• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Address Overriding Customer Shipping Address

zefeena

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my current paypal module, would one of the other ones work more effectively?  I send my customers to paypal, as I do not have a 'secure' site, and I wouldn't like the responsibility of their card details anyhow! 

My current problem is below:

Thanks, Kellie

Posted Today, 12:10

Hi,

I'm having problems with the paypal address overriding the customer address. 

When they pay, it carries the Paypal address over to the 'shipping address'.  Often this address is incomplete.  I think it is doing this because people are 'streamlining their experience' with Paypal (that is saving their password), but it must also be a paypal glitch - which they refuse to accept.  It doesn't always carry the Paypal Primary address, it often carries the last address from their address book.  These addresses are often missing street names or door numbers.  Essentially, some sites have a box for the house number, another for street address, but Paypal only have one line for both, so I think only part of the address gets used and the other disposed of!

So, to cut to the solution!  Can anyone tell me a way that I force MY website to use the address the customer has entered into my website, and not use the Paypal address?

Thank you

Kellie

My paypal module is:

Paypal Express  Version: 1.2 (online status)   API Version: 60.0

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Hi Kellie..

That particular module version actually overrides the PayPal address with the address the customer has entered in their store account however this is only possible if the customer has logged on before initiating the Express Checkout flow.

From v3.0 of the module, the customers shipping address is passed to PayPal (if they have logged on previously) however the customer can override this with an address from their PayPal account.

Kind regards,

:heart:, osCommerce

Hi Harald,

It is possible I have a setting wrong somewhere because my customers HAVE to be logged in before they can checkout as I removed the Express tab, but still it sometimes over rides, and not always with their primary address, but with some random address which has been sucked into their address book! 

Personally, I think its a paypal glitch.  They have got a little (more) greedy lately and now want everyone to 'streamline' their accounts, which means your password is saved and the minute you press the buy now button - its bought, no 'are you sure' or 'please confirm'.  I have been very careful not to tick the box and 'streamline' with two teenage boys browsing ebay my Paypal account would empty very rapidly!

If you think of a way to make the shipping address use the one entered by the customer (the invoice address does use that), that would be great because I also added the sloppy words cleaner, and it cleans up the addresses entered onto my site, but when the paypal address is dragged over it can be all mishmash letters and looks very sloppy!  I have made the shipping address appear in a larger bold font and on the left side, so I can fold the paper and use it has a shipping label - hence it is quite essential the address is complete.

In the mean time i'll just have to keep checking them I guess, but a good 15% of addresses from paypal are actually wrong/incomplete! 

Kellie

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

• 6 months later...

I got the same problem too.

But I also found the other issue may be a bug.

Once the address is overridden by Paypal, it will be returned to the checkout_confirmation.php.

And I found that if there is no such country code ( the new address override by Paypal)  set in shipping module, the Postage and packaging: is set to 0

is it a bug?

OSC 2.3.4 

Paypal version 3.1

API version 112

Thanks

Edited by Oooooooo