• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Switched servers uploaded site & can't log into admin -

themuir

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping I can pick your brains please? I have downloaded my site, uploaded it to new hosting. Installed the backed up sql file etc.

The website itself works fine.

When I try to log into the admin I get the log in option appear. After inputting my details I get:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at root@@localhost to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.4.9 (Unix) Server at www.cheapandcheerfulclothing.co.uk Port 80

Further to this the website then goes blank, nothing is displayed. If I leave the site and come back it appears again.

I have backed up websites and uploaded them previously with no issues at all so I am not sure what is causing this.

I have tried everything so now I am here :-)

"More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

Look in the servers error_log and you may be able to get the exact problem. If you don't know how to access them, ask the host.

Sounds like you have .htaccess or .htpasswd problems but that's just a guess.

Thanks Burt. Do you know how I could remove the passwords to test this? Our server will take 24 hours to respond.

The thing is I have used this method twice for 2 others sites and they have been fine..

Rename .htpasswd_oscommerce <--- to ---> .htpasswd_oscommerce_old

check your normal admin/ .htaccess that it is a standard

Have another look at your admin/includes/configure.php (that you got it right)

Check that you admin/index.php admin/includes/header.php ... template_top.php are the correct files and you have not got mixed up with the front end files

if you can not find error reporting files on your server you an try adding this to admin/ log_php / index.php etc to try and debug

If you are getting a blank page then there could be an error that is not showing. OPen up the file that is causeing you a problem and add this code just before the application_top.php include

ini_set('display_errors',1);
				 error_reporting(E_ALL);

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived