• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Website Integration

mtechama

Hi Guys, its been a long time. I just have a quick question. I am wanting to know if oscommerce can be integrated part of a website using HTML?

Wade Morris

Amarillo, Texas

Before you do any changes on your site you need to do BACKUP! BACKUP!

It can be done via an iframe but it shouldn't be. The better way is to provide a link to a sub-directory which holds the shop. But even that can have problems, though it is common.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, my main website for an example is www.mtechama.com and I am planning to put my store like www.mtechama.com/shop or store.

Wade Morris

Amarillo, Texas

Yes, you can do that. It is possible for the session ID to be lost when switching between the shop and the html site but my guess is that most shoppers, once on the shop, don't switch back. Other than that, it will work fine.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack I will create a page on my website later and I will explain about the page and the site.

Wade Morris

Amarillo, Texas

Hi Wade

Just looking I see no reason why you should not integrate your html part into oscommerce which would be easiest and with a bit of practice you can clone the design I see only 4 or 5 html pages plus the forum which is separate anyway

so i would install the latest 2.3.4 in a subdirectory and build when ready move up to top.

use info manager to add your existing pages this adds the html pages from admin

use the same header as html shop as header background image get

your nav bar into the osc header.php

Now 2.3 series is a lot different to the older versions so small learning curve plenty of design tips etc in the forum tips and tricks

then change the oscommerce includes/footer.php to replicate your html site

great book available does not costs much (see link top) will save you days/weeks of trying to understand how to change design.

This way you will avoid any session problems just make sure your forum software is a target blank link and the other nav links use the tep href function ask here how when you are that far.

Regards

Joli

PS: your html welcome text can be put directly into index.php using that info manager i was talking about above

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Archived