• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Config Var Issues When Updating

evermorian

I have been trying to update my OSC installation and, have run into a couple of strange issues.  I am at 2.3.3.4 with one non-show-stopper glitch in the admin UI but, the 2.3.4 update is entirely fatal.

With 2.3.3.4, I have everything basically working.  However, in the admin UI, I have an extra menu section named BOX_HEADING_ORDERS at the top of the menu column.  Under it is a BOX_ORDERS_ORDERS item, which goes to the same place as Customers > Orders. (See attached image)

post-61903-0-64174700-1402705033_thumb.png

This looks like some sort of config var and, I see that it is referenced in catalog/admin/includes/boxes/orders.php.  It seems like that should be getting replaced with some other text, though.

When I install the 2.3.4 update, all of links in the admin menu are modified to include a string in the middle of the URL: HTTPS_SERVERDIR_WS_HTTS_ADMIN.  Removing that gets me to the appropriate admin UI page.

I recognize that as two vars defined in includes/configure.php, where they remain correctly set.

The 2.3.4 update also removes the login form entirely from the customer view of the shop.  So, customers cannot checkout.

I am applying the updated files and, the SQL bits from the change log ( http://library.oscommerce.com/Online&en&oscom_2_3&release_notes&v2_3_4 ).

Any guesses as to what is going wrong or, what I need to do to correct it?

BOX_HEADING_ORDERS and BOX_ORDERS_ORDERS are defined in your admin/includes/languages/english.php. Find those definitions and put them back, or go back to a backup file that has the definitions.

You missed the changes to your admin/includes/configure.php in the upgrade to 2.3.4 instructions. This has to be done by hand to preserve the values set in the configure.php at installation.

The Login page is now modular, so the modules need to be installed. Log into your Admin and navigate to Modules >> Content.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I resolved the 2.3.3.4 issue.

It turns out that this is defined in admin/includes/languages/english.php in the FULL OSC install download but, not in the update version.  So, I added the appropriate lines to that file:

// orders box text in includes/boxes/orders.php
define('BOX_HEADING_ORDERS', 'Orders');
define('BOX_ORDERS_ORDERS', 'Orders');

... and the new extra box went away.

Got it. Everything is working, now.

Thank you very much.

It would be nice to have a one-page install guide for updates. I may be lazy but, having to slog through the entire change log seems excessive.

Archived