• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Store Logo

henry8362

Hi all, 

I set-up my OScommerce store yesterday, still in the very early stages of it. 

I've run into a problem when trying to import my logo:

I select it in the store logo bit, click save...I then get the "logo changed" message but my Logo doesn't change, indeed the "os commerce" logo just re-sizes itself...I can't quite figure out why this is occuring.

Any thoughts?

Henry Evans

• 1 month later...

I am having this exact same issue.  Though it has been several hours now and no change.  Other updates (mostly jquery related) has been instantaneous. 

This seems so simple.  I am using a .png image that's about the same size as the OSC logo at top.  Not sure what's happening.  Does anyone know is this a blonde moment, as OSC problem of some sort or an issue with my hosting?

Oooooo ok.  Semi-blonde moment.  I was pretty certain I had made the images directory fully writable and all just after installation.  Perhaps during some aggressive  FTP-ing last night the permissions somehow got changed. I am still trying to comprehend if and how that can happen.  (New to this.)

I just double checked the permissions and they were at 755...I changed 777 and all is well.

Permissions should only be set to 777 if absolutely necessary - if your hosting set up means that you need to have directories set to 777 then I would seriously consider changing hosting

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Thanks for the reply.  I am a bit confused as if the 777 IS necessary on my host.  It did solve the issue at that time but then later when I tried to reupdate the logo I experienced the same issue again even with the 777 set.  AND THEN,  a few hours later I have been able to throw up different logo images one after another with no problem.  I changed no operations on my end.  A bit confused as to what is/was happening.  A friend mentioned something about possible server cache log delay? 

I am going to look more into the possible dangers of 777.  Try setting back to 755 and if issue comes back then contact my hosting to see what they say.

Again thanks :) I am very very green here. 

Archived