• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Standard Not Emptying Basket

Mort-lemur

Hi,

on my 2.3.3.4 store I have updated the paypal standard to Version 3.2 and have a problem:

A customer has just purchased something and her order status in admin is "Awaiting Approval" as it should be - However if I open the order its status is "PayPal [Transactions]"

I have done a test order and on completion I am returned to my shopping cart and the cart has not been emptied.

Not sure if it is related but my error log is showing:

PHP Warning:  session_destroy(): Trying to destroy uninitialized session in /home/usernames/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 166

With Line 166 being:

return session_destroy();

Any Ideas what is going on here?

Many Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Just Rolled back to PP Standard 3.1 and the same problem with the same error message in the log

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Rolled back to PP Std Ver 1.0 and all is working as it should be again.....

Hi Heather..

Were any PayPal transaction information stored with the order? You should see the following two entries:

• PayPal Verified; this means the customer returned back to your store after making payment at PayPal, and
  • PayPal IPN Verified; this means the PayPal Instant Payment Notification was received

The IPN finalizes the order even if the customer did not return back to the store after making payment at PayPal.

If the customer did not return back to the store and the IPN was not received, this will leave the order in a preparing state.

Edited by Harald Ponce de Leon

:heart:, osCommerce

Hi Harald,

In the trial order I made I was returned to the store (to the shopping cart with the items still in it) and the order screen looked like the screenshots below - all money was received

The only changes I have made to the PP Std. V1.0 file are some changes associated with option types V2 but nothing to do with sessions.

Thanks

I have super download store added to osC 2.3.3.4 and observed the same with paypal standard 3.2: backed to shopping cart which was not empty.

- Sandbox Order

- Order is registered in Admin/orders.php and Account order history

- Order status history is empty

- debug-mail:

$HTTP_GET_VARS:

Array
(
[tx] => 9V168292YA878900H
[st] => Completed
[amt] => 65.88
[cc] => EUR
[cm] => 66
[item_number] =>
)

However paypal express works in the same scenario.

Edited by raiwa

Rainer, is that in live or in sandbox mode? If it was in live, can you perform a test in sandbox mode?

Thanks,

Yes, it's in Sandbox mode

Edited by raiwa

That's strange that I can't reproduce it locally. The "rm" parameter is being set in the transaction to have PayPal post the parameters back to the store when the customer returns back to the store, however the debug email shows that $HTTP_POST_VARS is empty.

Even if we remove the checking of the POST parameters, they are required so the transaction can be verified otherwise it leaves orders open to fraud.

It's not the same situation: I do not go to paypal admin, i wait the 10 sec to be backed to osCommerce, but arrive to shopping cart which is not empty instead of checkout success.

Yesterday I made the tests in spanish language which hadn't the language file updated. Now I tested in english and got the error message:

Could not verify the PayPal transaction. Please try again.

Here my paypal standard settings:

Enable PayPal Website Payments Standard
True

E-Mail Address
[email protected]

Primary E-Mail Address

Page Style

Transaction Method
Sale

Set Preparing Order Status
Preparing [PayPal Standard]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status
predeterminado/a

PayPal Transactions Order Status Level
PayPal [Transactions]

Payment Zone
--ninguno--

Gateway Server
Sandbox

Verify SSL Certificate
False

Proxy Server

Debug E-Mail Address
[email protected]

Enable Encrypted Web Payments
False
Your Private Key
Your Public Certificate
PayPals Public Certificate
Your PayPal Public Certificate ID
Working Directory
/web/htdocs/www.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa/home/includes/work

OpenSSL Location
/usr/bin/openssl

Sort order of display.

I tried also with different Working Directory settings incl. empty

and

Verify SSL Certificate

True

I tested with all the following:

- virtual and real products

- osC 2.3.3.4 real store local setup under windows and xampp

- osC 2.3.3.4 real store public live under linux

- osC 2.3.3.4 test store base installation, no modifications, local setup under windows and xampp

- osC 2.3.4 test store base installation, no modifications, local setup under windows and xampp

ALL with the same result: backed to shopping cart with products instead of checkout success and the mentioned error message:

Could not verify the PayPal transaction. Please try again.

ALL with the same kind of debug e- mail:

$HTTP_GET_VARS:

Array
(
[tx] => 5L1809531M4655507
[st] => Completed
[amt] => 26.96
[cc] => EUR
[cm] => 66
[item_number] => 
) 

Now I found 2 other issues:

1. My live store is setup to show prices incl. tax.

Paypal shows the product listing with price incl. tax for each product, then adds again tax on the total amount.

Example:

Resumen de su pedido
DescripcionesImporte

Caballo blancoCaballo blanco€18,15*********THIS INCLUDES ALREADY TAX
            Precio del artículo: €18,15
            Cantidad: 1

Importe total a pagar€18,15
    IVA: (21,000% en España);€3,81
    Envío y manipulación:cargando€5,00

Total €26,96 EUR

2. In both modules: paypal standard and express checkout special characters in product names like german Umlaut and spanish accents do not show correct in paypal.

This happens in all versions, including unmodified osC 2.3.4 installation.

I fixed this in ext/modules/payment/express.php line 634:

$item_params['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NAME' . $line_item_no] = utf8_decode($product['name']);

Thanks and kind regards

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem using Paypal Standard v3.2

Paypal transaction when through completely (money transferred) but shopping cart was not cleared and received message: "Could not verify the PayPal transaction. Please try again." when returning to the website.

Also received debug email that stated the response was INVALID.

I recently updated my PayPal standard code to the latest, but soon changed it back. Tested in sandbox mode and everything worked as it should, but when using in sale mode I  got a debug email which looked very similar to the ones posted elsewhere on this site. Payment was received, but no confirmation email was sent to me, and the order did not register within the orders table as being paid. I did not look into the customers account page to see what was registered there. Also the stock levels in the store did not change.  On going to my PayPal account, payment was received and there was a transaction id. None of this information was passed back and recorded in the comments area on the orders page. On speaking to the customer, he did say that he returned to the site, he did get a transaction email from PayPal, but nothing from the store. I did notice that the order status was still set at preparing PayPal standard.

On changing back to the old code, everything works at it should. I hope the above information helps someone debug this module.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 2 weeks later...

The only solution that worked for me was to roll back everything in the paypal standard code to what the site had, before the update. Its a shame that there seems to be many posts on these forums about this or similar happenings, but there does not seem to be anything being done. Harald was here early on in the thread, but not heard of since. Shame really.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

This problem could be browser related. It seems customers on IE are being redirected back to the store two times during the 10 second countdown. The first request processes the order properly and the second request is when no preparing order exists and a "can not verify transaction" error message is shown.

I can reproduce this double redirection problem with IE only - it works fine with Chrome and Firefox.

It would be great if those experiencing this problem could try with a different browser to confirm this.

Same problem here Harald. Remember when you helped me get the itemized view working? That was what version 3.1? Worked like a charm till i stumbled over this topic and tried it again and i get transfered back to the full shopping cart and an error message that says something like PayPal could not verify the transaction.

Same situation like post no. 15. GUess PP did something? I don't think any of us touched or recoded the module and it used to work before...

My setup is:

osC 2.3.3.4 and PP Standard v3.1

Tested Browser FF and Chrome both same result.

Lucky i saw this topic....wanted to go live this week but not without PP Standard....

Nothing new yet.

Although the older version module works, it is not recommended as it does not validate the order when the customer returns back to the store.

To help, enable the send debug email feature and post the email that you receive to this topic. It would also be great to post the requests PayPal makes from your webserver access log. The pages to look out for in the access log file are:

ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php

checkout_process.php

Not much help as this one works fine just testing since yesterday thought I would post anyway

$HTTP_GET_VARS:

Array
(
[tx] => 5K773864Y4535353S
[st] => Completed
[amt] => 35.06
[cc] => USD
[cm] =>
[item_number] =>
)
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.