• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Admin and Customer Flow

SparkyNZ

Hi. I am considering using oscommerce for my partner's business but I require a few changes in the typical flow. I am a software developer and have some experience with MySQL, PHP, Java etc but what I'm really looking for is some guidance with so I can determine if oscommerece is suitable for our needs or whether I should use a different ecommerce product instead.

What we want to do is add a couple of order status values such as "Awaiting approval" and "Approved, ready for processing". So when a customer chooses some goods and submits an order, the order status would go to "Awaiting approval" until such time that somebody approves the order (which will be done when a prescription is received and checked). We would like the ability from an admin logon to tag/mark who has approved the prescription (we will have several admin users).

Can somebody please tell me at a high (or low) level which areas of functionality or code I should be looking into. Is it possible for me to create some code that will hook into a particular area that will do this? Right now I'm looking for a starting point as I'm very new to oscommerce.

Each order when completed appears in your admin with a default order status according to the payment method used, you set that default in admin.. You can create unlimited order statuses and call them what you will, so you could have for example "Approved by Jim" and "Approved by Fred" or "Rejected by "Alan". It is up to you. The order has a dropdown box in admin were you can change it to your next desired status. The time and date of the change is recorded in an on screen table in the order for historiy reference. Example workflow: 1, Awaiting approval 2, approved by XXX, 3, Awaiting dispatch, Shipped. Any comments you put in the comments fields appear in the table as well.This is all standard in OSC, no add on required.

Here is an example how I use it.

post-244858-0-22327500-1393051561_thumb.png

Edited by mhsuffolk

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.