• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unable to Login admin after upgrading 2.3.3.4 to 2.3.4

lee the bean

Updated the admin configure.php and 22 files one at a time checking that all was well with some basic checks after each file amended. All seemed fine with https working on the administration side - UNTIL - I logged out.

Now I cant login admin.

Using MS IE the login screen just sits with a waiting for 'site xxx' message.

Using chrome the login screen returns a 'This webpage has a redirect loop' timeout

Using Firefox the login returns 'The page isn't redirecting properly'

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Tried setting admin confure.php from  

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); to define('ENABLE_SSL', false);

but the login still calling https:. Have double checked the update - no errors.

My site is setup to use database sessions not cookies  - define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

Don't really want to undo the update at this stage, any ideas anyone?

@@lee the bean

I had the same thing happen.  In my case I had to change my admin/includes/configure file settings.   I had too many slashes in places.   So that's one place to check is your settings.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

I don't think slashes is a problem in my admin configure.php. All, seems well there. Noticed someone has undone the $PHP_SELF changes (of which there are two in this update) and fixed there problem... Cant see a reason why the second $PHP_SELF change should be an issue, but maybe it is?

When googling for a solution to the issue, I came up with some threads with different causes/solutions.  In my case and maybe yours, the issue would go away when I reverted to the previous code in admin/includes/application_top.php, specifically 

reverting from 

$req = parse_url($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_NAME']);
  $PHP_SELF = substr($req['path'], strlen(DIR_WS_ADMIN));

back to

$PHP_SELF = (((strlen(ini_get('cgi.fix_pathinfo')) > 0) && ((bool)ini_get('cgi.fix_pathinfo') == false)) || !isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_NAME'])) ? basename($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF']) : basename($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_NAME']);

Which let me operated until I figured out what was going on.

A couple threads I googled pointed to the configure.php settings and looking through my previous settings I found some that I modified which resolved the issue.  Meaning I could proceed with the 2.3.4 upgrade as given.

Good luck on all that

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Had to back out the upgrade. Presumably this works without having to do the mods that others have done in the previous causes/solutions? Hmm.

The problem is as follows:-

login.php?action=process    POST    302      initiator  Other

lopin.php                              GET       302      initiator  login?action=process  Redirect      (x 20 entries    -  until)

login.php                              GET      (failed) NET:ERR_TO_MANY_REDIRECTS    initiator   login.php   

Having checked and rechecked the coding changes I cannot get to the bottom of this problem.

• 1 month later...

Finally got to fix this - and so for the benefit of apache webserver users (although I'm not sure that's relevant) the fix is:-

In admin/includes/configure.php

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

The upgrade docs says -

Limit cookies to this domain - can be left empty

It should read - MUST be left empty. If one uses the front end configure.php parameters as a guide to complete the paths for these two parameters, then the redirects will be a problem.

Simples

• 2 weeks later...

Archived