Sign in to follow this  
gdfwilliams

All Products = Spider Food

oh no sorry, very sorry. It works perfectly!

It is my bad mistake, because I expected The distillers to be in the 'D' section like in my menu.

Damned these late nights! lol

Again, GREAT contribution!

And a HUGE thankyou, have a GREAT day!!

Man, you are good!

and dedicated, but the list still stops at

The distillers - gun

Ive seen its not because of the ( in the product name :?:

And also the continue button takes me to the main index page :?:

Anything you can think of?

I think we shoudl move to the new thread as this thread has gone over to 8 pages.

http://forums.oscommerce.com/viewtopic.php?t=54939

I have updated the All Prods mod to be compatible with Osc Milestone 2.2

excuse my poor englsih but does it mean it's still working for ms1 and also comaptible with ms2 ? or only ms2 thanks !

MS2

Has anyone addressed the underscore problem. Using underscores defeats the whole point of using all products. I doubt anyone would search Google for white_tee_shirts (one word), I think they would use the search term white tee shirts instead.

Can't we put in a space instead of an underscore?

If a space was used instead of an underscore wouldn't the browser put in %20 by default? Or something like that.

I am really new to this whole process, but I have modified the AllProds module for two additional items. I added a text description and for Apache servers, I have redirected 404 errors to that page through my .htaccess page. It really helps very nicely for accessing missing pages. I think that if someone is trying to access a discontinued item that they may have accessed through a search engine, if I redirect them to the AllProds page, then hopefully they will see a substitute item.

You can see it work here (site is still in test mode, not live):

http://www.uptowngoodies.com/catalog/allprods.php

Now type in anything like:

http://www.uptowngoodies.com/catalog/anything.php

You get redirected to the AllProds page and it contains a description that makes that redirect a little more understandable. If you do not have an Apache server, but know how to code a 404 redirect page, you may want to consider the AllProds page for that redirect.

I have no idea how to make a contribution and really don't have the time right now to learn, but if you are one of those who knows how and you would like to add these mods to the package, I will be more than happy to send the files to you.

Thanks and take care, Sharon

Has anyone else noticed that product descriptions with apostrophes break and everything after the "'" doesn't get displayed in the URL? I've used both 2.4 and 2.5 with the same results. I was going to dig into it but thought this must have come up before now, although I haven't found any mention in this or the other thread. Thanks.

David

On a second look I did find some discussion on this earlier in this thread (sorry) but no real answers. I did the following for now which seems to work fine.

In allprods.php around line #140 change:

$this_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO,  'name=' . str_replace(" ", "_", $this_name). '&products_id=' . $this_id . (($this_language_code == DEFAULT_LANGUAGE) ? '' : ('&language=' . $this_language_code)), 'NONSSL', false);

to this:

$this_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO,  'name=' . urlencode(str_replace(" ", "_", $this_name)). '&products_id=' . $this_id . (($this_language_code == DEFAULT_LANGUAGE) ? '' : ('&language=' . $this_language_code)), 'NONSSL', false);

The urlencode function ignores the underscores created by the str_replace but changes the apostrophes to "%27". It works for me.

David

Has anyone else noticed that product descriptions with apostrophes break and everything after the "'" doesn't get displayed in the URL? I've used both 2.4 and 2.5 with the same results. I was going to dig into it but thought this must have come up before now, although I haven't found any mention in this or the other thread. Thanks.

David

A simple PHP rule!

When using special characters used in php code like apostrophes and loads of other stuff used in written English that we all take for granted

What you have to do is tell php that you mean it literally. So you add a backslash In front of the character (Bird's) this tells php to take the apostrophe literally and not to read it as a piece of code and will display Bird's

I have installed the cont but getting an error

1054 - Unknown column 'c.categories_status' in 'where clause'

Please let me know what could be wrong. I know that there is no coloum with that name, but I don't know where to add this coloum.

Thanks

I have installed the cont but getting an error

1054 - Unknown column 'c.categories_status' in 'where clause'

Please let me know what could be wrong. I know that there is no coloum with that name, but I don't know where to add this coloum.

Thanks

I have updated the mod. It removes the c.categories_status

Download it here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,137

farruck would it be possible to have the last version rewrittent to be compatible with ms1 ? i tried to but think my skills are not strong enough :roll:

MS2

farruck would it be possible to have the last version rewrittent to be compatible with ms1 ? i tried to but think my skills are not strong enough :roll:

Azer, I dont have MS1 installed so i wont be able to update it for MS1

well i hope someone more skilled that me add tried to upgrade the 1.4 version that works in ms1

maybe u could give me direction , i would like the all product to display by manufacturer or categories ... :?:

MS2

Well, I've read through all 9 pages and haven't found an answer.

In the read me text is this:

4. Add this hidden link to where ever you like it i placed it in the catalog/includes/Header.php but you can also place it in footer or whereecer you want too :-)

It must be well hidden because I couldn't find it.

Would someone buy me a clue? Thanks for the help.

Cindyd

Cindy -

I've done about all the thinking I can do in one day :wink: My head hurts. *I think* In those instructions, numbers 4 5 and 6 are interchangeable.

In 4, the basic link is presented:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS . '</a><br>' .

Then in step 5 he takes it a step further and shows you how to edit your catagory box to add this link in there. But if you are using that cool menu, that may not work. You could also put it in the search box --

HTH,

Anne

This is a great contribution. THANKS.

Can someone help me find which file this program uses for the headers? This works great, but I've got the OSC logo at the top of the page. (I'm using the basic template contribution, so that may be why it only shows up when viewing all products. I've changed header.php and main_page_tpl :tellme:

THANKS in advance-

Anne

Anne: I found another thread on this and realized my mistake. Number 4 should have been disregarded entirely. You could look in header_tags.php

I am getting this error after installing the latest contrib.

When I click on a link in the categories box I get the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and c.parent_id = '68' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id a

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from categories c, categories_description cd where and c.parent_id = '68' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id='1' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name

[TEP STOP]

Does anyone have any idea what in the world I've done wrong?

I didn't touch my database. I just followed the instructions.

<<btw.. where were all_prods.php and the other file supposed to go? (the ones not in the /includes folder) Just in /catalog ??>>

Help

Khim~

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup :-)

btw.. I get similar errors whenever I click on anything in the categories box except the link to "View all Products"

Blah!

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup :-)

You installed the latest contribution and (it seems ...?) the contribution has the same error as it/you had before: ... try taking out the 'and' after the 'where' in the select statement.

:rolleyes:

Ack :-( That's what I get for not being able to figure out the search feature on these new boards:-)

Pixxi, I actually found your fix posted in the other forum after I had posted my problem in this one :-( But again, I want to thank you for your sharp eyes! I must have looked that code over 5 times and couldn't see where the mistake was!

Thank you for taking the time to read through these contrib postings and respond; it means a lot to those of us who are php illiterate ;-)

hagd!

Khim~

's Ok. ... Hmm... but you've got one up on me there ....what does 'Ack' and Hagd' mean ...?

<_<

Pixxi:

Ack is just an expression I use when I've done something I regard as an "Ooops!"

hadg is shorthand on IRC for Have a good day :-)

I spend far too much time online in programming chat rooms looking for some programming guru to teach me a new trick ;-)

Khim~

:wacko: