• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Implementing SHA-256

christianh

Hi, I an based in Finland I have an osCommerce online store using the 2.3 version and would like to use a payment module that redirects to Luottokunta bank payments but they say that the security method should use SHA-256 and not MD5. I have no idea what to do and which files to modify could you help me?

Hi

You'll have something like this installed:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3698

Assuming that works and the only problem is that the MD5 needs changing to SHA then you need to go to the

includes/modules/payment/luttokundo.php file - in the package above you'll find this:

$tarkiste = MODULE_PAYMENT_LUOTTOKUNTA_USER_ID. $order_number . $price . '1' . MODULE_PAYMENT_LUOTTOKUNTA_SALAINEN_AVAIN;
	  $mac=strtoupper(md5($tarkiste));

change that final line to

$mac = hash('sha256', $tarkiste)
Edited by Bob Terveuren

Hi, and thank you Bob Terveuren for your answer I will try that.

Another question, is it a must to use SSL when it goes as follows that a registered member clicks a button that takes him/her to a new page which is a secured bank page where the whole payment process will take place?

The fact is I wouldn't like to pay for an SSL service if its useless to the transaction.

If you want to transmit cc info on your pages you will need SSL.

If you send the customer to a 3 party payment service to complete payment info then you don't necessarily need SSL, but even so you should still have it since you are collecting sensitive personal info during checkout.