• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

version 2.2-MS2 w/paypal checkout. orders suddenly not subtracting quantity

phantompoet

hi,

we have paypal website payments standard on our website and all the orders that came in after midnight last night are not subtracting stock quantities.

we have CHECK STOCK LEVEL and SUBTRACT STOCK both set to true, so i think this might be something on paypal's end.

but does anyone know a workaround for this in the meanwhile. right now we are stuck watching our stock quantities like a hawk.

thanks,

-mike

our website girl has been testing this for us, and she says that paypal's auto-return isnt redirecting back to our site after payment, so our website doesnt technically log the sale, although the status does change from PREPARING to PENDING.

this problem JUST started with orders that came in after midnight last night, and we are afraid we will have to turn our checkout off overnight to avoid overselling items.

can anyone else think what may be causing this? is if POSSIBLE that it is something on OSC end or even our website host? we're at a complete loss for ideas here

@@phantompoet

I would check with your hosting provider, quite honestly I am surprised they are still allowing you to run a PHP 4.x site on their servers. I wouldn't be surprised if they were updating.

Chris

@@phantompoet

The same thing happened to our shop (running PHP 5, BTW): Paypal not returning to our checkout page after the customer has finished payment. No idea why, but it's not just you.

(At least, the notification mails from Papyal are still arriving as they should.)

Same here with an osc 2.2 store running php5.2, sql5. Paypal seems to not redirecting customers back to the store, therefore no order confirmation mails are sent. Any ideas what's the problem?

As phantompoet wrote,

paypal's auto-return isnt redirecting back to our site after payment

- I checked our log files and there has been no attempt from Paypal to call back.

It seems likely that the problem is on Paypal's site.

(Another thread: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Business/Possible-Bug-Report-Payment-complete-returning-to-merchant-s-web/m-p/781720 )

the person who does our website discovered that for some reason it was trying to default to paypal website payments PRO, yet we have PPWSP STANDARD in our checkout.

when she changed it to point correctly, it fixed.

before she fixed this, we would often see the quantities not subtract on a DIRECT credit card payment (paypal guest) thru paypal, but they would subtract when customers signed into a paypal account and paid.

however this morning we just got another one (it was a PP signin payment) and im holding my breath that things didnt just undo themselves..

Archived