• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

Mine's all good, without frankl's change above. Pretty much the same results as @@burt.

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have applied the product_reviews updates, as well as the bugfix for the product_review content module.

When testing everything looks as expected.  Ive tested all the markup for product info and reviews and everything is good on my end.

I think thats all the markup needed ~ I mean it can be took further using the itemList property and applying to the product listings, and even review listings page - but I dont know if its all that. Ive had thoses areas marked up for almost 2 years on a site with no significant difference in the SERP's. The only differences seem to come from the product_info page itself.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

I have applied the product_reviews updates, as well as the bugfix for the product_review content module.

When testing everything looks as expected.  Ive tested all the markup for product info and reviews and everything is good on my end.

I think thats all the markup needed ~ I mean it can be took further using the itemList property and applying to the product listings, and even review listings page - but I dont know if its all that. Ive had thoses areas marked up for almost 2 years on a site with no significant difference in the SERP's. The only differences seem to come from the product_info page itself.

Few years ago I seen review pages by me appearing higher than the product pages no idea why and of course google changes but always have respect for those pages since then !

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

@@burt

Apart from the folders, manufacturers logo and category images are all the rest of the images such as, the stars, arrows, pixel_black etc, header images and table background images obsolete and can be removed?

Also with regards to styling the account.php page is there are particular reason it was coded the way it is and not like the rest of the templated modules?

The reason I ask is I would like to have the segments displayed horizontal not vertical and also maybe use the list-group-item to style the individual sections.

Mark

Apart from the folders, manufacturers logo and category images are all the rest of the images such as, the stars, arrows, pixel_black etc, header images and table background images obsolete and can be removed?

Yes, I think so. Are any of these used in the admin area, check that first.

Also with regards to styling the account.php page is there are particular reason it was coded the way it is and not like the rest of the templated modules?

It reflects standard 234, so you'd need to ask Harald.

@@burt

inside header.php - What is the div with class of body-sans-header?

I dont think it has a closing tag. Maybe I'm over looking it, but would think the closing would be located in template_bottom.

If its there to keep seperation between header, content and footer - thats great - something needed for design. If it is a mistake, please keep it for the before mentioned.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Could someone else please test the changes for the Reviews Microdata, which is:

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/commit/7fe7b9cc143d819f3965bb66595eecda25afebcb

and

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/commit/4a7172a8c877eb0ee1caa5787720c4cabbfb911c

and

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/commit/2b53ae6cf3e59f4b36cc1c95a6bcabe8ec68a7f9

Minimal changes really, once done you will need to visit this page:

http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets

and insert the URL of your overall product reviews page; yoursite.com/product_reviews.php?products_id=x

and your product page: yoursite.com/product_info.php?products_id=x

So far, so good, just need frankl to respond or someone else to test...

Thanks all

Could someone else please test t, 

Gary, I have my 234 BS test shop on Uniserver, which is supposed to be viewable on the internet.  The app shows I have internet connection, I've google the topic, but can't quite figure out how to get that working.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

2 x images attached see a error still on product_reviews at the bottom of Structured Data testing tool.

can attach also  the html output if you need

Regards

John

post-185951-0-36276200-1420560588_thumb.gif

post-185951-0-35975600-1420560614_thumb.gif

Ok - I found the closing tag in footer shortly after I posted - :~

Actually, with the inclusion of dynamic header and footer content, we do not even need to include the header and footer at all anymore. I dont know if that would be confusing to anyone used to the header and footer, but from here on when I build a new site with this build, I will make the complete header inside a header_content_module template file.

For those that may be intimadatted by coding module content, it really does not have to be complicated, a very simple cm_header_module.php file needs nothing more than the standard markup and a call to include the template file, then the template file can be coded just like the standard headers we are accustomed to. For an example, look at includes/modules/checkout_success/cm_cs_downloads.php <-- thats about as simple a method your going to find, no need to include a bunch of global variables.

You could create all the differnt headers you like and switch them out on the fly, or even per category or page load. This software just keeps getting more and more dynamic with minimal changes!

Admin Gone to Total BS!

@@GLWalker

Hi Gary

?? just the x 2 images one for product_info and one for product_reviews

The tool lets you output the html but it is a large code block not  sure if  I should post ??

@@joli1811

my bad, eyes are letting me down today

However, Im not getting that error testing the same page on mine. I do not show rating as the last line tested, my ends at count.

Did you redo the language file?

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Site does have a few mods reloaded etc but nothing in the language that should effect

did you do the latest updates post #1409.  I  just done an hour or so ago ??

@@joli1811 - http://www.template.me.uk/2334bs3/ is now an -exact- copy of the Microdata branch, and there is no error on the product page or the reviews page in the testing tool. Could you post the contents of the following files as always, each in

[code][/code]
tags:

/includes/functions/html_output.php

/includes/languages/english.php

products_reviews.php

so that we can work out whats gone wrong..

Looking good :thumbsup:

products_reviews.php

Got it somewhere along the way I either missed or was not added??

<div itemscope itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Review-aggregate">  about line 50

and the closing div

</div>
<?php
  require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_bottom.php');
  require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?>

post-185951-0-27944500-1420567601_thumb.gif

No worries @@frankl - thanks for coming back to me.

We now have 5 testers (thank you guys) who have tested and seems to work well, so I'll commit this into core tomorrow.

And thank you to the 4 guys who made this reviews page a possibility sooner rather than later.

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived