osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another call for testers, please!

I have been adding to the equal heights css as there have been problems reported with Safari. There were two issues: on all versions of Safari the grid view had the right column empty, and on some specific versions of iPad the equal heights css didn't work at all.

If you haven't the time to try out installing the pull request https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/pull/538

please just visit my test site using your browser and device and report back results to the pull request

test site at http://bromleybr.co.uk/bsgit/

Clearly we don't just need to test this on iPad/Safari but that it still works fine on the others.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

@@burt

We'll be using @BrockleyJohn version.  The other one doesn't help Core at all as it's a "loaded" version

Rigth, dosen't help the Core at all, but works very well, because it's based on @ Version.

and i was fast... o:)

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

Chome: good

Canary: good

Firefox: good

IE11:  good

Edge: good

Safari: list group does not work at all

All of the above on Win10.

I can live with that - Safari on windows is ancient and only used by web developers. Could do with some real Safari testing!

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Interesting.  Using safari to resize the window...

makes the list-group totally break

So, stop the window resize while it is broken..

Now perform a refresh of the page (at same size window)...

the list-group now works perfectly

chrome on samsung tablet s2 in portrait mode 1 column, in landscape ok

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

@@BrockleyJohn

OSX El Capitan 

Safari 10.0.3

Chrome 56

Worked perfectly on both Chrome and Safari, I didn't experience the problems Gary had.

iPad 1 (iOS 9.3.5) works fine too.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

chrome on samsung tablet s2 in portrait mode 1 column, in landscape ok

@@bruyndoncx thanks, Carine. Is this one any better? http://bromleybr.co.uk/bsdev/index.php

Hi Everyone

I have just installed this and looks a great improvement to my old 2.2 store.

Can anyone help with a layout question?

I am ideally looking for a header section that takes up the whole width then a narrowed width below for the rest of the site. At present the columns left and right are to the left and right of the header, at the very top of the page, rather than below. 

I can turn off the boxes and start manually hacking the code but I wonder if there is an easier way to achieve what I am looking for?

Thanks a lot in advance.

@@bruyndoncx thanks, Carine. Is this one any better? http://bromleybr.co.uk/bsdev/index.php

it is not equal heights, but the layout is fine in portrait and landscape now, no more single column

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

it is not equal heights, but the layout is fine in portrait and landscape now, no more single column

When you say it's not equal heights, is it like the screenshot or does the grid have gaps in it, rather than filling up properly from left to right on each row?

Sorry to be a pest but browserstack doesn't have a Galaxy Tab S2 emulation!

post-220375-0-86247100-1489610694_thumb.jpg

When you say it's not equal heights, is it like the screenshot or does the grid have gaps in it, rather than filling up properly from left to right on each row?

Sorry to be a pest but browserstack doesn't have a Galaxy Tab S2 emulation!

attachicon.gifequal-heights.jpg

correct, it looks like that, but i am not certain if it stays in rows always as it would depend on the data displayed

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

correct, it looks like that, but i am not certain if it stays in rows always as it would depend on the data displayed

@@bruyndoncx one more favour, Carine - I have now put the variation into http://bromleybr.co.uk/bsgit/ where the data will show gaps if there are any... please have a look there, and thanks!

@@ollyno1uk2

Hi Everyone

I have just installed this and looks a great improvement to my old 2.2 store.

Can anyone help with a layout question?

I am ideally looking for a header section that takes up the whole width then a narrowed width below for the rest of the site. At present the columns left and right are to the left and right of the header, at the very top of the page, rather than below. 

I can turn off the boxes and start manually hacking the code but I wonder if there is an easier way to achieve what I am looking for?

Thanks a lot in advance.

In a stock installation of osC BS, the first thing at the top of the page (assuming you are viewing this on a large screen (ie: a desktop computer)) is the NavBar. The default color for this is black, and it fills from the left edge to the right edge.

Below this is the Header. In the header, you can have your logo, your search bar, your breadcrumb, etc. This is below the NavBar, and also fills from the left edge to the right edge.

Below this is the main body. The Main body consists of the Left Column, the Body Content, and the Right Column.

Within the Body Content, you have the Page Header. The default Page Header on the home page is "Welcome to <your store name>".

You may be mistaking the Page Header for the actual Header section. Go into the Admin | Modules | Content and make sure you have turned on: Logo, Search Box, Message Stack Notifications, and Breadcrumb.

If it is the Page Header that you want full width, you can probably convert what you want into an image, and use that as your logo. Be aware that it will be the same for every page on your site, though.

Let us know if this helps.

Malcolm

@@ArtcoInc thank you - this is really helpful and I was confused. Most of the header modules were not turned on and what I was looking at was the top text of the index page.

What I don't have is any black navbar. The first thing I have now on the screen is the breadcrumbs.

Is there some option of turning the navbar on?

Thanks a lot for helping.

Olly

@@bruyndoncx one more favour, Carine - I have now put the variation into http://bromleybr.co.uk/bsgit/ where the data will show gaps if there are any... please have a look there, and thanks!

doesnt look like the fix is installed, got everything in portrait mode in 1 column.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

doesnt look like the fix is installed, got everything in portrait mode in 1 column.

*sigh* the style files are the same on each directory (just downloaded and compared them) - is there any way to do a hard refresh/full reload on a Galaxy Tab S2?

*sigh* the style files are the same on each directory (just downloaded and compared them) - is there any way to do a hard refresh/full reload on a Galaxy Tab S2?

@@bruyndoncx never mind, I put a product into http://bromleybr.co.uk/bsdev/index.php that will test the grid layout, would you mind going back to that one?

@@bruyndoncx never mind, I put a product into http://bromleybr.co.uk/bsdev/index.php that will test the grid layout, would you mind going back to that one?

it looks good, but i am not sure if the test case is good enough, should add another shorter product i think

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

how's this? It looks like the attached without the equal heights styling

post-220375-0-62714300-1489786470_thumb.jpg

mine looks better, got everything lined up

as positions

1 2 3 4

5 6

yours being

1 2 3 4

7 8

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived