• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Lightbox effect install problem?

Big River

Hi all!

I downloaded this Lightbox Add-on but i cant figure it out how i install it and get it to work.

The install guide in the Add-On is:

1_ Upload attachments files to our store.

2_ Insert the following code in the file includes/templates_top.php

<script src="js/jquery-1.7.2.min.js"></script>

<script src="js/lightbox.js"></script>

<link href="css/lightbox.css" rel="stylesheet" />

3_ Add a rel="lightbox" attribute to any link tag to activate Lightbox.

Eg:

$pi_entry .= '"target="_blank" rel="lightbox">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $pi['image'], '', KISSIT_MAIN_PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH, KISSIT_MAIN_PRODUCT_IMAGE_HEIGHT ) . '</a>';

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], '', 'NONSSL', false) . '" target="_blank" rel="lightbox">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), KISSIT_MAIN_PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH, KISSIT_MAIN_PRODUCT_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"' ) . '</a>'; ?>

In the package there is "CSS" folder, "JS" folder and "images" folder

- Do i simply upload these "CSS" and "JS" folder to my store but i cant get it where do i upload them, to Catalog?

- Can i simply ad that code in anywhere in template.php code?

- That third part i dont get it at all. What does that mean "Add a rel" and that code where do i have to put that

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8706/v,23

This must be very simple to do. If someone helps me out here i would be very grateful!

looks to me like a misleading description on the addon/download page !!

"Lightbox Effect on Product info for oscommerce 2.3.3"

if you are using a 2.3. version of oscommerce as part of the standard install you will have a fancy box pop up effect which is more or less the same as the lightbox effect so there is no need to repeat.

The code you posted above refers also to an additional addon probably a thumbnailer which should not be there in the first place(at least as part of a light box addon) .

so maybe try to explain exactly what you are trying to do as regards the image effect on product_info.php

Regards

Joli

Edited by joli1811
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

looks to me like a misleading description on the addon/download page !!

"Lightbox Effect on Product info for oscommerce 2.3.3"

if you are using a 2.3. version of oscommerce as part of the standard install you will have a fancy box pop up effect which is more or less the same as the lightbox effect so there is no need to repeat.

The code you posted above refers also to an additional addon probably a thumbnailer which should not be there in the first place(at least as part of a light box addon) .

so maybe try to explain exactly what you are trying to do as regards the image effect on product_info.php

Regards

Joli

Thank you for your answer!

I want the image pop-up image to be large size not the same size as the little picture. I also wanted to add in some products more pictures than just one.

Theres also a problem in adding multiple images for product. The first picture is ok but when i click "Add large image" nothing happens. The image dont show up. The Samsung phone example with multiple images works but i can get my own pics to work at all. So the thing what i need is

1. First product image is small size, when user clicks the picture it comes big size the actual size of the pic

2. Also the multiple image problem. How can i add multiple images?

Sorry for my bad english! :)

@@burt

English fine :thumbsup: make sure you revert any changes you have made should work out of the box

Burt done a nice post

http://www.clubosc.com/oscommerce-2-3-core-multiple-images.html

Maybe you have your admin/includes/configure.php slightly wrong check the link above and see if you are doing correctly

Hello again!

Yes i know that site but it doesn't help me. I dont have that "trash" and "image relation" option at all.

Also i have noticed that my admin panel is strange becouse all the links in the left are one below another

They should be drop down links?

Should i re-install the whole shop once again or is there any option to fix my admin site and the image problem.

This is very annoying problem for me becouse i basically can't do anything before this problem is solved!

Edited by Big River

Sounds to me you have an old version of oscommerce installed so it would be better to check which version you are using this should be 2.3.3.4

If it is a 2.3 version you can do a version check in admin

If it is a older model you can check in includes/application_top.php // define the project version near the top of the file.

No point in building a shop with an older version with the newer versions you will have no image problems as the options you need are already installed

Regards

Joli

Sounds to me you have an old version of oscommerce installed so it would be better to check which version you are using this should be 2.3.3.4

If it is a older model you can check in includes/application_top.php // define the project version near the top of the file.

No point in building a shop with an older version with the newer versions you will have no image problems as the options you need are already installed

Regards

Joli

I have v2.3.3.3. So you recommend i install v2.3.3.4

Regards

Joli

I just installed the new version of osCommerce but it has the same problem. Admin panel is same and i cant add multiple images..

Well you are on the 2.3 version so you mentioned your admin was looking different with no dropdown effect on the boxes maybe a jquery problem or may be a configure problem.

To check first of all if a jquery problem view in admin the page source and click on the links at the top example links below

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.xxxxxxx.com/demo10/ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.8.22.css">

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.xxxxxxx.com/demo10/ext/jquery/jquery-1.8.0.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.xxxxxxx.com/demo10/ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.22.min.js"></script>

the links should open up the full jquery code but see if you get an error message ??

Regards

Joli

Well you are on the 2.3 version so you mentioned your admin was looking different with no dropdown effect on the boxes maybe a jquery problem or may be a configure problem.

To check first of all if a jquery problem view in admin the page source and click on the links at the top example links below

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.xxxxxxx.com/demo10/ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.8.22.css">

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.xxxxxxx.com/demo10/ext/jquery/jquery-1.8.0.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.xxxxxxx.com/demo10/ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.22.min.js"></script>

the links should open up the full jquery code but see if you get an error message ??

Regards

Joli

I dont get any error message from them. I "solved" the multiple image problem copying the working "Samsung" example and adding there my own pics. Its working now. Heres a picture of my admin panels4qo2o.jpg