• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2334BS - Enhanced Contact Us

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not a Robot!!!!!!!  In a way I'm disappointed. 

I had to perform the test.  It was a bit tricky and took some serious thought.  In the end, I passed.

:thumbsup:

Tested. It gave me a bunch of images of food. Now I'm hungry again....

What I would like to know is how many customers this chases away. I haven't yet come up with any way of counting the rejects without getting the spammers along with the real humans.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Tested on Android. Works.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Tested. It gave me a bunch of images of food. Now I'm hungry again....

What I would like to know is how many customers this chases away. I haven't yet come up with any way of counting the rejects without getting the spammers along with the real humans.

Regards

Jim

@@kymation

Hey I didn't realize you weren't human.  :D   I wonder how that got past our member of the month committee.

Dan

@@burt works fine for me with FF on win 10 - and this time displayed the additional image selections for me...... must not be so normal today... :wacko:

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

OK, cool, thanks Chaps.  I have also now added three more parameters;

var $_theme = 'light';   // dark or light
  var $_type = 'image';   // audio or image
  var $_size = 'normal';  // compact or normal
These 3 parameters are what Google allow the user to customise. It's not ideal, but I suppose that once people get used to the look, they will see it on many many sites in the future.

Out of curiosity, how many of you have a problem with bots posting to Contact us?  I can't remember the last time I had one.  I have Mod Security on the server with a pretty good ruleset to block bad bots in general and that probably has a pretty good impact.

I'm not really a dog.

Archived