burt

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

@@bruyndoncx one more favour, Carine - I have now put the variation into http://bromleybr.co.uk/bsgit/ where the data will show gaps if there are any... please have a look there, and thanks!

doesnt look like the fix is installed, got everything in portrait mode in 1 column.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

doesnt look like the fix is installed, got everything in portrait mode in 1 column.

*sigh* the style files are the same on each directory (just downloaded and compared them) - is there any way to do a hard refresh/full reload on a Galaxy Tab S2?

For a new install or if your store isn't mobile-friendly, get the community-supported responsive osCommerce (Phoenix).

here: on the official osc download page

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

*sigh* the style files are the same on each directory (just downloaded and compared them) - is there any way to do a hard refresh/full reload on a Galaxy Tab S2?

@@bruyndoncx never mind, I put a product into http://bromleybr.co.uk/bsdev/index.php that will test the grid layout, would you mind going back to that one?

For a new install or if your store isn't mobile-friendly, get the community-supported responsive osCommerce (Phoenix).

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

@@bruyndoncx never mind, I put a product into http://bromleybr.co.uk/bsdev/index.php that will test the grid layout, would you mind going back to that one?

it looks good, but i am not sure if the test case is good enough, should add another shorter product i think

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

how's this? It looks like the attached without the equal heights styling

post-220375-0-62714300-1489786470_thumb.jpg

mine looks better, got everything lined up

as positions

1 2 3 4

5 6

yours being

1 2 3 4

7 8

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Hooray!

@@BrockleyJohn

post-69-0-32517700-1490037430_thumb.jpg

That's chrome, it does the same in IE

I haven't checked in anything else.

Edited by burt

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

@@BrockleyJohn

attachicon.gifchrome.jpg

That's chrome, it does the same in IE

I haven't checked in anything else.

how the heck did you get unequal widths??? mine don't do that *sigh* What versions and platform? Back to the emulators....

Win10 Chrome

Win10 IE

haven't checked any others.

I see the same thing in Chromium on Linux, but not in Firefox or its clones. Weird.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

@@frankl could you slowly resize your window to 6ish inches wide and see what happens?

In my windows the boxes jump about all over the place :(

Edited by burt

@@frankl could you slowly resize your window to 6ish inches wide and see what happens?

In my windows the boxes jump about all over the place :(

This:

post-3583-0-81938400-1490042204_thumb.png

No changes until breakpoint apart from the boxes becoming narrower.

Edited by frankl

Let's make things easier for new osCommerce users http://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/402638-discussion-about-hard-coded-database-tables/?p=1718900  Getting there with osCommerce 2.4! :thumbsup:

Regarding equal height: Maybe I'm a little bit naive, but shouldn't have the space for images and products names have some predefined heights? You might have pictures of different height an also long product names which need a second line, well I couldn't help myself without doing the ultimate evil - changing core files - ad wrapped around a css class for  both of them.

I wanted for grid view: Equal height space for images, orientated to the bottom in that space, and centred within product holder.

Equal height for product names and centred along with the images..

For the images in product_listing.php wrapped them in:

<div class="center-block">

for which I ended up in my user.css with:

.grid-group-item .center-block {
  display: flex;
  height:310px;
  justify-content: center;
  align-items:flex-end;

}

where height could be some value maybe  defined per configuration of  SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT?

For the products name I added a class to h2 there like:

<h2 class="mumpel group inner list-group-item-heading">

which refers in my user.css to:

.grid-group-item .mumpel  {text-align:center;
display:block;height:45px;
}

Well it works at least with edge chrome and FF, I have no apples lying around here. But i confess I don't even know if I'm within the concept of responsive with that, so please kindly forgive me if that was worthless reading.

Best regards

Christoph

oh poo - chrome 56 on Win7 - under 768px widths go to min like that instead of 100%

at least  I can try and work out why now

@@BrockleyJohn - might you be going down a rabbit-hole here?

Is the issue important enough to worry about, taking into account that the whole of Bootstrap will soon be changing to a flex based layout ?  At that point, Safari users will have to put up with broken sites here there and everywhere.

I am 100% happy with what we have (the flex css), it is so compact yet solves every problem thrown at it by browsers that are up to spec.

@@BrockleyJohn - might you be going down a rabbit-hole here?

Is the issue important enough to worry about, taking into account that the whole of Bootstrap will soon be changing to a flex based layout ?  At that point, Safari users will have to put up with broken sites here there and everywhere.

I am 100% happy with what we have (the flex css), it is so compact yet solves every problem thrown at it by browsers that are up to spec.

@@burt you may well be right. I think some of my testing has been against cached styles despite attempting to reload them. I have identified the missing rule and changed the site path to avoid any further caching issues so there's a testable copy here now

http://bromleybr.co.uk/bsnit/

However, you might think the styles are getting bloated...

Thank you to @@BrockleyJohn for his "dealing with apple" code (and testing of it).

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commit/ac001b9550db1326a353173df0453719c023a7e0

Hello,

Can anyone confirm this, please?

I'm using "Free Shipping For Orders Over" from ot_shiping in order totals modules for amount over 50 € offer free shipping.

In checkout_shipping.php I choose the shipping method and go to checkout_payment.php, if I go back the "$order-info['total]" to check if free shipping is ok, get the amount of $order-info['shipping_cost'] and offers free shipping.

adding this

if ($order->info['shipping_cost'] > 0) {
      $order->info['total'] = $order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost'];
    }

before this

if ( ($pass == true) && ($order->info['total'] >= MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER) ) {
      $free_shipping = true;

works correctly for me.

But I would like to know if it happens to someone else.

Of course I tried a clean installation

Thanks in advance :)

Hello,

Can anyone confirm this, please?

I'm using "Free Shipping For Orders Over" from ot_shiping in order totals modules for amount over 50 € offer free shipping.

In checkout_shipping.php I choose the shipping method and go to checkout_payment.php, if I go back the "$order-info['total]" to check if free shipping is ok, get the amount of $order-info['shipping_cost'] and offers free shipping.

adding this

if ($order->info['shipping_cost'] > 0) {
      $order->info['total'] = $order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost'];
    }

before this

if ( ($pass == true) && ($order->info['total'] >= MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER) ) {
      $free_shipping = true;

works correctly for me.

But I would like to know if it happens to someone else.

Of course I tried a clean installation

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Gustavo,

I can see you could be fixing a free shipping case there, but without checking further in the code I can't see if you're breaking the case where shipping is charged.

You don't explain what issue you hit, but I infer from your code that the cost of shipping was included in the order total when calculating whether free shipping should be given. Is that what happened? That issue has a familiar sound to it, but I can't place it.

If it's an old issue, you'd think a store-owner would have picked up on it by now. Perhaps it's there in 234BS because it's carry-over code from the official non-responsive version, unchanged for the responsive front end and up till now NOP (not our problem).