• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mobile Devices - PayPal Standard - Buyer Being Returned to Shopping Cart After Purchase

''B''

Have you 100% correctly set up:

API

PDT

Return URL

Thanks @@burt !!

PDT token was missing.

We should notify Harald that there would be very nice required fields in Paypal configure!!

Is it wrong in documentation??

Payment Data Transfer (PDT)

If Payment Data Transfer has been enabled in your PayPal account settings, transactions are verified with an Identity Token when the customer returns back to the online store after a payment has been made.

As soon as Payment Data Transfer has been enabled at PayPal, it is important to copy the generated Identity Token to the configuration parameter setting.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Its works only if you set all of you mentioned but its not clear in setup.

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

• 2 months later...

Hi there

I can tell you why maybe this is happening and I have a quick sticking plaster 'fix' that may help

PayPal will send your customers to their 'new' mobile express checkout - in turn that will send your customers back to your site via an HTTP GET method. The desktop checkout at PayPal will use a HTTP POST return

The PayPal Standard module file in osCommerce traps the return in the before_process() function:

This is a patch on the standard file - it is used at your own risk and the code really needs tidying up by one of the Core Team. I have tested this on the PayPal Sandbox only. Using Chrome on a desktop you can spoof a user agent for a mobile to check what happens

Just wanted to say thanks for this. Solved things for me. Wanted to note the issue was only showing up on live, not sandbox with Paypal for me.

Hi - just dropped by and spotted this - thanks for the kind words from people - few disparate thoughts on PayPal follow......

I'm in the middle of coding up a module for a non-oSC cart (that is also PHP/MySQL) trying to use the PayPal REST APi. Two weeks ago I fell over an undocumented problem with that APi and, so far, PayPal have maintained a resolute silence to my requests for advice. (I really suspect that they no longer have anybody in support who knows how their legacy stuff works [legacy means more than three years old???]). 

In addition I found that they will return a response of 'Completed' even if the payment method is an eCheck (unusual here in the UK but for a US merchant that eCheck should clear before despatch).

I've also  found a great difference between the Sandbox and Live versions of PayPal - so much so that it entails testing in both taking twice the time and effort to do so (and also ballsing up personal PayPal accounts in the process).

I'm currently trying to decide if I should just cut my losses and drop out of the contract - it is that bad trying to work with them.

Bluntly? My advice would be to have a good, hard look at why you want to use PayPal. Buy an SSL and use Stripe  (certainly if you are USD/UK/CAN/AUD)  - they will 'sit' on your money for seven days but do not come with the baggage of PayPal. If not then find a payments processor that provides their own code and supports it!

Finally - the 'new' oSC PayPal App was probably written with due regard to the published/documented PayPal info by HPDL and his team - I have learned recently that the documentation is, frankly? Pish (as they say where I grew up). As a payments developer, PayPal customer and PayPal merchant (albeit UK based)?

PayPal are failing to defend their previous market lead as a third party, online payments processor - look elsewhere, you may get cheaper rates and you will not have to suffer their 'buyer protection' policy that will feck over merchants continually.

Cynical? Moi? Yup!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks @@burt !!

PDT token was missing.

We should notify Harald that there would be very nice required fields in Paypal configure!!

Is it wrong in documentation??

can you explain how to set this up

where does the PDT information go in the module admin for paypal standard 3.2?

or does the recent December 2014, paypal App module need to be installed for this to work?

thanks

Edited by vampirehunter

@@vampirehunter

You can set it only in Paypal App.

• 6 months later...

My websites worked perfectly with the standard mod  all this time and I also enabled encrypted web payments in January and installed ssl as well. Except the few ipn issues almost all the orders were registered and the stock was taken off. However, in the last two weeks almost all the orders had issues with me receiving the debug email and the orders not registering and had to be done manually. I was thinking of implementing the mod suggested here to overcome the issue but having read through the paypal security update road map, they are very clear that they don't want you to use GET command and only  to use POST command. SO where does this leave us? if this mod is based on the get command. 

• 3 weeks later...

@Bob Terveuren

I followed and made changes per you post on this thread. I went over it again and found some things I missed and after doing that my website skips the actual payment part of logging into PayPal (sandbox) and goes straight to the success page on both the computer and mobile device. The items are removed from the cart and I get the emails both customer and store notification. When I login to the test PayPal site there is no record of payment having been made. Please feel free to try it out as I am still in test mode.

http://www.masonjarlighting.net/store1/

• 3 months later...

This was the last part that didn't work for my site that sells CDs and also music downloads.

The user got back to the shopping cart, though the payment and process was fine, but the user has to go to their Account, My Order and download it from there.

Now with Bob's adjustment and adding the PDT part it works perfectly.

User gets back to the success page and gets the download link when payment is succesful.

Thanks thanks thanks!