• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

@@irishguy9

The project is not dead. It is just golden.

Not much happens to it except for bug fixes.

If you want changes, you will have to make a fork and change things for yourself, but everything in this repo is for basic osc bootstrap. No addons.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I've read that. My concern is that since the last GOLD release, Responsive-OScommerce:master has become a mixture of some Bootstrap-related fixes, and a lot of random stuff that seems like it belongs in the mainline OSC repo instead. But maybe that doesn't matter if the plan is for OSC[r] to be merged back to OSC soon anyway?

I'd like to start contributing (to OSC and OSC[r]) via github, but the lack of clear separation is confusing me as to where I should be punting my PR.

I have what should be a simple thing to contribute to start with: Category names aren't currently escaped when sent to the screen in some places, and they should be. The difficulty is there's a difference between the mainline and BS versions - the BS version appears to be worse.

So do I have to do two PRs, or can I just roll it up into one and send it to Responsive because that will feed it into mainline OSC in due course anyway?

@@Ben23

Hi Ben...I think this is the right way to proceed but things are a bit uncertain at the moment.

just roll it up into one and send it to Responsive because that will feed it into mainline OSC in due course anyway?

If you do that, I think you'll find out soon enough...

Dan

@@Ben23

Hi Ben...I think this is the right way to proceed but things are a bit uncertain at the moment.

If you do that, I think you'll find out soon enough...

Dan

I would do the same ...

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

I saw a message in Github from Gary to a person to a person submitting a PR to the osC responsive repo that commits are no longer are being accepted for that particular repo.

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/pull/170#event-266167792

@@Ben23

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

@@altoid

Steve...I don't know my way around GitHub well enough to tell but was that for the GOLD, EDGE or both responsive versions?

Dan

@@Dan Cole

Hi Dan,  both Gold and Edge are in one repository.  With Gold being a "release", a benchmark so to speak, where Gary thought it good to go as is at that point in time.

Then further development has been done, on top of gold's release.  That further development is known as Edge.  It looks to me like Edge has 92 commits, or updates after the release of Gold.  I am using Edge by the way as it is more current.  I trust it even though it's not an official release because Gary is the gatekeeper and pretty particular about what goes in it.

For now, it appears that the repository responsive-oscommerce is dormant.  Resulting from what went on recently.

But then I see Gary has been doing a lot lately on the osCommerce2 repo, which is the historically recognized osCommerce that we all know.  It appears Gary is, among other things, melding a bunch of the stuff he did with responsive-oscommerce, into osCommerce2. 

So while I can't say for sure, it appears the goal is to get osCommerce2 moving along, including responsiveness.  

If I am correct,  then in due time, all's good.  I'm just not sure the implications of a Gold or Edge based shop over to the next osCommerce2 release.  So I'm staying tuned...

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

@@altoid

That's interesting Steve...I wonder why it's necessary to go back and update 2.3.4 in effect...I was thinking that GOLD responsive would just replace 2.3.4 to become 2.3.5 or 2.3.4 Responsive or whatever it might be called. The versions must have taken different tracks some where along the way.   Anyway it is good to know that work continues.  

Thanks for the explanation.  I must spend some time learning GitHub one of these days...

Dan

quick question I see tep_session is changed, I was wondering with this line:

if (!tep_session_is_registered($post_var)) tep_session_register($post_var);

to:

if (!isset($_SESSION['post_var'])) set($_SESSION['post_var');

quick question I see tep_session is changed, I was wondering with this line:

if (!tep_session_is_registered($post_var)) tep_session_register($post_var);

to:

if (!isset($_SESSION['post_var'])) set($_SESSION['post_var');

Correct, that is the future way of doing things for sessions.

Asof PHP 4.1 superglobal _SESSION can be used

see below for more info

http://php.net/manual/en/reserved.variables.session.php

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

@@ggbig

The above layout problem has been identified and solutions posted earlier.

They also discussed the issue when you change layout styles from grids to rows that the equal height should not affect the row height

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

i'd like to know if there's a guide or instruction to update my 2.3.4 to 2.3.4 bootstrap or i need to install the a new ?

The 2.3.4 Bootstrap Gold is a stable version to use in live store?

Thanks for you replay

Marco

@@marcochiana

There is no guide to do such update/upgrade. At least none that I know of.

It would take too much time to do that. Some people do such work but that is not for free. If you are interested though you can start a topic in the commercial enquire section.

Otherwise you have to start from scratch and install a fresh version of osC 2.3.4 BS GOLD

2.3.4 BS GOLD is a stable version and can be used as a live store.

Just remember that 2.3.4 BS GOLD is a community version of oscommerce and not an official version. When oscomerce developers eventually get a responsive version coded it may, or may not, be compatible with the 2.3.4 BS GOLD community version. It is still the best of the available options available today, so I would use it and hope, rather than wait for an official version.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@@ggbig

If I understand right, the idea now is to develop osC 2.4 asap incorporating BS, so maybe it would be more efficient if you fork  https://github.com/osCommerce/oscommerce2and make a pull request there with your work on the admin side, and post in http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/400819-upcoming-changes/

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I don't get datepicker to change de date format.

I use:

define('DATE_FORMAT_SHORT', '%d-%m-%Y');  // this is used for strftime()
define('DATE_FORMAT_LONG', '%A %d %B, %Y'); // this is used for strftime()
define('DATE_FORMAT', 'd-m-Y'); // this is used for date()
define('DATE_TIME_FORMAT', DATE_FORMAT_SHORT . ' %H:%M:%S');
define('JQUERY_DATEPICKER_I18N_CODE', 'nl'); // leave empty for en_US; see http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker/#localization
define('JQUERY_DATEPICKER_FORMAT', 'dd-mm-yy'); // see http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Datepicker/formatDate

I still get this output :  05/25/2015

• 1 month later...

Hi

I found a useful site

http://browsersize.com/

Handy for testing.

At Default 980px and up the grid boxes alignment gets messed up when one products name falls onto two lines (eg There's Something About Mary on the index page)

I added

/* Increase Height of Grid Box */
.thumbnail .caption{min-height:110px;}
to user.css.

It appears to work but I’m sure there will be a better way.

Regards

Ken

http://browsersize.com/-> firefox strg+schift+m

• 2 weeks later...

Dont quite know where to post this. I am not to sure that this is a bug, but on the product_listing page the price appears to be in a button. When you click on the button nothing happens. I have checked on the latest edge version and its still the same. Its also the same on the responsive demo page. It happens on both the list and grid views.

I have checked on the demo page and its the same there. I did get bored checking through the forums, but could not find anything about this.

Is that right, or should it look like the new products page box and have a more info button. Of it is correct why have the price in a button.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

That's how it is, don't think it's a bug. Easy enough to remove the button if you don't want it.

$prod_list_contents .= '      <div class="col-xs-6"><div class="btn-group" role="group"><button type="button" class="btn btn-default">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</button></div></div>';

@@14steve14

Steve that is weird...I don't think it does that on the shopowners site....

http://bootstrap.kymation.com/

Or am I misunderstanding the issue.

Dan

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived