• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS Shipping Add On

CiscoCo

@@Jack_mcs Doesn't UPS Choice still use the deprecated HTML API? I expect that UPS has forgotten that that service is still running. It's going to be entertaining the day they shut it off.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Yes, it hasn't been updated though it works well. I'm not aware of an announcement by UPS with plans to no longer support it but I may have missed it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

UPS did state at one time that that API was deprecated, but I can't find any mention of that on their site. In fact, I can't find any mention of that API at all. Like I said, they may have forgotten it exists. Or they just gave up on trying to get people off it.

I would be a bit concerned that the API my store depends on might just disappear someday without warning.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

That's always a possibility. USPS is an obvious example but paypal has also made a change that broke some paypal modules. If UPS said they were going to make the change by a certain date, then I might advise differently. But since there isn't a planned time, if at all, UPS Choice seems the better option to me, unless dimensional support is needed. Though, to be honest, I haven't looked at the UPS XML module by Fimble. The previous version was a complete mess.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Jim,

Thanks for your expertise. I have been working on my website and from reading the various bits of help you have assisted with, it's made it much easier.

I'm currently running OSCommerce v2.3.3

I was trying to get my UPS module to work and somehow I ended up deleting the ups.php file and the only one I found mentioned in the forums was the UPS choice (as you mentioned above, it is antiquated) and from what I found, it does not offer all the rates and options for pricing based on my UPS log-in information and discounts etc.

Everything works, but the shipping rates are a little high but I would like the ability to edit and adjust the various options that I had before. With the UPS choice that I currently have installed, it gives me the following error when I cllick the Edit button to adjust the settings:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_select_multioption() in /home/**EditedForSafety**/public_html/secure/modules.php(232) : eval()'d code on line 1

Looking at the parameters on this module, it does not show all the other options I previously had..for example: origin city, zip code, UPS acct #, package type, UPS rates access key, UPS rates password...etc. Would you know how I can retrieve/download a newer copy of this module/file?

I already installed this contribution:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8764

Is that the perfect one to use?

Or should I use this one instead:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7848

Thanks again for your awesome help and assistance to us novices :)