• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Hello Experts,

I need feedback about my two sites. I have it developed by external company... we are working on marketing site and promoting products. However not sure, it is not very effective. I have tried all aspects without any good success.. I am interested to know more about following topic, the sites are www.ez-healthsolutions.com and www.naturallysource.com

1. Site design level comment

2. User navigation level comment

3. Product navigation and information

4. Site functionality and response time

5. SEO

Any other suggestions highly appropriated..

Thanks in advance...

Pet

I would say they are both good starts, but have a few things left to finish.

I notice links in the footers of both sites that are not active, more so on ez-health - only one I saw on naturallysource, that was to sitemap.

The urls are all out of wack on both sites. For example, the products that display on the homepage look to be hardcoded with the products dynamic url, but when you go to that page, then the SEO url kicks in. And are the category menus hand coded? They do the same thing, for example you have on one site, /index.php?cPath=31_82 in the main category menu, but visit it and it switches to tv-show-recommended-c-31_73.html

So your sending a headers redirect response everytime those links are used/indexed. Not good, that should be your priority to fix.

I also dont care that the naturallysource homepage displays the main menu's etc; on the right, but then when you go to any other page the same content is on the right, its a bit confusing.

On ez-healthsolutions when I go to the cart page, the buttons for continue shopping and checkout, dont appear to actually be buttons, but links made to look like buttons - if I click the area outside the actual text, that looks like a button, nothing happens. From there I go to the account sign in or register page, and have the option to continue as guest, that great except it takes me to paypal, as a guest I may not want to use paypal, if I did, I should have been given that option on the shopping cart page, as it is set up on naturallysource.

The images used in some of the banners, especially on naturallysource have been optimized to much. I know page load time is important, and scaling down images is one of the best ways to get improvement, but there comes a point where you sacrifice quality too much. Take the originals that have not been reduced in quality and run them through a service such as YSlow.

Also on images, with your type of product there is really no need for the image rollover as seen on the product info pages. Its just more overhead and some of the images that show on rollover are smaller than the initial display. Those type of scripts are great if your selling something where detail is impotant to see, like on decorative items or clothing. But for standard bottles and labels really no need.

Overall both sites have a professional appearance, just need some loose ends wrapped up.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

I had a quick glance and was confused by the categories on the left on the home page.

I selected diabetes support and ended up with one product that is listed under a totally different category. Also the sell price is the same as the regular price it seems rather strange

I think your home page would be much clearer if you listed the subcategories under each main category.

To me some of the labels are rather trivial like Health, isn't it all supposed to be healthy ?

btw, searching on 'diabetes' didn't give any results while you do have the category.

Also lactose and lactase no results (just a few of my personal needs ...)

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for suggestion. We have updated SEO friendly URL and working on re-organizing categories and product to list under correct categories. We are also working on fixing footer links to reflects correct information. I highly appreciate any other suggestion for site. We are targeting following steps..

1. SEO friendly URL and Category List to avoid redirection

2. Shopping cart check-out option as guest and cancel option to go-back to shopping cart

3. Image improvement to balance quality vs loading time

4. Rollover display large images

5. Category realign with products and product category

6. Search functionality validation

Once again thanks for initial review and open for other suggestion as you notice.

Walker, We are using Ultimate SEO Url 5. We were able to change some URL to SEO friendly URL, However not able to change Subcategory URL from main category to reflects SEO Url per module. We have checked, it is not hardcoded.. Do you know, how to solve it?

Mainly, Click on any subcategory and then from menu take over mouse to any other subcategory from other subcategory page. It will show multiple sub category pages.. EX.

Subcategory page - http://www.naturallysource.com/vitamins-supplements-c-33_55.html

From Subcategory page to other subcategory under same category -

http://www.naturallysource.com/multivitamins-supplements-c-33_55_33_56.html

http://www.naturallysource.com/co-q10-supplements-c-33_55_56_33_62.html

It could be the way the menu your using is not coded up following the FILENAME convention. Perhaps it is using 'index.php' - In order for the SEO URLS to generate properly, the links have to use the FILENAME_XXX .

Check that out inside both your top and side menu

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

• 2 weeks later...

Hy , nice to meet you, I'm informing you that in your http://www.naturallysource.com when i click

(I'm using firefox browser) on quick shop (over the product images) green quad button, appers this message:

The requested URL /naturallysource.com/' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . ' was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

bye MArc

Thanks for suggestion. We have updated SEO friendly URL and working on re-organizing categories and product to list under correct categories. We are also working on fixing footer links to reflects correct information. I highly appreciate any other suggestion for site. We are targeting following steps..

1. SEO friendly URL and Category List to avoid redirection

2. Shopping cart check-out option as guest and cancel option to go-back to shopping cart

3. Image improvement to balance quality vs loading time

4. Rollover display large images

5. Category realign with products and product category

6. Search functionality validation

Once again thanks for initial review and open for other suggestion as you notice.

Bettercheckout

• 2 months later...

Your site is really nice. But I want to point out few design mistakes.

1. Logo is required to move few pixels down. As this is hiding behind the white stripe you have used on the top.

2. Fix the navigation. The design is not good according to usability.

Adeel Ather

eCommerce Website Designer

Archived