will have to convert it, or pay someone to do it. Most popular addons have already been converted to work with the latest version, so ideally you should use them. This generally means that they have been converted to a one click install after the files have been copied to the correct location. You cant get much easier than that. If you need to alter core code, then look to see whether there is a more up to date addon that does the same thing.

Before installing any addons make sure there is an active support thread on these forums so that you can get help should you need it. If the support thread has no recent comments the chances are that it is not supported and you wont get help.

Finally, remember that the people on this forum give their help freely and in most cases, in their spare time. You may not get help straight away as it is an international forum and people come from all time zones. If you want fast help, get a developer that knows oscommerce to get your site up and running as you want. Using developers from this forum will help move oscommerce forward.

Dont give up hope on oscommerce yet. There is better to come if you believe the hype, its just a case of when it comes.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP