• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Express + MZMT Shipping + Defined Shipping Zones - Urgent

Mort-lemur

Hi,

On my 2.3.4 stores I have "allow orders not matching defined shipping zones" set to false, and I use MZMT shipping - and all works well with my default zone (mainland uk).

However, I have had customers contact me from N. Ireland and the scottish highlands who have been told that paypal express will not allow them to checkout and tells them that we do not deliver to those areas.

I am trying now with "allow orders not matching defined shipping zones" set to true to see if that makes any difference - but am nervous that it will not add shipping to the order........

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Update - With "allow orders not matching defined shipping zones" set to true it makes no difference to my customer in NI, they can still not checkout...

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

@@joli1811 ahh so it may be my iso codes for the zones causing the problem - I know that I made some of them up..........

Off to check NI now.........

nope - NI in my tables is a subset of United Kingdom with an iso code of GB and GBR

just paypal express that is throwing the spanner in the works - paypal standard accepted my set up..........

OK this is now resolved thanks to help from @Harald Ponce de Leon, for anyone else who finds that customers are being shown a message when using paypal express that your store does not ship to their address please note the following:

Ensure that your shipping zones set up in your store match those that paypal uses.

In my case for example, I had a shipping zone called "Lothian" and the customers registered paypal address was "East Lothian" therefore paypal could not return shipping data from my store and returned the "Does not ship to your address" error.

I guess that this would apply to other countries as well, such as Irish Counties, French Departments and US States

And of course paypal does not seem to have a list of counties than can be used, you need to grab this from the paypal change address page on your paypal account.........

• 2 weeks later...

@@wHiTeHaT Thats the problem - paypal does not seem to have a list of its address zones - you have to go to change your paypal address and somehow capture all the zones it shows you for that country.........

I asked paypal for lists of Counties + States + Regions + departments - but all I got was an automated response and I dont have the time to sit on the phone to them for an hour trying to explain the problem.....

@@wHiTeHaT Yes once the customer is logged into paypal express it pulls the shipping costs from MZMT shipping based on the customers address that is held by paypal