• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Orders not showing in Admin

Stealth1

My hosting provider has made some changes a few days ago and has broken functionality of our website.  I had to make some minor changes to a WPP PayPal module to restore most of the functionality to the site.  It required removing the & on lines that had &$xxxx code.

This leads me to believe they made some php updates or changes and it has caused problems.

This has then resulted in none of our order information showing up in our admin area.  It shows as though we have had no orders but the information is still all listed in the DB.  What would cause this and how can I fix it so the website pulls the order information.  For reference it still shows all of the customer and customer information in the customers area but there's nothing for orders.

Just a quick update, now in the admin area it shows as though we have no products as well.

Really hoping someone can shed some light on what would cause all of this and how to fix it.

I'm tempted to try to do a database back-up and restore but i'm concerned that the back-up will not have any of the products.

Found another weird thing that may help get some insight into resolving this.

I had found something on here about adding some code to force english.  I only have used English on the website from day 1 so I don't know what changed but the site would throw up errors.  After adding the code in application_top for both catalog and admin I could access the web pages but none of my products or information was there.  No orders, none of the products etc.

So I removed the added code.  Instead I tried adding ?language=en to both the catalog and admin URL's and now I can view all of my products, orders, etc.

What could have changed that would now require the ?language=en to be needed?  I have some stuff in my .htaccess that is designed to provide cleaner looking URL's.  Could some new update have broken that?

It sounds like you are running an old version of osComemrce, and your host has updated to a PHP version that your old code doesn't support. I can't be more specific without knowing what version of osCommerce, PHP, and MySQL you are using.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

@@kymation Thanks for the response, you hit the nail on the head.  After asking 20+ times they finally told us they switched to PHP 5.4.  This appears to have broken OSC which we're running a heavily modified 2.2 RC2 version. 

We have it functioning ok for now but we've run into an issue where shipping is not being added/shown during the order confirmation page.  It shows some of the shipping options on the shipping page and you can select one but when you get further into the check-out process it no longer shows.  It seems hit or miss whether it will show up, any idea what that could be?

There are a lot of changes to 2.2RC2 that are needed to make it work with PHP 5.4. Payment and shipping modules are a particular pain to deal with. The best way is to install a new copy of osCommerce 2.3.4 and import your old database, then add any Addons that you need.

You can also follow the upgrade path to each intermediate version in turn. That will result in a hybrid that is neither osC 2.2 nor 2.3, but a combination of both. This will preserve your old Addons, but at a cost of being incompatible with just about everything. This will probably be more work than the straight replacement, so I don't recommend it.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

New debian versions is coming (last was fly away in 01/06/2004) and a lot of v2.2 store will be knock out... To follow the main stream is recommended and update to v2.3.4 to prevent security issues or select a professional host where you can figure out the php yourself your own risk...

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Archived