• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC2.2 RC2A conversion to OSC 2.3.4

OSC2.2 RC2A conversion to OSC 2.3.4

These files I have assembled in this package assume that you, the reader, have access to the OSC configuration files, are somewhat knowledgable in the usage of PhpMyAdmin, a terminal program (like SecureCRT), and an FTP program. IF you are not I recommend that you stop now and go no further.

WHAT THIS PACKAGE WILL DO:

1. INSERT the NEW tables as created by the OSC 2.3.4

a. Action Recorder

b. Products Images

c. SEC Directory Whitelist

2. MODIFY existing OSC tables to be as created by the OSC 2.3.4 sql file

WHAT THIS PACKAGE WILL NOT DO: 

1. Delete tables

2. Create tables required by user installed modifications

3. Modify fields inserted by user installed modifications

These files do NOT ensure that user install modifications will work properly with OSC 2.3.4 - that is the end user's responsibility.

FOLLOW THE READ_ME.pdf instructions

The files are located here

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9097

Edited by Jan Zonjee
changed MS2A into RC2A

I've never heard of 2.2 MS2A. Did you mean 2.2 MS2 (roughly 2003 or 6 vintage) or 2.2 RC2a (more recent)?

There's already an add-on somewhere that takes your database all the way from 2.2 MS2 to 2.3.3.x (via SQL). Then there is an upgrade package to 2.3.4. It might be useful to extend the other add-on to take the last step to 2.3.4 (and keep updating it with further upgrades), rather than creating yet another add-on. I haven't looked inside this add-on -- is that what you do?

I misquoted the vsn number it is RC2a thank you for pointing that out.

Also I corrected it in the updated files.  

THANK YOU

RE: 

There's already an add-on somewhere that takes your database all the way from 2.2 MS2 to 2.3.3.x (via SQL). Then there is an upgrade package to 2.3.4. It might be useful to extend the other add-on to take the last step to 2.3.4 (and keep updating it with further upgrades), rather than creating yet another add-on. I haven't looked inside this add-on -- is that what you do?

I NEVER found this in the add-ons ALSO the ones I did find did NOT do the UTF-8 unicode conversion.