• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

BETA:Version Control & Bookmark MODULE for Contributions

Druide

This is a beautiful contribution. Maybe it is the first step to a much needed API.

Not that I can make one... I may soon have some extra time to help, but the one single thing that (IMO) osC needs to do is build a generic "transaction" model, make that the core, make an API, and then there will be no need to "include" contributions in the core. Unless of course, they are significant transaction model changes...

--gabe

PS: thanks, robert...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i found a 'bug' in the search results of this contribution which i have to fix ASAP

When you use my search option then you get results, but when you click a result it jumps to the first page which is ofcourse not correct.

Will post an update today...

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have the Problem that the count number of entered contributions won?t be shown.

Here is the part for that of the ../admin/installed_contributions.php (line 353)

<td class="smallText" valign="top"><?php echo $admin_query_split->display_count($admin_query_query_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_RECORDS); ?></td>

Can somebody see, why the number isn?t shown ?

Thank you

Andreas

Hello,

I tested it on IE 6 and Opera 7.03 - but the the error from posting before exists on both.

On Opera 7.03 there are more errors.

The Calender don?t work right, the selected date isn?t written to the textfield.

You can?t set the status by clicking.

What can I do against this ?

Thanks for help

Andreas

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

nobody working with Opera ?

I have a another error under IE too, the total records of entered entries weren?t show. There should be shown how many Contributions are installed.

greets

Andreas

Hi Druide

I have justalled the Bookmark - Contribution Mod, I thinks is brilliant --> I could not imagine not using now! its very nice and organised, and makes for excellent tracking - I just wanted to point something out (maybe you are aware of already of this)

The part:

Release Target

This contribution is created for osC version ?

theres a drop down box [select Target Release] with MS1 2.2 as an option in it, which seems to get populated by the field on the right hand side of it (thats cool! didnt know that was possible - anyway what ever I write in there populates the drop down box - temporarily) the problem i found is the drop down box does not hold its memory - when ever I go to insert a new contribution/book mark the words MS1 2.2 have disapeared and it just says --> Select release taget, but the drop-down options have gone?

do you know how I could fix this --> or is that they way you intended it to be?

anyway I love it.

Cheers Lee

I fixed it, it was just a small naming issue:

it works heaps good! like it was meant too.

<tr class="dataTableRow">

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo TEXT_INFO_OSC_TARGET . '<br><font size="-2" color=blue>' . TEXT_INSERT_VERSION . '</font>'; ?> </td>

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('osC_target_id', $osC_target_array, $sInfo->osC_target); ?> <?php echo tep_draw_input_field('osC_target_new', '', 'size=20 maxlength=20'); ?></td>

</tr>

Changed to this:

<tr class="dataTableRow">

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo TEXT_INFO_OSC_TARGET . '<br><font size="-2" color=blue>' . TEXT_INSERT_VERSION . '</font>'; ?> </td>

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('osC_target', $osC_target_array, $sInfo->osC_target); ?> <?php echo tep_draw_input_field('osC_target_new', '', 'size=20 maxlength=20'); ?></td>

</tr>

admin/installed_contibutions.php --> about lines 207 to 210

I checked the code inside and out for another referance to osC_target_id but I did not find any so I assumed it was ok to make the alteration.

Cheers Lee

Mad Contribution :-)

• 1 month later...

Hi azer,

It wont work with MS1 - but the version 1.3 does, all the same features there is a screenshot in the 1.4 download its the same as 1.3,

or you can try it in action on my demo website

www.maxidvd.com.au/ms1/admin/

name: demo

user: demo

I think Druides contibution should be standard in oscommerce stores.

Cheers Lee

thanks maxi dvd !

we should all we people that are using thsi contribution send our table to make a as big as possible a main default table for all the contrib we use , is it a good idea ?

MS2

Great demo site you got there Maxi DVD.

Gave me a good impression of this contribution...and all the others ( :shock: ) you got installed!

Thanx,

TaFfin

SIGnificant.....right?

let me understand , the contribution is ust there for informatio , it doesnt not in a way ermeit you to disable or enable a contribution ?

if not i thin k ill add fields in the table and then put some condition code in my php files to be able to do it ...

MS2

Yeah, thats right its just like a bookmark, its just an easyway to recall what mods you have done to your store and where the mod can be downloaded again for future updates and where the support forum for it resides.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi,

This is an excellent contribution and I am using it extensively.

Makes it much easier to get to the forums and downloads.

However, I made these modifications to your files

In /admin/installed_contributions.php

Changed:

('installed_contributions_help.php','ic','400','600','center','front')

To:

('installed_contributions_help.php','ic','600','400','center','front')

Something I will fix on mine later:

in the admin/installed_contributions_help.php

the link after Add to Topic prefixes the link with my domain.

I am thinking there must be a base href reference somewhere in the document, but I'll get to that later.

Thanks

Thanks James its ALWAYS nice to hear that people respect hard work :)

The funny thing is creating a contribution is not too difficult but to REWRITE it for an original version is the hard part, after that everyone is killing you to make it work for version 0.1 to 999.34x of whatever oscommerce version...lol

Thanks again

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I still think this is the best contrib.

Best way to track what you have done in case something goes wrong.

This contrib borders on being a Change Control System.

Anyway, the reason i'm posting.

on the installed_contributions_help.php page

there are escape characters in the html area, ex.. href=\"

so if you click the link, it prefixes the web server address before the link.

also, may want to change the url path to either do a database lookup of the forum_ref and forum number, or hardcode http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39757&st=30 into installed_contributions_help.php

i went ahead and put the link in mine since it should not change...at least not often...=)

Thanks, I appreciate this contribution...!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I just installed this contribution last night. Everything seems to be up and running however I must have done something wrong. I can insert contributions, no problems, however if I try to edit them I get a long TEP error. Have any idea what dumb thing I did? Other than that I love the contribution, I just hope I maintain it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all you hard work.

Teresa

Hi all,

I have added a small contribution that makes the status switch in 'Version Control & Bookmark MODULE for Contributions' dynamically turn on and off the contribution.

It does require a little PHP knowledge but not much.

It can be found here...

Contribution Switch

I use it for things like infoboxes and some of the less intrusive features but it should be usable with any feature.

Hi,

However, I made these modifications to your files

In /admin/installed_contributions.php

Changed:

('installed_contributions_help.php','ic','400','600','center','front')

To:

('installed_contributions_help.php','ic','600','400','center','front')

Robert: This is a great mod!

SirLeo: Thanks for the change!

• 2 months later...

Hi

It seems that the '[Forum Thread]' (links to contrib forum thread) doesnt work anymore?!

Today [Forum Thread] links to http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...

but as the honoured viewers can see in the browssers adressline above it should be

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=...

Or do I miss something? :unsure:

• 5 weeks later...

Hiyas All,

LTNS. Been away for a while.

Just wanted to share an improvement on this contribution.

Situation:

After you add a contrib to the list, when you set the contrib active, you get a listing of the records. If you want to add another item, you have to click the link on the left to get to the default page for contrib control before you can add another contrib to the list. I made a modification to allow insertion of a new item after activating most recent.

Modification:

In installed_contributions.php

FIND:

<?php

if (!$HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) {

?>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INSTALLED_CONTRIBUTIONS, 'action=new') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_insert.gif', IMAGE_INSERT) . '</a>'; ?></td>

</tr>

Above the <?php

INSERT:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<tr> 
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td colspan="2" align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INSTALLED_CONTRIBUTIONS, 'action=new') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_insert.gif', IMAGE_INSERT) . '</a>'; ?></td>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?</tr>

This modification will provide an insert button on the page.

This perhaps may not be the best method, but it works and is simple.

=)

Edited by SirLeo

• 3 months later...

Anyone have any more updates to this? I just installed it and change a few things here and there to bring it up current like this board's links and such. Love it, wished I had it installed BEFORE I installed all my MODs. I have so many that I have no idea where to start... DOE!

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

There is something that I just do not get with this one. The 3 color dots...

Set Active / Active

Set Inactive / Inactive

Set Bookmarked / Bookmarked

What do these actually do? Why would I want to Bookmark it?

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

PROBLEM...

I now have 2 pages listed. When you go to the 2nd page, the box on the right disappears. When you click on one of the listed entries, then the box on the right appears.

How can this be fixed to display the box as soon as you get to other pages?

-----------

Also, I do not have a count at the lower left corner where it should state XX Records. It just says Records. How can I fix this?

This is the code calling it in the php file:

<tr>
                   <td class="smallText" valign="top"><?php echo $admin_query_split->display_count($admin_query_query_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_RECORDS); ?></td>
                   <td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo $admin_query_split->display_links($admin_query_query_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], 'sID=' . $sInfo->contr_id . '&sort=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']); ?></td>
                 </tr>

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...