• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

IS there a setting to get the image popups to work?  They show on the main page but dissapear when you click on them.

http://craftkits4kids.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_24&products_id=30

Running Bootstrap Edge

It pops up fine for me - with the text Combined Crafts in the popup. The html section is for embedding videos, not for putting a caption on your picture.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It pops up fine for me - with the text Combined Crafts in the popup. The html section is for embedding videos, not for putting a caption on your picture.

Thank you, eliminated the caption and all is fine.

I have a little problem with 2.3.4 Gold responsive with BS 3 that someone might be able to help me with.

In sub-categories with no items, there is an alert-info message that says, understandable, "There are no products available in this category."

However, since some of my offerings are services, rather than products, the contribution "Sub-Category Textboxes" doesn't display the textbox in these sub-categories.

Is there a way around this?

TIA

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

I have a little problem with 2.3.4 Gold responsive with BS 3 that someone might be able to help me with.

In sub-categories with no items, there is an alert-info message that says, understandable, "There are no products available in this category."

However, since some of my offerings are services, rather than products, the contribution "Sub-Category Textboxes" doesn't display the textbox in these sub-categories.

Is there a way around this?

TIA

@@Druid6900 Richard, you're using a pre-BS addon here (unless there's a new version I don't know about). It probably needs a rewrite to do what you want... and it's better discussed in the addon thread rather than here; except to say it's a lot easier to achieve on Edge than Gold.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Thanks, John.

You may well be right, but, it works in categories and sub-categories that DO have products, just not the ones that show that alert-info messages, so, I'd say that it isn't a problem with the contribution, but with the bootstrap alert function.

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

Hello People!

Need some little help!

I tried for hours to change the border size and Color from the Category Boxes THE GREEN ARROWS.

How can i change Thickens and Color thicker Like the red arrows.

I managed to change only the border-bottom (red arrows)
In user.css i put this

.panel-default .panel-heading {
  border-color: #ded9d5; 
  border-bottom-width:3px;

but how can i Change the side and top parts of the border?

post-197040-0-28449900-1469625782_thumb.jpg

In addition, filename constants (and by extension:  '/includes/filenames.php') is now deprecated shop-side.

Addon Makers, if you are building for Edge, update your addons.

If updating to latest EDGE, is it worth suggesting to shop owners to leave the "includes\filenames.php" file and the reference to it inside "includes\application_top.php", to give addon makers time to check/update their addons and shop owners to make any other changes. I'm pretty sure my bootstrap addons are OK, but checking them anyway incase I missed something​.

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

Added (easier) text capability to shopping cart buttons:

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commit/e63c1715b7a68b52706c6d1c0444ee4bd1bbda6f

In addition, filename constants (and by extension:  '/includes/filenames.php') is now deprecated shop-side.

Addon Makers, if you are building for Edge, update your addons.

Hi just came back to OS due to not having shop recently and thought I would use this opportunity to bring my OLD heavily modified shop upto date and installed the new EDGE then I tried some of the addons mentioned in the other thread for BS and noticed filenames.php is no longer supported?

Is this a good move? would it not be better to leave this in place as it is very handy when modifying your site especially when you refer to a script from many other scripts (so much easier to just update the filenames.php to point to the new file).

or alternatively as suggested above reference to it in application_top ?

@@ShaGGy Hi again Les....I was going to say the penny fell but we don't have any any more....so how about the light came on for me when I read and thought about this post by @@bruyndoncx

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/402638-discussion-about-hard-coded-database-tables/?p=1718825

Dan

@@ShaGGy Hi again Les....I was going to say the penny fell but we don't have any any more....so how about the light came on for me when I read and thought about this post by @@bruyndoncx

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/402638-discussion-about-hard-coded-database-tables/?p=1718825

Dan

Yeah I can see the reason even though there is sense to it I also think it is a major downpoint for OSC as new users will install it and then try installing addons that are no longer being updated etc and find error after error and then abandoning OSC for Magento or Opencart etc etc.

It is not a problem for us that know how OSC works as we can just reference to the file (like i have just done) to initially get old addons working and then update them for BS but I think until all the addons are compatible (even the BS ones that are new now don`t work) this will have a detremental effect on OSC popularity.

Just had a thought.

Why not have a DIR that has the filenames in that reference to the php just like a filenames.php file but instead of a file have a individual one for each reference that way by going modular this can then be removed when uninstalling the module?  or something like this?

Then you could reference to it by saying if xxxxx.php (remove .php) matches xxxxx dir use that if not use filenames.php this would enable older addons to work if not reliant on BS to work.

@@ShaGGy Hi again...

It is not a problem for us that know how OSC works as we can just reference to the file (like i have just done) to initially get old addons working and then update them for BS but I think until all the addons are compatible (even the BS ones that are new now don`t work) this will have a detremental effect on OSC popularity.

You're quite right Les...those of us in the know need to update those contributions as we're installing them.  Frankly most of them need to be reworked anyway.   It's our opportunity to roll up our sleeves and pitch in. 

Dan

Just had a thought.

Why not have a DIR that has the filenames in that reference to the php just like a filenames.php file but instead of a file have a individual one for each reference that way by going modular this can then be removed when uninstalling the module?  or something like this?

Then you could reference to it by saying if xxxxx.php (remove .php) matches xxxxx dir use that if not use filenames.php this would enable older addons to work if not reliant on BS to work.

Or skip all that and just hard code it as is being done.

Dan

@@ShaGGy  I posted code that would automate the filenames and database tables. No manual updates needed. Nobody was interested.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Or skip all that and just hard code it as is being done.

Dan

How do you mean hard code as being done you mean change filenames.php? that wouldnt be safe if so as someone could write a install that wipes all the contents.

An array can be referenced in OSCOM::link() to replace the filename requested if it exists in the lookup array (eg, 'index.php' => 'shop.php'). This array can be built on-the-fly so add-ons can also use it.

That would take care of cases where files have been renamed.

:heart:, osCommerce

@@ShaGGy

Replace FILENAME_XXX with the actual file name ie just eliminate the constants as is done in the core...once the addons are updated...problem solved.  There is no need for filenames.php.

Dan  

Burt don`t forget to change     define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'GBP'); and make it refer to default countries currency by default.

@@ShaGGy Les I think it's just filenames.php that is being depreciated at this point.

Dan

@@ShaGGy

Replace FILENAME_XXX with the actual file name ie just eliminate the constants as is done in the core...once the addons are updated...problem solved.  There is no need for filenames.php.

Dan  

Theres 7,756 addons in there now and 99% refer to filenames.php as a band aid wouldn`t it be better to cover both bases ?

I am thinking about the public image of OSC being damaged as post will be appearing everywhere saying don`t bother with OSC nothing works when you install it etc etc

I know its not ideal but a sudden cut off so early in the transition could be damaging to OSC's popularity.

Theres 7,756 addons in there now and 99% refer to filenames.php as a band aid wouldn`t it be better to cover both bases ?

I am thinking about the public image of OSC being damaged as post will be appearing everywhere saying don`t bother with OSC nothing works when you install it etc etc

I know its not ideal but a sudden cut off so early in the transition could be damaging to OSC's popularity.

A compatibility module can easily be developed that define the legacy constants that have been removed.

:heart:, osCommerce

@@ShaGGy Les I think it's just filenames.php that is being depreciated at this point.

Dan

Dan yeah I just think this is one change that WOULD be welcomed as you know how many NON US users install then hit the USD still showing even though they have changed everything to their default country ect.

Keep in mind Les that most of those addons will require either complete updating or changes to the core to work so if they are to be of any use they'll need to be updated anyway. 

Dan

Addon makers have had 2.5 years to get used to the idea of it (and to actually start doing it).  It is time (and has been for 2.5 years) to embrace what's happening and roll with it.

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived