• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Menu,Categories / Products not showing in French version

reflex77

Hello all, i just added a french version to my oscommerce 2.3.3 website which was already in english. Now i am facing a serious issue with Menu,Categories / Products not showing in French version both in the admin panel and frontend of the website. Any help from someone here will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

hi reflex

what do you mean exactly with not showing? is the page not loading or do you see the folders in the admin area but no title/text?

which french language pack did you install? did you install it correctly? any other issues besides categories and products?

Hi Tsimi,

when i log in the admin panel with french i can not see all categories and products created when i was just using the english version. When i switch to the english admin panel and try to update the categories and products by adding french text on them i can not save the french text so i still be with only the english version. Same thing for the menu.

Finally i managed to resolve this issue. This is how i did it if ever someone else faces the same issue.

1) i created the french categories directly in the data base (categories_description table) by adding a new row with the french language id. it resulted in 2 rows per category.

2) I did the same with the products_description table by adding a row representing the french description per item

3) Always through the french admin panel, i created a new menu and then switched in the english one to delete the older menu.

May be that is not the best way but it is working so i wanted to share this experience with you. Thanks

Archived