• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

@@burt

If you refer to:

The Responsice images code does not need (and in fact, should not have) dimensions...

Images are fit 100% wide into their "space"...

I had already seen it but it raises some questions

So this would make addons like KissIT Image Thumbnailer BS obsolete for product listings?  What about bandwidth? Most of my images are 900xsomething.. And do you mean if they'd be small, that they should scale above their original size to fill 100%?

I did this because when viewing in grid mode to me it is like reading, which means having an orientation to the bottom line and buttons and text on the same height is much more appealing to my eye, I'd be happy to read of any other solution which could achieve this without fixed dimensions.

Best regards

Christoph

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@@burt

hey G

I was looking through some files in Edge and realized that there is still the new_products.php file inside the modules folder. (catalog/includes/modules/new_products.php)

Isn't that obsolete? Now with the index and index_nested modules.

• 2 weeks later...

Question ... I've done many modifications to the oscommerce 2.3.4 that I have installed and I want to convert it to responsive, is there a guide to do it? Or do I have to install the responsive and then apply all the changes that I have done?

Thanks

Question ... I've done many modifications to the oscommerce 2.3.4 that I have installed and I want to convert it to responsive, is there a guide to do it? Or do I have to install the responsive and then apply all the changes that I have done?

Thanks

You may very well find that some modifications you had to do to your 2.3.4...are already built into the Responsive.

Best advice:  install on a test site/server an out of the box Responsive and have a play with it.

I am pleased to report that Edge is as of this moment...php7 ready.

A big thank you to @@BrockleyJohn for the hard work he has done on that part of the project.

A big thank you also to those who took the time out to have a play with the php7 changes, make feedback and so on.

A big thank you to @@BrockleyJohn for the hard work he has done on that part of the project.

A big thank you also to those who took the time out to have a play with the php7 changes, make feedback and so on.

NIce....Gary does this mean that EDGE will become a general release candidate now with future development continuing in a new version?

Dan

NIce....Gary does this mean that EDGE will become a general release candidate now with future development continuing in a new version?

Dan

Are you suggesting now's the time to pull off a 2.3.4BS Platinum release? Hmmm...

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Updated my test site and switched the server to use php7 - everything runs smoothly without a hiccup.  Thanks to all who put so much time and effort on this!!

That is awesome  :lol:  :thumbsup:  (w00t)

Does that mean it also runs on earlier versions of PHP as well or just 7 and up.. (please excuse my ignorance)

Thanks for all the work

Doug

Are you suggesting now's the time to pull off a 2.3.4BS Platinum release? Hmmm...

Naming releases is a bit a mystery to me but I think it would be helpful.  As someone has mentioned on here, it is hard to develop anything for a moving target so I'm thinking it would be helpful to drop a target every now and again.  I seem to remember Gary saying something like that was in the plan as well.

Dan

You may very well find that some modifications you had to do to your 2.3.4...are already built into the Responsive.

Best advice:  install on a test site/server an out of the box Responsive and have a play with it.

Thanks for the answer, I installed it. Very good work on it!!!

Altho I have to make some of the features that I created before like "Checkout without registering", I wonder if I should create it like a Content Module so it can be installed like an addon.

Altho I have to make some of the features that I created before like "Checkout without registering", I wonder if I should create it like a Content Module so it can be installed like an addon.

That is the best approach....if the core changes you won't need to redo it again...at worst, you should be able to just install the content module again.  You'll also be able to contribute your work to the community if you wish.

Dan

@@fanaya

Thanks for the answer, I installed it. Very good work on it!!!

You can use PWA (Purchase Without Account) BS reloaded, I think that it does the same things like your "Checkout without registering".

with OsC 2.2 since 2006 ...

• 3 weeks later...

To valid the ipv4 or ipv6 i recommand to use http://php.net/manual/en/function.inet-pton.php  PHP 5 >= 5.1.0, PHP 7

I did change in an inofficial version the old function (tep_validate_ip_address ) too:

function isValidIpAddress($ip_address) {
    $IPaddr = inet_pton($ip_address);
    if ( $IPaddr == false) { 
    	return false; 
    } else {
     	return true;
    }
  }

it's working very well.

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

1 hour ago, mcmannehan said:

To valid the ipv4 or ipv6 i recommand to use http://php.net/manual/en/function.inet-pton.php  PHP 5 >= 5.1.0, PHP 7

I did change in an inofficial version the old function (tep_validate_ip_address ) too:

function isValidIpAddress($ip_address) {
    $IPaddr = inet_pton($ip_address);
    if ( $IPaddr == false) { 
    	return false; 
    } else {
     	return true;
    }
  }

it's working very well.

@burt do you want to move this discussion into its own thread?

Thank you kindly.... @mcmannehan

Is this not sufficient (?

function tep_validate_ip_address($ip_address) {
    if (function_exists('filter_var') && defined('FILTER_VALIDATE_IP')) {
      return filter_var($ip_address, FILTER_VALIDATE_IP);
    }

return false;
  }

And I presume the DB also needs to be changed... To VARBINARY(16)

14 hours ago, greasemonkey said:

@burt do you want to move this discussion into its own thread?

Thank you kindly.... @mcmannehan

Is this not sufficient (?

function tep_validate_ip_address($ip_address) {
    if (function_exists('filter_var') && defined('FILTER_VALIDATE_IP')) {
      return filter_var($ip_address, FILTER_VALIDATE_IP);
    }

return false;
  }

And I presume the DB also needs to be changed... To VARBINARY(16)

@greasemonkey your welcome!

Why not use a PHP function? It's there so i use it. I did post extra the link to the PHP manual because you have to filter the ip numbers too and the if statement for

defined('FILTER_VALIDATE_IP')

i do before in my filter function for the ip numbers.

Your resolution have to filter too, a lot more then the inet_pton function. read here: http://php.net/manual/de/function.filter-var.php

Of Course DB have to change. I didn't test your resolution maybe it's sufficient.

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived