• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

There seems to be another dude that has problems with the shopping cart page functions. What's going on? Is this some latest server security upgrade issue? Or bad server configuration? Cheap server thing?

First it was just 1 guy now there are 2 if this becomes more and more then.... well not good.

I'm sure there are more of us out there.

Some of us try to find the answers on our own or make a work around.

The redirect to index seems to be a page not found redirect as: -p-38%7B83%7D798%7B101%7D869%7B84%7D803%7B76%7D756%7B106%7D908%7B79%7D757%7B108%7D925%7B2%7D789%7B80%7D765%7B93%7D838%7B94%7D838%7B82%7D790%7B52%7D15%7Btxt_117%7D%7Btxt_119%7D.html or the shorter previous {938}805 are not valid links

Somehow need to truncate the product link in the cart.

Thanks to ShaGGy I was able to put the remove button back in. It didn't work in 2.3.3.4 either

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure there are more of us out there.

Some of us try to find the answers on our own or make a work around.

The redirect to index seems to be a page not found redirect as: -p-38%7B83%7D798%7B101%7D869%7B84%7D803%7B76%7D756%7B106%7D908%7B79%7D757%7B108%7D925%7B2%7D789%7B80%7D765%7B93%7D838%7B94%7D838%7B82%7D790%7B52%7D15%7Btxt_117%7D%7Btxt_119%7D.html or the shorter previous {938}805 are not valid links

Somehow need to truncate the product link in the cart.

Thanks to ShaGGy I was able to put the remove button back in. It didn't work in 2.3.3.4 either

@@Big Bear That looks much too long, you should be applying Harald's fix from here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/396152-bootstrap-3-in-234-responsive-from-the-get-go/?p=1746915

or the equivalent if that code is replaced for your url rewirting

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

@@BrockleyJohn

I haven't tried to adopt HPDL's fix into the Ult SEO mod yet.

The first example was a cut and paste from a product with a lot of options, the 2nd I just typed a quick example.

More important is I find how column boxes get "anchored" (using the term loosely for BS) in product_info

More important is I find how column boxes get "anchored" (using the term loosely for BS) in product_info

@@Big Bear

What do you want to achieve?

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

@@BrockleyJohn

I lose any boxes that are in column left, boxes in column right move to under the product description.

The column stays.

Only on product_info page. It is something I did added/deleted no doubt. I haven't spotted it yet.

@@BrockleyJohn

I lose any boxes that are in column left, boxes in column right move to under the product description.

The column stays.

Only on product_info page. It is something I did added/deleted no doubt. I haven't spotted it yet.

@@Big Bear It sounds like you've lost the end of the div for the middle bit; two div closures before the end of the form (starting line 224):

?>

</div>

</div>

</form>

<?php
  }
  require('includes/template_bottom.php');
  require('includes/application_bottom.php');
?>

I hope you know that if you want to add content to the product info page, you can do it with a content module... (see examples under includes / modules / content / product_info), you don't need to edit the page itself.

@@BrockleyJohn

Thank you.

I have the double /divs.

I know about the modules, just had the need to hack the code.

Some day I will learn how to hook. I can return hello world but that doesn't help me.

• 2 weeks later...

i need a simple file that outputs the list of categories in a csv file.

i wonder if you can help me

thanks

in phpmyadmin run the query

SELECT categories_name FROM `categories_description` 

and choose Export at the bottom of the page, select CSV as the format

@@hungryfrank,

try Easy Populate.

There are several version out there.Try the latest package easy populate 2.9 if you are using 2.3.4 BS:

EasyPopulate 2.76i for v2.3.1

I've been trying my test shop under the main browsers for windows, and I found a problem with the navbar in Chrome (Version 54.0.2840.71 m 64-bit): I can't use "My account" link on the mobile navbar. The dropdown menu doesn't show up, and clicking has no effect at all.

At first I was thinking it was something I changed on my shop because it was working some weeks ago, but it also happens in the demo site http://template.me.uk/234bs3/

Works fine on firefox and edge here, but not in Chrome. I've tested with two other pc (windows 32 bits) and works fine, so I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome; same thing.

Anyone with latest Chrome 64 bits can confirm me if it works fine or not? I'm not sure if it's a bug on that chrome version or it's something on my own pc.

I've been trying my test shop under the main browsers for windows, and I found a problem with the navbar in Chrome (Version 54.0.2840.71 m 64-bit): I can't use "My account" link on the mobile navbar. The dropdown menu doesn't show up, and clicking has no effect at all.

At first I was thinking it was something I changed on my shop because it was working some weeks ago, but it also happens in the demo site http://template.me.uk/234bs3/

Works fine on firefox and edge here, but not in Chrome. I've tested with two other pc (windows 32 bits) and works fine, so I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome; same thing.

Anyone with latest Chrome 64 bits can confirm me if it works fine or not? I'm not sure if it's a bug on that chrome version or it's something on my own pc.

Hi Juanma,

The My Account link on navbar works fine on my 64-bit Windows 10 Pro PC in 64-bit Chrome version 54.0.2840.71 m.

Cheers, Eddy

@@piernas - it's you :P 

demo site works for me too on 54.0.2840.71 m

My guess is that jquery isn't loading before bootstrap for you for some reason - maybe your browser thinks it's cached but it's not complete. Try a hard refresh or clearing the cache

Hi all! I'm trying to get my Shop running with 2.3.4 Edge. I translated most of the files into german and what i tested so far, seems to run. Only the SEO Url makes me a headacke...in the Admin i get the following errer. i have no idea how i could solve this.

any ideas and help are very appreciated!

: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'tep_reset_cache_data_usu5' not found or invalid function name in /home/httpd/vhosts/sauces.ch/xxx-smoke.ch/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1272

Many thanks in Advance,

Patrik

• 1 month later...

Greetings,

I'm in the process of customizing osC BS Gold and I just noticed that the product names are no longer showing on the specials.php or products_new.php pages, yet they show on the advanced_search_result.php page (so the problem is not in /includes/modules/product_listing.php). If I inspect the link where the product name should be I find that the <a ...></a> is empty.

The product image and description show up fine.

I have replaced my specials.php, /includes/languages/english/specials.php, and /includes/modules/product_listing.php with freshly downloaded stock file but that does not solve my problem.

Since it's not a CSS problem, and the SQL query is stock, I'm at a loss for a solution... where else should I look? What could cause this?

Thanks!

Greetings,

I'm in the process of customizing osC BS Gold and I just noticed that the product names are no longer showing on the specials.php or products_new.php pages, yet they show on the advanced_search_result.php page (so the problem is not in /includes/modules/product_listing.php). If I inspect the link where the product name should be I find that the <a ...></a> is empty.

The product image and description show up fine.

I have replaced my specials.php, /includes/languages/english/specials.php, and /includes/modules/product_listing.php with freshly downloaded stock file but that does not solve my problem.

Since it's not a CSS problem, and the SQL query is stock, I'm at a loss for a solution... where else should I look? What could cause this?

Thanks!

First thought is you could have corrupt data.

Do you have more than one language configured in the store? You might have empty name set for a language for some products.

What do you get on the category and manufacturer views in index.php? They use the same module.

Have you checked if you get the same thing in all screen sizes, and in both list and grid views?

If there's nothing between the anchor tags in the page source, it doesn't necessarily imply that nothing came out of the php; it's possible that some javascript has manipulated the page on loading, and if this isn't working as intended you may be losing the names... though I can't think of a reason to manipulate the names offhand! This might not be straightforward to track down but you could try turning off header tags modules and any content modules that insert javascript.

there used to be a setting to specify which columns to show in product listing, perhaps you have it disabled ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

For some reason it is not possible to write reviews to my site in the latest version of the Bootstrap community version. The code is not changed yet after clicking the next button, the page just reloads but with the ?action=process&products_id=number

Maybe this is something that does not work correctly on this version, or maybe it is just me. I can't seem to find the problem though.

:blush:  :-  DOH. There still is, and it was. Thanks for your help, I'll show myself out.

Glad to be helpfull even if i dont use BS ;)

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Hi All, I'm in the process of updating my original Gold install to EDGE - I do this from time to time following the merged commits in github (I have tried but just can't wrap my head around github and sourcetree).

Anyway... I have a strange issue on my sandbox/test site (where I do these changes prior to moving them live).

It would seem all my "test" custom passwords no long work (I'm not able to login as one of these customers)? I can reset them... and everything seems to work fine.... I can create a new customer and everything is fine....

As you can imagine, I'm not moving these updates live yet... and don't see anywhere that could have possibly touched the customer table in the DB... The commit I was most recently working on was here; https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commit/11d06bdcd67303f9d356030a6ad7f809cdb2a346

You can see there are some changes to the configuration table... that is the closest I have been to the customer table.

It would seem my "master password" still works just fine (its not hashed in the DB).

Would anyone have ANY clue what could be going on?

I see each of my test customers (both customers i have reset and other I have not) have a password in  the DB... but they are hashed, and I presume there is no way on decry pt?

@@burt, I'm working on updating to EDGE ... on this commit... https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commit/8be6f1d70de2a95c33e858b3f7b3f170bf951774

Specifically you are adding

&& ($category_depth == 'products')

To

if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath) && ($category_depth == 'products')) {

This is preventing the canonical tag from showing when not at full category depth.... Example here;

http://template.me.uk/234bs3/index.php?cPath=1

Where as it will show here...

http://template.me.uk/234bs3/index.php?cPath=1_4

Is there a reason (example: SEO/google like this)?

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived