• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Review Nickname?

Hey, I have seen various review posts but none which I am looking for...

I run an adult toy store so most people want to remain anonymous when leaving a review.

I would ideally like an extra input field when a user registers that asks for a "nickname" which would then be saved in the database and be used for product reviews.

Or otherwise a text box on the review page where they can enter a custom username.

I hope this makes sense and really hope someone can help me out here, I am useless when it comes to coding php :-(

Thanks in advance! :)

I use a system where it does not list the full name - it can be tailored to your needs

eg: "Reviewer: John S - London" or left as "Reviewer: John F"

the contribution is here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8933/v,23 but there is also a discussion in the forum somewhere on how to change it if needed.

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.