• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove Paypal Express Checkout bottom!

dinmc

Hi,

I'm using OSC v2.3.3.4 and the included Paypal Express Checkout payment module.

I would like to remove the Paypal Express Checkout bottom presented on the shoppingcart page, because this corrupts/passes my different shipping choices.

How to do this the best way?

I did not find any settings in the module that handles the issue.

Please help!

Rgs,

Lars

Hi Lars..

Could you explain how the shipping choices are corrupted? Have you tried the Instant Update feature?

Kind regards,

Corrupted may not be the correct work to use! Problem will be that the Paypal Express Checkout bottom presented on the shoppingcart page passes the different shipping options I setup for my shop.

That's the reason why I don't want the Paypal Express Checkout bottom presented on the shoppingcart page, but not that easy for me to found out how to remove the bottom. Not sure what you mean by "Instant Update Feature"?

Rgs,

Lars

Edited by dinmc

Instant Update can be enabled in the Admin -> Modules -> Payment Modules -> PayPal Express Checkout configuration parameters page. Enable it and PayPal will request a list of available shipping rates from your store when the customer logs into PayPal during the checkout flow.

Feel free to try this out on the demo site at:

http://demo.oscommerce.com

(the top PayPal Express Checkout button on the shopping cart page is the global PayPal solution with Instant Update enabled)

Edited by Harald Ponce de Leon

:heart:, osCommerce

Instant Update can be enabled in the Admin -> Modules -> Payment Modules -> PayPal Express Checkout configuration parameters page. Enable it and PayPal will request a list of available shipping rates from your store when the customer logs into PayPal during the checkout flow.

Feel free to try this out on the demo site at:

http://demo.oscommerce.com

(the top PayPal Express Checkout button on the shopping cart page is the global PayPal solution with Instant Update enabled)

I don't have a "Instant Update" settings available under Admin -> Modules -> Payment Modules -> PayPal Express Checkout configuration parameters page. I'm using the Paypal Express Checkout payment module that's part of the osc 2.3.3.4. Will an update for the Paypal Express Checkout module be available?

Rgs,

Lars

I'm using OSC v2.3.3.4 and the included Paypal Express Checkout payment module.

How to do this the best way?

I had a similar problem. For example I do not ship to many countries so do not have shipping modules set up for them. So if a customer hits the Paypal Button on the Shipping_cart.php page they are able to enter any address, and no shipping charges are added to their order.

They are also able to complete the order with only paying for the item. They are charged nothing for the shipping.

So I'm not saying this is the best way...

Open /catalog/shopping_cart.php

Find Around line 145:

<?php
  reset($initialize_checkout_methods);
  while (list(, $value) = each($initialize_checkout_methods)) {
?>
 <p align="right"><?php echo $value; ?></p>
<?php
  }

Change to

<?php
  //reset($initialize_checkout_methods);
  //while (list(, $value) = each($initialize_checkout_methods)) {
?>
 <p align="right"><?php //echo $value; ?></p>
<?php
  //}

Of course you can delete things if you are confident, have backups, or are sure you never want it. Etc. However I only supply the commented out version ;)

Disclaimer: There's probably a better way to do this, YMMV

I had a similar problem. For example I do not ship to many countries so do not have shipping modules set up for them. So if a customer hits the Paypal Button on the Shipping_cart.php page they are able to enter any address, and no shipping charges are added to their order.

They are also able to complete the order with only paying for the item. They are charged nothing for the shipping.

So I'm not saying this is the best way...

Open /catalog/shopping_cart.php

Find Around line 145:

<?php
     reset($initialize_checkout_methods);
     while (list(, $value) = each($initialize_checkout_methods)) {
?>
 <p align="right"><?php echo $value; ?></p>
<?php
     }

Change to

<?php
     //reset($initialize_checkout_methods);
     //while (list(, $value) = each($initialize_checkout_methods)) {
?>
 <p align="right"><?php //echo $value; ?></p>
<?php
     //}

Of course you can delete things if you are confident, have backups, or are sure you never want it. Etc. However I only supply the commented out version ;)

Disclaimer: There's probably a better way to do this, YMMV

Great! Thanks for your help.

Rgs,

Lars

v2.3.4 will fix this as it now blocks orders when no shipping rates are available and redirects the customer to the checkout shipping address page to have them select or enter another address.

This is also supported in the Express Checkout Instant Update feature where the customer must select or enter another address during the EC flow (from their PayPal account).

If Instant Update is disabled, the customer is redirected to the checkout shipping address page when they return back to the store.

:heart:, osCommerce

I am having so much trouble with the Paypal Express Checkout module. I have set international shipping values in both Paypal Shipping Calculations and in the Shipping Module that came with oscommerce, but my international buyers are never presented with an option to enter their address and they are not charged any shipping! I offer free domestic US shipping, but I need to collect international shipping charges and have quite a few international buyers, so this is a big issue for my shop.

I currently have oscommerce 2.3.3 right now and from reading the posts above, it seems that this issue was resolved for some people with v2.3.3.4. In hopes of addressing this problem, I have downloaded the upgrade files (I am running mac osx 10.9.2), but I am not sure how to install this upgrade with my current version. There is a catalog folder containing admin and includes folders, but it's been so long since I originally installed oscommerce, I am unsure how to go about uploading these files to the right spot so that they upgrade my version without messing up my current content...help!

Hello There,

Thanks so much for the reply. No I had not considered the zone shipping module...I am not familiar with how it works, but I am all ears. I need to get this resolved before I get more international orders. Can you tell me where in the directory I would upload the 2.3.3.4 files to upgrade my oscommerce? I should have the latest oscommerce version to get the latest module updates, yes?

September ;-)

• 6 years later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread, I would like to remove this button (Paypal Checkout) from Phoenix 1.0.7.9 , but only this page, where it says https://www.somewebsite.com/shopping_cart.php

[>Check Out]

- OR -

(Paypal Checkout)

But only this page.

Also if somebody could tell me how this page is constructed I will learn's me alot.

Thanking you.

Mark