• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Standard Not Emptying Basket

Mort-lemur

Hi all

I have same issue with Paypal Standard payment.

I am doing testing with Sandbox, the payment was successful, the order has been placed on admin. But on successful payment, i returned back to shopping cart and cart is not empty.

I have also added debug email but did not get any response in that email. The Paypal IPN verification is failed i think.

I have tried with the previous comments from this post but still no luck.

I have debug the checkout_process.php file after successful order, but it redirects after this code.

$payment_modules->before_process();

Can anybody help me on this issue?

Thanks in adv.

Tejas

Edited by tejas.hapani

• 2 months later...

2. In both modules: paypal standard and express checkout special characters in product names like german Umlaut and spanish accents do not show correct in paypal.

This happens in all versions, including unmodified osC 2.3.4 installation.

I fixed this in ext/modules/payment/express.php line 634:

$item_params['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NAME' . $line_item_no] = utf8_decode($product['name']);

Thanks and kind regards

Rainer

Wow, thanks a ton! You are my hero, you saved me. I had setup everything (SQL tables, collation, web server default charset, configurations in php files) to use UTF-8 and I still got scrambled Umlaute in the Paypal Express Checkout dialog. This fixed it! I also applied it to the customers name/address information (lines 650-655)

$params['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTONAME'] = utf8_decode($order->delivery['firstname']) . ' ' . utf8_decode($order->delivery['lastname']);
        $params['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET'] = utf8_decode($order->delivery['street_address']);
        $params['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOCITY'] = utf8_decode($order->delivery['city']);
        $params['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTATE'] = tep_get_zone_code($order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id'], $order->delivery['state']);
        $params['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE'] = $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'];
        $params['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOZIP'] = $order->delivery['postcode'];

That fixed it. This should really be fixed in the osCommerce release I think.

Thanks again a lot!!

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.