• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2334bs3 - Store Logo

Been following the other thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/396152-bootstrap-3-in-2334-responsive-from-the-get-go/

And it was suggested to start a new thread for questions or problems ...

As I had posted in that thead, when I am displaying a product, as I make the browser window smaller from full screen, just as the left column (with my Categories box) drops down below the product listing, the part name/title jumps up to the right of the logo, just below the search bar. As I continue to make the browser window smaller, it stays there until the search bar drops below the logo. At this point, the part name/title drops back down below the breadcrumbs (where it belongs).

I have been able to isolate the problem ...

If the Store Logo is too large (164 px tall, in my case) instead of the expected 50 px tall, this happens. I can reproduce this in a clean install with just osC-BS (no other add-ins) and with the stock data-set.

Pre-bootstrap, one could adjust for the Logo size in the .css file. Where do I need to make the adjustment now?

Thanks!

Malcolm

looking good here in FF28, full size, mini size and while resizing,

what browser do you use ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

* Update *

When I first created my test website, I had downloaded a copy of 2334bs3 from GitHub. Within the ZIP file, the folder with all of the files had a date of 3/29/14. As you have already noted, this version does not have the problem I am experiencing now.

Once Burt said that he was essentially finished, I downloaded the latest version, which has/had a folder with a file date of 4/7/14. It is this version that I am testing now, and am having problems with.

To demonstrate,

1) I have deleted the existing website from my host, uploaded the 4/7/14 date version of 2334bs3, and have done a clean install.

2) In |admin|modules|boxes, I have installed:

Breadcrumbs

Categories

Contact Us

Information

Logo

Search

3) In |admin|modules|Header Tags, I have installed:

Canonical Header Links

Category Title

Datepicker jQuery

Grid List Java Script

No Script Message

Open Search

Colorbox Script

Product Title

4) I have uploaded a logo with a height of 164 pixels.

-- I have made no other changes to this install --

(Using the Samsung Galaxy Tab as an example)

In Firefox 27, as I shrink the screen, first both the name "Samsung Galaxy Tab" and the part number "[GT-P1000]" moves up to the breadcrumb, next to the logo.

As I continue to shrink the screen, the part number drops below the breadcrumb, but the name remains above the breadcrumb.

In IE-8, both the name and part number move above the breadcrumb, until the screen is gets so small that the search bar drops below the logo. At this time, the name and part number drop below the breadcrumb.

I have reproduced this on my machine here (WAMP on WinXP) and on my host's server:

http://www.shelbowhispertips.com/catalog/

I do apologize for any confusion by having my sample site use an older version of 2334bs3.

Malcolm

In includes/template_top.php

find this line:

<?php if ($oscTemplate->hasBlocks('boxes_header')) echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('boxes_header'); ?>

and under it add:

<div class="clearfix"></div>

*** Update ***

(Ok, I should have tested this better before posting ... sorry)

Same configuration as before, just using the 4/15/14 release of 2334bs3.

With Firefox 27, as I reduce the screen size, the logo shrings in both height and width, as needed.

In IE-8, the logo only shrinks in width, not in height, resulting in a distorted logo image.

Can anyone please test this with other browsers and/or devices? Thanks!

http://www.shelbowhispertips.com/catalog/

Malcolm

• 9 months later...

I noticed just now that the store logo has been made responsive in 2.3.4BS by re-sizing itself to fit the screen size.  Then I found someone brought this idea of re-sizable logo into another level: http://responsivelogos.co.uk/

Just thought some of you may find it interesting.

Regards, Eddy

Archived