• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Set up a localhost test server. I suggest "Uniserver" as it is simple.

It's a mistake to try to make a side-by-side site on the same hosting account, as you may very easily, with 1 wrong move or lack of concentration or not backing up or whatever...nuke your live site. Then you really are in trouble.

Sounds like sage advice, Burt.  Thank you.  Nobody at my host site's support ever told me about this.

Is Uniserver the same as Uniform Server?  That's what my search matches.

Ron

I have installed a test site on Uniform Server. Thanks again.

Using Uniform Server, I take it there is no way to change permissions on files?  Or make the admin's security check happy?

Ron

@@valquiria23 The Github development can be found here.  There a list of contributions that play nicely with the responsive version.  Let me see if I can find it. 

Dan

@@valquiria23  Here is the list I was thinking about.  It doesn't look like it is completely up to date but I'll get you started.  If you're looking for something in particular have a look in the add on area.  It is pretty dated too but will give you an idea of what might be available or what you might be able to use with a little work.

Dan

Thank you Dan !!! You're a genius :D

@@valquiria23

If you have a look at my Github and SourceTree Leader needed thread you won't think so. :x

Dan

Hi Burt, I've just downloaded a copy of EDGE and compared the checkout_shipping_address.php file to mine that is installed, they are identical. In my store, you cannot change the address during checkout because there is no input field for town/suburb. So the customer cannot move forward in entering a new shipping address.

Since the files are identical, this seems to be a bug in BS EDGE, would that be right?

Dan, there was an error in the code for city, but it looks very different to the version of checkout_new_address.php in the fresh download, so I'm guessing my freelancer messed it up.

The page still looks different code-wise, however you can now add an address and move on with checking out.

The fresh download looks like this for example..

<div class="form-group">
      <label for="inputCity" class="control-label col-sm-3"><?php echo ENTRY_CITY; ?></label>
      <div class="col-sm-9">
        <?php
        echo tep_draw_input_field('city', NULL, 'id="inputCity" placeholder="' . ENTRY_CITY. '"');
        if (tep_not_null(ENTRY_CITY_TEXT)) echo '<span class="help-block">' . ENTRY_CITY_TEXT . '</span>';
        ?>
      </div>
    </div>

and my code looks like this (for each entry):

<div class="form-group">
      <label for="inputCity" class="control-label col-sm-3"><?php echo ENTRY_CITY; ?></label>
      <div class="col-sm-9">
        <?php
        echo tep_draw_input_field('city', NULL, 'id="inputCity" placeholder="' . ENTRY_CITY_TEXT . '"');
        ?>
      </div>
    </div>

What is this "help-block" line that is missing from all my entries, do you know?

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived