• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bootstrap 3 in 2.3 new products rows aligning

hello support,

i am in the process of testing the bootstrap 3.

i downloaded this--osCommerce-2334-bootstrap-master from github and imported my database.

i am having trouble with the new products rows aligning (left) nicely  on home page.

i think it is because the links for the products are on 2 lines see pic in link

http://sympacare.com/capture.html

can someone help me with this.

thanks,

craig

@@zpupster

Hi Craig

Would be nice if you could start your thread something like this below so we can all find the topic

Bootstrap 3 in 2.3 new products rows aligning

So  it is easy to find threads they can get so long if we are not specific and guess the bootstrap thread will be massive eventually :thumbsup:

Now seem to remember grandpa (john) had a similar issue with an answer but dammed if I can find it which I guess is exactly what I mean might have been something to do with image size not sure.

regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

@@zpupster

I had exactly the same problem. In the end it was easily solved.

In the configuration> Small images I set this to height 100 width 0. then made all the gif thumbnails height to 100px. and it worked a treat. I found that if the small images were set to anything other then the height of the small images size set in the admin>config>images

things got screwed.

The problem also seems to occur if the product title runs to more than 1 row. like the first product on your page.

Hope this might help.,

Good luck

Grandpa

Hi,

I had the same problem when the headline needed more than one row. My solution:

user.css add:

.headliner{
min-height: 40px;}

or if you don't need a min-height in the collapsed view (test it):

@[member=media] (min-width: 768px) {
.headliner{
min-height: 40px;}
}

includes/modules/new_products.php change:

$new_prods_content .= '      <p class="text-center"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a></p>';

to: 

$new_prods_content .= '      <p class="text-center headliner"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a></p>';

That's it!

J.J.

my apologies,

the solution you provided does indeed work, i was having trouble with dreamweaver i thought it was saving local changes to remote server

but it was not.

again i apologize and thank you for your time.

Craig

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Previous solutions fixed the problem of two line titles for me, but I use different aspect ratio images. I have set width = 0, so the columns get messed up when width > height.

I've removed the problem by adding fixed height to the whole product box in  user.css:

.thumbnail {
    height:438px
}

Archived