• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@@14steve14

Steve that is weird...I don't think it does that on the shopowners site....

http://bootstrap.kymation.com/

Or am I misunderstanding the issue.

Dan

@@Dan Cole Have a look on this page. http://bootstrap.kymation.com/index.php?cPath=10_13

Just seems weird that the price is in a button that does nothing.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Dont quite know where to post this. I am not to sure that this is a bug, but on the product_listing page the price appears to be in a button. When you click on the button nothing happens. I have checked on the latest edge version and its still the same. Its also the same on the responsive demo page. It happens on both the list and grid views.

I have checked on the demo page and its the same there. I did get bored checking through the forums, but could not find anything about this.

Is that right, or should it look like the new products page box and have a more info button. Of it is correct why have the price in a button.

It's like that everywhere it's a grid/list view. Does it give you any trouble? It's not like it does anything when you click it... except go grey, maybe.

I assumed it was done like that so it balances the button in the other corner (visually, I mean).

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

@@14steve14

Thanks Steve...

BTW, I just checked my bootstrap site and it's not like that but now that I think about it I started with Gary's Gablehauser template and it doesn't do that.   :thumbsup:

Dan

@@Dan Cole Whilst it doesn't bother me, someone that is testing my latest site happened to pick up on it, and asked whether it was right. He felt that if he clicked a button he expected it to do something, which it doesn't. No doubt other customers will feel the same.

Maybe I will have to alter it to look like the new_products page instead and have the price outside the buttons and have a more info button or something instead. That will also keep the box look consistent. Does mean core code changes though.

I will give it a bit of thought.

@@14steve14

Steve have a look at the Gablehauser demo here to see what it looks like outside the button....I agree with your thinking...

http://template.me.uk/gablehauser/

Dan

@@Dan Cole

@@14steve14

you could change it to label

http://jsfiddle.net/juanmendez/7AKvM/

<span class="label label-default">$123</span>

This button "issue" due to bootstrap components. There is no price component in bootstrap..

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@Gergely That is a great solution for those who want to match up the look and get away from the button...I'm okay with the Gablehauser look but others might like this.

Dan

In the end I removed the button code and replaced it with a class and styled using the user stylesheet.

Looks similar to the Gablehauser demo site but with text matching the site. I will just have to remember that I changed the core code.

Hopefully removing a non functioning button will remove confusion for the customers.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

How to edit the about us section in the footer.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

Thaks

Braden.

Hi,

How to edit the about us section in the footer.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

Thaks

Braden.

includes\languages\english\modules\content\footer\cm_footer_text.php

The correct section to post support type questions is general support, located here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/forum/11-general-support/

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am not really a coder, I am a retired systems engineer. I know some php programming, so I have translated 21 language packs for standard oscommerce 2.3.4

I will soon put them at the official addon site. If they can be used in this release, I will be happy to help. What additional files will need to be translated as well?

Regards,

Bertil

• 1 month later...

Hello

I've downloaded the latest version

But I see this error message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting :: (T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM) in I:\UniServerZ\www\osCommerce2Master\includes\OSC\OM\OSCOM.php on line 148

please Help me

Thankyou

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting :: (T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM) in I:\UniServerZ\www\osCommerce2Master\includes\OSC\OM\OSCOM.php on line 148

please Help me

Thankyou

Hi, you've installed a development version of oscommerce which doesn't necessarily work and isn't supported. If you're looking for a responsive version of oscommerce see this post: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/404711-234-gold-edge-24/  and if you want it bug-free, go for gold

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Hi,

I have installed both Responsive-osCommerce-2.3.4-Gold.zip and Responsive-osCommerce-master.zip to try out my swedish language pack. It seems to work OK, but when I tried to create a customer account there was an error:

Not Found

The requested URL /create_account.php was not found on this server.

The file create_account.php is missing. Any idea whats the problem?

Bertil

@@BertilPalmqvist

Did you check to see if the file actually exists in your install...maybe it got trashed some how.  If it is missing just FTP a copy to your server.

Dan

@@BertilPalmqvist

You're welcome Bertil...I wouldn't spent to much time checking the installation...in my experience you'll find out fairly quickly if something else went a muck. :rolleyes:

Dan 

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in the forum.

I started to play a little with this nice responsive version of oscommerce cause I wish to migrate from my old v2.2 webshop.

I used the oscommerce version below:

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/archive/v2.3.4-GOLD.zip

I write here because I made a nice (I believe) human-translated version of language pack to Polish language and would like to share it with the community.

I based on an english language files with a little help from oscommerce_234_language_pack_polish_utf-8 by BertilPalmqvist

I didn't find any other human-translated polish translation for v2.3.4 on community add-ons page so I believe that it may have some value for the community.

Works nice for me, both webshop and admin panels are translated with most modules.

Latest version is currently there:

http://microsat.com.pl/community/oscommerce_v234_GOLD_polish_language_pack_v100.zip

Regards,

Mateusz

Hi Mateusz,

I do not think it is time yet to publish any language packs for this release until it gets an official release, or become more stable. I think it is best to publish it here or on http://addons.oscommerce.com/for now.

Meanwhile, can you help me fix my machine translated Polish language package for 2.3.4? Can I use your human translations?

When it is corrected, it can be used by many, and it will be simpler to go from a corrected version to the next release, or the bootstrap version.

Bertil

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @@burt,

Comparing gburton/Responsive-osCommerce and osCommerce/oscommerce2/ I see some some differences that can be merged in order to have a simplest diff between these projects. For example:

• while loops to foreach
  • copyright dates on comments, for example: includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_loworderfee.php 2002 to 2015
  • $HTTP_GET_VARS to $_GET do you want to mantain it because compatibility reasons?
  • you can suggest to me more

Are you interested on it? I can do it.

One thing I really don't understand is why all the $HTTP_XXX_VARS haven't been converted.  It can be done with a couple simple regex and I've been running it for a long time that way.

I'm not really a dog.

Hello @@burt,

Comparing gburton/Responsive-osCommerce and osCommerce/oscommerce2/ I see some some differences that can be merged in order to have a simplest diff between these projects. For example:

• while loops to foreach
  • copyright dates on comments, for example: includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_loworderfee.php 2002 to 2015
  • $HTTP_GET_VARS to $_GET do you want to mantain it because compatibility reasons?
  • you can suggest to me more

Are you interested on it? I can do it.

Another one:

• Better loading of totals on order.php: adding "class" column to query and etc.

Hi

So this is a really stupid question, but I've just installed the "Edge" version of this on a test server, but for some reason I can't see the headers.

My site seems to start at the top of the Categories box.

I saw somewhere that this sort of thing can now be changed from the Admin section, but I couldn't find anywhere to change it.

My site:

http://test.sundance.com/shop/

Saying that, I'm not even 100% sure that the footer is there either...

Did I install it wrong? 

Or... ?

I tried googling this, but didn't find an answer.

I've been quite happy hacking along with the older version of OsCommerce, but we needed an update so I thought I'd start over with the responsive one.

Thanks.

Chris.

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived