• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

Hello @burt,

I download oscommerce 2.3 bs Edge a few month ago, And today I EDGE and updating the old one, everything work well.

but i have one problem, That I cant add product to cart..

its show two msg:

product has been added to your Cart

Your Shopping Cart is empty!
I checked shopping.php and shopping_cart.php they seems fine..
i wonder if you can help me.

BR
Omar

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello @Omar_one,

I think I found: in the installation of "Option types V2 for BS", it lacks a "return $ uprid;" Before the last hook of the function "function tep_get_uprid".

catalog/includes/functions/general.php

// Return a product ID with attributes
  function tep_get_uprid($prid, $params) {
//BOF - Zappo - Option Types v2 - Adding Attributes
    $uprid = $prid;
    if ( (is_array($params)) && (!strstr($prid, '{')) ) {
      while (list($option, $value) = each($params)) {
        $uprid = $uprid . '{' . $option . '}' . htmlspecialchars(stripslashes(trim($value)), ENT_QUOTES);
      }
    } else {
      $uprid = htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($uprid), ENT_QUOTES);
    }
    if ( (is_array($params)) && (!strstr($prid, '{')) ) {
      while (list($option, $value) = each($params)) {
        $uprid = $uprid . '{' . $option . '}' . $value;
      }
    }
//EOF - Zappo - Option Types v2 - Adding Attributes
    return $uprid;
	}

with OsC 2.2 since 2006 ...

• 2 weeks later...

thank you.   Downloaded Responsive-osCommerce-master and read the readme file.  Followed the link to the demo video which specifies creating a fork to gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap.  However this repository can't be found!?

Followed the link to the demo video which specifies creating a fork to gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap.  However this repository can't be found!?

@@oldcelt Ken, what are you trying to do....install the software or create a GitHub repository?  I assumed you were just trying to install the latest community version....maybe I was wrong.

Dan

Hi Dan

I've not used osCommerce for some years since I'm officially retired.   However, I have an idea I'd like to pursue which includes osCommerce.

I therefore downloaded "Responsive-osCommerce-master" but I have not yet  installed it.  I also wanted to involve myself in the community development and was trying to create a GitHub repository as instructed by G Burton in posts starting on 26 November 2014.   A search on GitHub does not find gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap so I assume there is a more up-to-date version of the community development fork?

I've never used GitHub before so I hope my terminology is correct?

Thanks for your help.

Ken

@@oldcelt  Ken in that case go to Garys current Edge version....you'll find it here.

There is a clone button on the right hand side...hit that and you should be able to create a copy of it.   I assume that you set up a Github account.  I'm no expert on using GitHub but if you get stuck post back and if I can help I will otherwise someone else might jump in.

Good luck and oh yeah if you're using GitHub I recommend getting the larger size bottle of aspirin. :D

Dan

Hello,
I wonder if languages will be handled in the same way as in the official release of osCommerce 2.3.4. A separate directory for each language. I have previously contributed language packs to the addon area of some 20 languages. I want to translate English to some Nordic language packs: Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish and maybe a few more languages for the Responsive osCommerce-master version. Is this a good idea, or should I wait until the handling of languages has been determined?
/ Bertil

@@oldcelt  Ken in that case go to Garys current Edge version....you'll find it here.

There is a clone button on the right hand side...hit that and you should be able to create a copy of it.   I assume that you set up a Github account.  I'm no expert on using GitHub but if you get stuck post back and if I can help I will otherwise someone else might jump in.

Good luck and oh yeah if you're using GitHub I recommend getting the larger size bottle of aspirin. :D

Dan

Oh, by the way, I find scotch better than aspirin!  :)

Oh, by the way, I find scotch better than aspirin!  :)

But you'll remember more using the aspirin.  ahh...but maybe that's not a good thing. :-

Dan

But you'll remember more using the aspirin.  ahh...but maybe that's not a good thing. :-

Dan

OK, found the repository and created a fork.   I assume I need to download the complete version and do a clean install?   Does the install follow the basic osC method?

Ken

OK, found the repository and created a fork.   I assume I need to download the complete version and do a clean install?   Does the install follow the basic osC method?

Ken

@@oldcelt 

Morning Ken...yes, the same button you used to create the repo will allow you to download a zip file and you can just install it in the usual manner.

Dan

@@oldcelt 

Morning Ken...yes, the same button you used to create the repo will allow you to download a zip file and you can just install it in the usual manner.

Dan

Thanks Dan.  I need to set up a database before running install then?

Ken

Thanks Dan.  I need to set up a database before running install then?

Ken

@@oldcelt

It's been awhile since I did a new install but I think you need to have a database in place so you can enter the proper credentials but it creates the appropriate tables.

Dan

@@oldcelt

It's been awhile since I did a new install but I think you need to have a database in place so you can enter the proper credentials but it creates the appropriate tables.

Dan

OK, thanks for your help Dan.   Repo created and forked, zip downloaded and now installed on my website.   Any suggestions about setup (do you install the latest PayPal addon for example) and procedure for cooperating with community members would be much appreciated.

Ken

Good on you for taking the plunge into this version of osCommerce. Your next task is to simply play with the default install, installing and uninstalling boxes and modules to get used to how the sort ordering works and how the widths work. Easiest part to see that in action is at the FOOTER modules, and always remember that any "space" is subject to a maximum of 12 units. So you could have 1 module in the footer take up (say) 7 units width, leaving 5 units spare for other modules in the same row.

It takes some getting used to, but once you have it...it becomes easy.

Good on you for taking the plunge into this version of osCommerce. Your next task is to simply play with the default install, installing and uninstalling boxes and modules to get used to how the sort ordering works and how the widths work. Easiest part to see that in action is at the FOOTER modules, and always remember that any "space" is subject to a maximum of 12 units. So you could have 1 module in the footer take up (say) 7 units width, leaving 5 units spare for other modules in the same row.

It takes some getting used to, but once you have it...it becomes easy.

Thanks for the advice.   I'm more than a bit rusty having been "retired" for 16 years but I'm sure I'll get back into it in due course.

Ken

Hello

Chrome browser doesn't autofill saved password for returning customer sign in at login.php, other browser such as IE, Edge, Firefox do autofill saved password.

Seems issue with browser rather than store setting. Any advice is welcome, thanks in advance.

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived