• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary

Glad to hear that it is only cosmetic. I did wonder if it was done for any other reason.

All I did was to change the following code

<hr>

<h2><?php echo HEADING_PAYMENT_INFORMATION; ?></h2>

<div class="contentText row">
<?php
    if (tep_not_null($confirmation['title'])) {
      echo '<div class="col-sm-6">';
      echo '  <div class="alert alert-danger">';
      echo $confirmation['title'];
      echo '  </div>';
      echo '</div>';
    }
?>
<?php
      if (isset($confirmation['fields'])) {
        echo '<div class="col-sm-6">';
        echo '  <div class="alert alert-info">';
        for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($confirmation['fields']); $i<$n; $i++) {
          echo $confirmation['fields'][$i]['title'] . ' ' . $confirmation['fields'][$i]['field'];
        }
        echo '  </div>';
        echo '</div>';
      }
?>
  </div>
  <div class="clearfix"></div>

to

<div class="panel panel-danger">
        <div class="panel-heading"><?php echo '<strong>' . HEADING_PAYMENT_INFORMATION. '</strong>' . tep_draw_button(TEXT_EDIT, 'fa fa-edit', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'), NULL, NULL, 'pull-right btn-info btn-xs' ); ?></div>
        <div class="panel-body">
           <div class="contentText row">
<?php
    if (tep_not_null($confirmation['title'])) {
      echo '<div class="col-sm-12">';
      echo '  <div class="alert alert-default">';
      echo $confirmation['title'];
      echo '  </div>';
      echo '</div>';
    }
?>
<?php
      if (isset($confirmation['fields'])) {
        echo '<div class="col-sm-12">';
        echo '  <div class="alert alert-info">';
        for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($confirmation['fields']); $i<$n; $i++) {
          echo $confirmation['fields'][$i]['title'] . ' ' . $confirmation['fields'][$i]['field'];
        }
        echo '  </div>';
        echo '</div>';
      }
?>
  		</div>
      </div>
    </div>

<div class="clearfix"></div>

Now the block on the page looks the same as the rest of the page and fills the whole width of the page, and hopefully as far as testing has gone all the information is shown in the block as it was in the old style as none of the important code was changed.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Installation is completed. Everything seems to be in order. I have added and removed categories and manufacturers so far all is working as it suppose to. :thumbsup:  I am not sure if I missed this somehow but in your SEO Reloaded addon you could add Product SEO stuff while registering or editing a product. Is this something that will be implemented at a later point or is it not necessary anymore to have?

Hi Burt,

i'm working since many years with osc and few days ago I start using the 234BS3 EDGE.

Tested if it works well and found only few errors.

Bestsellers in Footer = NO Bestsellers in Footer

What's New in Footer = NO What's New in Footer BUT in Right Column

so left is left, right is right but footer is right column.

Also I wasn able to get the customer greetings ABOVE the LOGO ! just to say that Sort Order for logo not works well.

If I can help with testing, I don't have problems for space, databases or traffic.

Installed addons of Jim Kymation without troubles but already found some that are not working on this version. 

@  You'll likely get a quicker and more appropriate response if you post the details of the issues your having to the support forums for each of the add ons you're having difficulity with.   The author of the contributions will see your posts that way.

This thread is for discussions on the osC Bootstrap development itself.

Dan

Sorry I do not understand what this means.  There is no module for bestsellers/whats new for the footer.  If you want them, make them.

@@burt

I think he means the settings when you install or edit the boxes modules. You can choose between Left, Right or Footer.

If you choose Footer the box shows in the right column and not inside the footer area.

@@Tsimi

Is this in Gold?  Or Edge?

Can you take a screenshot ?

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commit/392358f4f90877814ff12c0c133b863f26c0068a

committed on Nov 22 2014

Gold was released on Jan 08, 2015

There might well be some artifacts left from the footer box idea, if there are ... these are bugs and need to be resolved...bugs are moved to Github.

Do not report bugs anywhere other than Github please.

Hi Burt,

i'm working since many years with osc and few days ago I start using the 234BS3 EDGE.

Tested if it works well and found only few errors.

Also I wasn able to get the customer greetings ABOVE the LOGO ! just to say that Sort Order for logo not works well.

If I can help with testing, I don't have problems for space, databases or traffic.

Installed addons of Jim Kymation without troubles but already found some that are not working on this version. 

Hi Burt,

I think I was clear with the version I use except I did'n mention it is an Boxes issue, sorry.

Thought you know what I meant.

But meanwile you found it.

success

Greatest osc version ever used, thanks for your fabulous work

@@burt I have a suggestion about default install: I think it would be less confusing for new users to have some modules like logo, breadcrumb, search box or navigation bar enabled by default, like on the demo site, so newbie oscommerce shopowners would receive a more visual first touch.

Edit: same for the basic nabvar options recently added.

When installing Category New Products Carousel (bootstrap) http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9445 it did'n show up in the home page :(  :(  :(  

Then I installed the front page new products carrousel of Jim and that works, but the New Products Carousel also shows up in categories  :)  :)  :)   

@

You can see my response to this here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/409086-addon-category-new-products-carousel-for-osc-234-bootstrap/#entry1739971

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

@@burt I have a suggestion about default install: I think it would be less confusing for new users to have some modules like logo, breadcrumb, search box or navigation bar enabled by default, like on the demo site, so newbie oscommerce shopowners would receive a more visual first touch.

Edit: same for the basic nabvar options recently added.

As I've said before, demo installations are the #1 sales tool for osC. They should show off many of the great features and modules. If these are not to be shipped built-in and turned on, then at least provide very clear and very easy instructions for how to obtain and enable these features, so that a new installation can match the demo. Consider turning on by default the requested modules (code shipped installed, anyway), with simple instructions for turning them off. Also consider shipping a number of add-ons with osC, ready to install (or at the very least, links to the add-on library entries and instructions).

Would a car manufacturer dream of featuring a stripped-down base model in their advertising (smallest engine, 3 speed stick, AM radio, no AC, no hubcaps,...) or do they always show the "loaded" version (with a disclaimer that optional packages are shown)? If you want to "sell" your software, that's the path you have to take.

• 2 weeks later...

Let  me start with I am a noob and no-no in scripting, programming etc. With the "old" oscommerce website I learned how to use the stylesheet to alter my website.

Now I needed to change the website and thought I better use the bootstrap version; easier to alter according many..

I guess it is the complete lack of knowledge about the bootstrap philosophy, because I have a hard time to find the files I need to use to copy the specific style I want to  change. I read about the tip to use the developer tool in firefox. 

This made it already a lot easier, but now I have a challenge (not a problem) which I was not able to overcome:

I know I have to make my personal adjustments in the user.css file.. But ofcourse you need to know what to use, so I use the developer tools in firefox to see what I need to copy to the user.css file...

I changed the panel header and font colors in the user.css and this works, but it does not work for the panel titles that are a link e.g:  REVIEWS or SHOPPING CART.

According to the developer tool the color of the link text (<a ref=...>) is done by the scaffolding.less file on line 58, but I have not yet found the scaffolding.less file ( the link which is shown is /catalog/ext/bootstrap/css/less/scaffolding.less .. well there is no map LESS in the CSS map.. and even copy/ paste the style element to the user.css file does not work in my case at least.

First of all I hope I posted this in the correct thread, second I hope someone can help me with this and point me in the right direction.

Below I copied the result of the developer tool when use 'inspect element' the panel title REVIEW

element {                                                      (inline meaning this defined on the page itself)
}

a:focus {                                                        (bootstrap.css:1101  meaning on line 1101 in the bootstrap.css file this is defined)
    outline: thin dotted;
    outline: 5px auto -webkit-focus-ring-color;
    outline-offset: -2px;
}
a:focus, a:hover {                                          (scaffolding.less:58)                      
    color: #23527c;                               (this is the colour which is used)                                        
    text-decoration: underline;
}
a {
    color: #337ab7;
    text-decoration: none;
}
a {
    background-color: transparent;
}
* {
    -webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
    -moz-box-sizing: border-box;
    box-sizing: border-box;
}
.panel-default > .panel-heading {
    color: #fff;
}
.panel-default > .panel-heading {
    color: #333;
}
body {
    color: #000;
    font-size: 11px;
    font-family: Calibri, Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
}
body {
    font-family: "Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
    font-size: 14px;
    line-height: 1.42857143;
    color: #333;
}
html {
    font-size: 10px;
}
html {
    font-family: sans-serif;
    -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;

to be popular, it should be at least easily, sufficiently extensive and hassle free.

OSC is an excellent FREE E-Commerce tool which is ideal for programmers, who with their knowledge can make the necessary adjustments and can earn thus a lot of money with a FREE Tool.

For the average trader is too COMPLEX to build an E-Shop itself.

An OSC with turnkey, sufficient enhancements and easy adjustments in the admin site, a variety of themes, SEO, protections, backups, instructions, and so on will turn of OSCommerce a very popular program.

I, as manager of banquet halls, antique car restorer and importer, distributor of fashion find websites and webshops important, but I build them with passion itself.

It takes a lot of time and effort to build the perfect shop, but find satisfaction in the fact that my clients loves my sites and find them sublime.

Without IT training, I have accumulated a lot of knowledge, through my passion for websites and many tips from programmers.

Webshops construction with OSCommerce became a hobby.

I thank everyone for the help and the free tools.

I do not exactly know, see how this helps me..

Like I said I also did a lot of reading for the previous version of the Oscommerce webshop.

Now I am trying to comprehend the bootstrap version, especially the numerous different stylesheets and their functions. I do not need to build them for others, I want to build it for myself and learn how to adjust the website to my needs.

So if anyone can tell me where to find the scaffolding.less file or otherwise how I should read it, since it seems to be the leading stylesheet in this matter.

Thank you.

@@micdee

I'm not sure that even used in the responsive version.....I don't recall seeing it reference anywhere?   Are you using a template of some kind?

Dan

PS: You should probably start your own thread for issues of this nature.

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived