• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Methods stopped working

ScottBlanton

Hello,

I am using an older version of osCommerce and USPS Methods and it just stopped working Monday night.  Nothing on my side has changed in several months and I've sent an e-mail into the USPS Web Tools Customer Service group to see if something was wrong with my account.  I am using OSC 2.2 and USPS Methods  5.2.1 Updated to July 28 2013 changes.  The only service I have selected is USPS Priority mail.  This is the error.

-2147219385 - The requested Mail Service is not available for the specified request attributes.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

USPS has finally killed off the V3 service, which means that any module that uses that old API will no longer work. Any module that uses the V4 API, such as this one, will work for you. Just write down your settings and uninstall the old module before you upload and install the new one.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Jim,

Thanks!  I was able to install the new module and things appear to be working.  I was able to configure the options I needed and submit a test order.  One thing I can't find or figure out, what do the checkboxes N, H, S represent in the Extra Services section?  Thanks for you help!

Scott

USPS has been talking about this change for the last year. The only surprise is the timing -- they originally said that they would be retiring V3 in September.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.