• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution]Contributions Manager

kazack

This thread was started for support of an old but revived contribution. I do not take full credit for the contribution but at the time of this posting I am taking full credit on tearing it apart, redoing logic, and making it compatible with OsCommerce 2.3.3.4. I will start this thread off with giving credits and posting the contents of the changelog file. I will reply to all posts when needed, when I can. Please be patient if I do not reply ASAP, as this is not my full time job and do have a family to tend to as well. I do appreciate any and all comments, questions, possible added feature requests as well, although I think this is pretty robust to begin with. Thank You all for your time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contributions Manager Version 1.0 For 2.3.3.4 June 6th 2014

By Shawn Mulligan

###########################################################

With Thanks to the following people for the 2.2 Version #

Found Here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1126 #

User: Robert Hellemans - Original 2.2 Author #

User: Lee Nielson #

User: Druide - http://addons.oscommerce.com/profile/4805 #

User: owl666 - http://addons.oscommerce.com/profile/88225 #

###########################################################

Version 1.0

-Created New Forum Support Thread

-Changed the order of changelog.txt to go from current to past

-Renamed Contribution from Contribution Control & Bookmark Mod to Contributions Manager

-Renamed files to reflect the new Contributions_Manager from the old Installed_Contributions

-Rewrote code to work with OsCommerce 2.3.3.4

-Renamed tep_set_admin_query_status() to tep_set_contributions_manager_status()

-Moved tep_set_contributions_status() to /admin/functions/contributions_manager.php

-Created 3 more functions tep_set_contributions_manager_sort_order() and function tep_get_contributions_manager_sort_image() and function tep_count_contributions_manager()

-Improved the logic to the original Sort Function

-When you select how to sort, it stores it in the database and will stay sorted that way until you change it

-Improved Up and Down Arrow Icons. Tinged with a little green and whatever you selected to sort the arrow is red.

-Added Category to List and Sort by category Ascending and Descending

-Removed Search Box

-Removed Category Select Drop Down Box

-Removed p join references with no sql joins

-Renamed Variables to be meaningful

-Removed Copy To Button - Don't see a need to make a second copy of a contribution

-Changed Location From Configuration to TOOLS. Seems more fitting.

-Used OsCommerce 2.3.3.4 css button to create the Add New Contribution.

-Changed DeleteConfirm Logic to not allow deletion of contribution if only 1 exists.

-Improved a little on the Help Page

-And Probably much more not mentioned since this is a complete rewrite of code / logic / naming conventions / 2.3.3.4 Compatibility

TODO:

--change status to BUTTONS / RADIALS / CHECKBOX / DROPDOWN at EDIT (Lingering from Version 0.1.3)

--Complete HELP INFO on all pages, link is there but not all the info is completed yet (Lingering from Version 0.1.3)

--Change edit, delete and preview buttons to complete css

--Add ability to upload original Install Text and SQL - Would make it easier than tracking it down for your exact install.

--Possibly add the ability on the add / edit page to select from a list of all OsCommerce files which ones were changed during install and / or modification.

--Probably more, but forgot what they were as I was writing the code and didn't take notes on.

########################################################################################################################

Version 0.1.4 MS2 update by admin@@MaxiDVD.com.au

CHANGELOG

- changed file admin/installed_contributions.php

to support new array_merge function for MS2

Fixed small bug in "Select Target Release - Drop Down Menu" to update and recall changes

- changed image add_to_database.sql

version 1.3 to 1.4 && MS1 to MS2

- changed image admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/ic_up.gif

- changed image admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/ic_down.gif

to image admin/images/icon_down.gif

to image admin/images/icon_up.gif

########################################################################################################################

Version 0.1.3 by [email protected]

CHANGELOG

fixed the search results page from this contribution

- changed file admin/includes/languages/english/installed_contributions.php

TODO:

- change status to BUTTONS at EDIT

- write HELP INFO on all pages, link is there but the info is not completed yet

- make the categories with edit function

- make a direct link on INSERT page to change the used URLs

- go get some beer to get through the night :)

Version 0.1.2 by [email protected]

CHANGELOG

- changed file admin/includes/language/english/installed_contributions.php

- fixed links at page number results

- added 'Select Category' for display per category

- added with INSERT/UPDATE option: SELECT or add new 'Category'

- added with INSERT/UPDATE option: SELECT or add new 'Release Target'

- improved the links

- fixed the link from the RESET button at INSERT/UPDATE page

- added a sub title to HEADER_TITLE

& more...

Version 0.1.1 by [email protected]

CHANGELOG

- improved code logic on query

- improved the links

- changed installation notes (with my name on top again)

Version 0.1 by [email protected]

CHANGELOG

- BENJAMIN MOKEY made changes to installation notes (thank you for that) & DELETED my info from this page too :(

- same person uploaded MY contribution under a new category, this is SOOO WRONG !!! (he should have added the file to the package and not deleted my info, read the rules for that !!)

Version 0.1 by [email protected]

CHANGELOG

- 4 full days of hard coding & testing and this 'got to have it' contribution has become a real working thing ;)

Oscommerce 2.4 was released today. I downloaded the upgrade since I am on an almost virgin install. Come to find out for some reason the upgrade did not work properly. So I deleted the whole site out including database, installed 2.4 full and then followed the install docs for contributions manager and all works with no issues. For some reason 2.4 upgraded did not work properly not did the links to the contribution work either.

This contribution now works on 2.3.3.4 and 2.4.

Thanks,

Shawn Mulligan

Are you sure 2.4 ? not 2.3.4 ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Yeah you are right. I am sorry. The 2.3.4 upgrade did not work, so I did a 2.3.4 full package and it does work with that if you follow the manual directions. I am getting ready to upload the 2.3.4 drag and drop files. Should be sometime today.

Thanks for the correction.

Shawn

Okay the package has been uploaded to support both 2.3.3.4 and 2.3.4 for drag n drop files on new installs.  The manual install does not change as it works for both versions of OsCOmmerce.

Thanks,

Shawn Mulligan