• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

@@Howmessages I'm glad your problem is resolved - but did you have to change core code to get it to work? Please share the line of code you changed so that I can check if there's a bug to fix.

cheers, John

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far as I recall, boxes are no longer created using the class file.  

Can anyone recall seeing any box in the shop side that still uses this:

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/pull/529

I believe I took it out at one point of php7 changes without any ill effects on core code but @@raiwa was keen to fix it for the sake of addon compatibility; not really your problem :)

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

@@burt I can test, but it'll have to be on a uniserver test shop as my live shop is still way back from being caught up on Edge

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

php7 changes are next on the to-do list.

I will need help to achieve this.

At this moment help is very hard to find (in terms of coding & especially testing)...

I think there are a couple of PHP7 versions out there, one by @@BrockleyJohn and one by @@mcmannehan (from memory).

I have a PHP7 server I can test on.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

Ok - the last set of commits introduced a conflict or two; I'll rebuild it and raise a PR

php7 changes are next on the to-do list.

I will need help to achieve this.

At this moment help is very hard to find (in terms of coding & especially testing)...

also the MySql5.7 suitable is important. My testversion runs on PHP7.1.1 very well.

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

So far as I recall, boxes are no longer created using the class file.  

Can anyone recall seeing any box in the shop side that still uses this:

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/pull/529

at the frontend box class file not longer used all my addons and the core "stuff" working.

at the backend box class file is still in use.

@@burt i agree with you, will see, what some add on do.

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

PHP7: https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/pull/533

Please help with testing. If anyone would like to test but doesn't have access to a PHP7 environment, I can lend one. We should also be testing it's not broken on php5!

I think the biggest bit for proper testing is the payment modules, so I'd like particularly to ask for help from everyone to check the modules that they use all the way through a payment to an order ready for processing. The same applies for any core shipping modules.

The changes that were required to clear deprecated notices were tested quite extensively last year, but some things less so:

- paypal app (was introduced since) could do with a good thrashing

- moneybookers payment module can't be installed without an account (and they refused to give me one)

- most payment modules for specific merchant accounts were checked that they install are selectable as a choice of payment. I only tested paypal standard and cod all the way through a payment and back again. If you have access to a merchant account for one of the others (especially one with callback code in /ext), please take a payment all the way through to complete the lifecycle

- usps shipping module & associated email class (I couldn't get them to work & gave up when @@kymation gave me the excuse that they've not worked for ages)

Plus, I may have made mistakes rebuilding this, though I have checked for deprecated notices in admin modules and security checks. The most likely mistakes are missing a merged edit (probably so that a class definition still has a class-name constructor) and overwriting a change where there was a conflict (probably $HTTP_GET_VARS['...'] overwriting $_GET['...']). I hope to have avoided this by applying each change individually but obviously can't be sure there are none.

Thanks

Hi. all work well with php7.1.1 and php5.6.30. Paypal app works fine, although I only use standard mode. The rest of payment modules do not use them.

Regards

No external links here, thank you

Hi,

Quick Question:

As a non-programmer I have found that keeping my current EDGE installation up to date is really simple - all changes to files are easy to identify and then apply.

To keep my installatin current do I need to look out for any changes to the database as well as the files?

I could not see where to check for database changes here: https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce

Thanks

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

Hi,

Quick Question:

As a non-programmer I have found that keeping my current EDGE installation up to date is really simple - all changes to files are easy to identify and then apply.

To keep my installatin current do I need to look out for any changes to the database as well as the files?

I could not see where to check for database changes here: https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce

Thanks

Peter

@@peterpil19 any changes that require a database structure change should have a corresponding change in the database setup script here:

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/blob/master/install/oscommerce.sql

Sometimes a change in the programming needs a corresponding change in the database content rather than structure, and this will likely also be reflected in the same file. I'm thinking here of the introduction of modularity to a page that didn't previously have it, like index_nested last year, where the new modules needed to be installed and activated or the content disappeared.

@@BrockleyJohn

Thanks for clarifying.

Just to check I am reading it correctly, the database script was last changed May 13 2016? If so, it means my version is up to date.

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

@@BrockleyJohn

Thanks for clarifying.

Just to check I am reading it correctly, the database script was last changed May 13 2016? If so, it means my version is up to date.

Peter

Yes - although it was still May 12 in the UK at the time! It looks like the time of commits on github is shown as the local equivalent.

- moneybookers payment module can't be installed without an account (and they refused to give me one)

I thought I might apply for a Moneybookers account for testing, but looks like I won't.

Does anyone use this service, now called Skrill?

Their 'special rate' for osCommerce users is 2.9% https://content.skrill.com/en/ecommerce-solutions/oscommerce/ and they don't seem to be very easy to deal with https://www.quora.com/Why-nobody-uses-Moneybookers-now-called-Skrill-anymore-Whats-wrong-with-this-payment-system

Anyhow, here is my osC 2.34BS running on PHP7. Feel free to make any test transactions etc http://www.ink-cartridge.com.au/PHP7/index.php

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

I thought I might apply for a Moneybookers account for testing, but looks like I won't.

Does anyone use this service, now called Skrill?

Their 'special rate' for osCommerce users is 2.9% https://content.skrill.com/en/ecommerce-solutions/oscommerce/ and they don't seem to be very easy to deal with https://www.quora.com/Why-nobody-uses-Moneybookers-now-called-Skrill-anymore-Whats-wrong-with-this-payment-system

Anyhow, here is my osC 2.34BS running on PHP7. Feel free to make any test transactions etc http://www.ink-cartridge.com.au/PHP7/index.php

it's possible my org chart made them think I wasn't taking the application seriously

post-220375-0-20438900-1488320259_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on what is starting to look like a solid and reliable version.

I recently installed it. I know you are not concentrating on payment modules but when an update/upgrade is flagged by the application and installing it results in breaking what its supposed to fix, perhaps warning users to ignore it might be a positive step toward getting donations.

I already have a responsive version I bought from Theme Forest. Its creator has no experience with PayPal. I removed that version and installed yours expecting to get Paypal (my primary card provider) to accept payments from osCommerce. Neither version do.

I'm unsure now of how to proceed. I lack the knowledge to reverse the update and so far (in 3 days of constant looking) all I've got is one lone response informing me what has happened without any instruction on how to repair osCommerce.

Can you help or provide someone who can? I just want my store to function.

Thanks in advance,

Duncan (ryadia)

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived