• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's very unusual for any shop, once they have decided on a look, to change it so radically that a template system becomes of use.

It seems to me that the only people who really would benefit from a template system are those who create templates for sale.

But if you are sure you want to code one, go ahead. Base it on the 2.4 system. If it's good, I'll add it to the core BS version.

MIght be worth holding back on a template system for a short while @@wHiTeHaT - I want to open up a "open discussion" thread sometime in the next few days on what happens next to this project in terms of addons, a future road map and so on.

Wow!!! I'm just trying to catch up on this tread after a murderous (can't complain about being busy) 6 weeks of orders. What a fantastic step forward.

However, I'm not clear if this is, or will be, an "official" release - it doesn't look like it. Which I presume means there will be no upgrade path (I know it was mentioned by @@burt that this could be done but would be a big job)? Or will this be 2.3.3.5? Or maybe 2.3.3.4-BS? Or whatever... doesn't really matter I guess.

Because it seems to work with standard 2.3.3.4 coded addons - this would very likely be a my next step (platform) while planning my next website.

Yes, the work with BS3 will eventually make it into an official release.

This is great news that everyone should be really pleased about. This bring osCommerce to a much more modern place amongst its peers, and should see an influx of new users when the word gets out...

More details on this to follow.

Burt,

Unfortunately, I can't participate as much as I would like but i do have some ideas. For some reason I couldn't get this file to work on pull request but take a look at page below and the formating I've done as well as using isset to avoid errors for unset variables. Formatting can be set up in an IDE like Netbeans which is what I used for this. There were a mixture of spaces and tabs which leads to problems with diffs and general formatting issues.

https://github.com/jwisdom/osCommerce-2334-bootstrap/blob/923a6ad5998722cfe765f9ff668c9db0dddac560/includes/modules/product_listing.php

I've been following http://www.php-fig.org/faq/ and they have some good guidelines that may help. One of the big changes they made is going to a 4 space indent but as a group they agreed on it. One of their standards covers naming. Some of the variables that have been added to product_listing like "lc_show_manu" or "lc_show_lbs" may be better following "lc_show_manufacturer" or "lc_show_weight". Since I'm in the US lbs makes perfect sense but may be confusing for some people.

You're doing a great job in motivating people to get on board but I thought this was worth mentioning. I'll try and help with what I can and I haven't forgotten about CC formating.

I'm not really a dog.

Updated header navigation menu (for mobile versions): Demo

I like the smooth experience of this on my netbook. Not truely a mobile environment, but that's my test for tonight :)

I selected the testcat

http://jumppearl.com/oscbs3/index.php?cPath=2_19_22

and found that at this point the software + icon is not working anymore.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

http://jumppearl.com/oscbs3/product_info.php?cPath=2_19&products_id=22 Available Options:

Is it possible to make the option box expand according to option viewing in firefox the the Option Download windows English

is hidden.

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Updated header navigation menu (for mobile versions): Demo

@@wHiTeHaT I like this for mobile... would it be wise to make the entire box "clickable" to expand the menu? I didn't get it at first - to expand the menu you had to click only the plus sign (which I think you mentioned you were going to change to an jquery arrow).

Just a thought...

@@joli1811

Its not showing the full option value because the dropdown has a style attribute coded into it:

<select name="id[5]" style="width: 200px;" class="form-control"><option value="10">Download: Windows - English</option><option value="13">Box: Windows - English</option></select>

Just a matter of removing that, but then BootStrap will take over and make it full width of its containing element.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Just starting to play around in my sandbox with a fresh set of 2.3.3.4 bootstrap files; add a few addons to see what works/doesn't work... the only thing I have run across so far is a conflict with nivo slider...

Although, I guess this might have to be re-thought anyway... because typically nivo slider is not responsive and would have to be modified anyway. I see bootstrap has an image slider (carousel)... Maybe I'll see if I can't get that to work (with my very limited skills...lol).

I'm quite busy at the moment, but I will start a new thread very soon with some ideas for the way forward (including addons) and a roadmap and what-not.

In the meantime we still need more people to test the master installation and report any problems.

Download:

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-2334-bootstrap/archive/master.zip

Install:

Just like you would any normal osc site

And then:

Select the modules you want to turn on (boxes and header tags)

@@wHiTeHaT

previously had a discussion about isotope in a different thread and it has possibilities, but is only filterable on 1 filter at a time (taking the example of the table of elements, http://isotope.metafizzy.co/ );

show me "metal"

show me "-ium"

show me "transition"

What if I want to see metals and ium elements ? Is it possible ?

A nice way to set up the filters would be needed - possibly the keywords function of SEO Header Tags Reloaded could be utilised for that.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8864

Now includes a fileset for bootstrap osCommerce

Just downloaded both the full osCBS and this addon. *Very* easy to apply the addon. Works great!

I also want to thank Matt for revising his Better Checkout addon to work with this Bootstrap version of osC!

One small formatting question: I have the 'Information', 'Customer Service', and 'Contact Us' boxes in the footer (in that sequence). It seems that the footer is formated for 4 boxes, even though I'm only using three. The information in the 'Contact Us' box is wrapping, even though there is 'empty' room to it's right (that is, until the screen is shrunk, and these three boxes stack on top of one another. Then, there's no wraping). Is there any way to increase the width of this one box while in 'wide' mode?

Thanks, everbody!

Malcolm

One small formatting question: I have the 'Information', 'Customer Service', and 'Contact Us' boxes in the footer (in that sequence). It seems that the footer is formated for 4 boxes, even though I'm only using three.

I can't recreate the problem. You'll need to show a URL or at the very least a screenshot of the site.

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived