• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cost and Profit report

I was wondering if there is a module... for this request.

I seen that there a lot of report add-ons to tell me what my sales have been. But I would like to no how much money I am making on each product or invoice a generate in my shop. There should be a second field when entering a new article into the system called "Cost price". So that we can generate a report based on the (cost price - actual selling price), to give us the profit and not just the total sales for each month.

Any suggestion

Steven

Actually, you'd need more than just a new field. We'd need a new table, so that you could keep historical track of what a product costs.

If a product goes down in price, and you adjust it accordingly, you don't want last months profits to look exaggerated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

yes our module shipping and order processing allows you to enter following:

-> item cost or atribute cost.

-> we also include fields to enter acutal shipping cost and actual packing cost

( versus calculated one from the shopping cart)

once information entered we have a block calculating profigt margin and gross margin % for each order.

then we have a report to see results by month

we created our module to be multilingue

all translations are in a language table oinstead of translation files.

there is an admin screen to add ne language id and translation for all variables in our module