• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

I'm wondering if someone who is using the account content module in their footer could check the "Existing Customer" button.  For some reason the introduction of btn-block seems to cause the text to extend beyond the button in larger or maybe medium size screens. Just wondering if this is something I've done.

Dan

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately I'm away from my computer at the moment but I'll try moving its' position in the footer when I get a chance.  I have mine positioned in the right column and maybe that's making a difference....I'll report back with an image as soon as I can.   Thanks for taking the time to have a look @@burt and Merry Christmas to you.

Dan

@@burt the coffee finally kicked in today and it occurred to me to have a look at the GABLEHAUSER demo that you have online and sure enough it's a problem there too...here is a screen shot...

post-182953-0-66473000-1419472423_thumb.png

@@Dan Cole looks like button text doesn't wrap, which is desired as it would make the button funky.  For these circumstances (which would be rare, probably only seen in sm maybe md view) it would be best to make the text shorter "log in"..

You can force the button text to wrap; http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18996202/twitter-bootstrap-button-text-word-wrap

If anyone wants to test;

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/commit/40fe1c4851606107f710a9030030038f89a9d8e0

This is very basic and the new options once installed can be found in admin at configuration > bootstrap setup

1/ allows shopowner to decide between "container" or "container-fluid" ( see http://getbootstrap.com/css/#overview-container )

2/ allows shopowner to no longer have to manually change /includes/classes/osc_template.php when wanting to set a different column width

Feedback is welcome, note that this is in my FilthyHobbitsesBootstrap Branch, and is not committed to Master (yet), in case you want to pull it @ github

no probs :thumbsup:

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

Thought I'd try to help out and installed this.

If anyone wants to test;

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/commit/40fe1c4851606107f710a9030030038f89a9d8e0

This is very basic and the new options once installed can be found in admin at configuration > bootstrap setup

1/ allows shopowner to decide between "container" or "container-fluid" ( see http://getbootstrap.com/css/#overview-container )

2/ allows shopowner to no longer have to manually change /includes/classes/osc_template.php when wanting to set a different column width

Feedback is welcome, note that this is in my FilthyHobbitsesBootstrap Branch, and is not committed to Master (yet), in case you want to pull it @ github

Unfortunately my setup pukes on this line...

var $_grid_column_width = (12 - BOOTSTRAP_CONTENT) / 2; in osc_template.php.

This message received...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '(' in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/bootstrap/includes/classes/osc_template.php on line 20

I tried changing the code in osc_template.php to...

var $_grid_column_width = (12 - 8) / 2;    

just to rule out any problems that might be associated with BOOTSTRAP_CONTENT being defined or related to my database and I still get that same message.

I'm wondering if this has to do with the version of php that I'm running....I don't recall the exact version but I know it's pre 5.3.

Any ideas...

Dan

Confirmed problem is with PHP version. My initial test was PHP v5.6.1 which worked. Tested with older version 5.3.13 and same error as Dan Cole.

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

That code is invalid in any version of PHP that I can remember. Some versions are better at error checking. I'm surprised that PHP 5.6.1 passed it -- you should report that as a bug.

Variable declarations can be set to any type, but they must have a constant value. No calculations are allowed. so

var $_grid_content_width = 8;
 var $_grid_column_width = 2;

are valid, but

var $_grid_column_width = (12 - BOOTSTRAP_CONTENT) / 2;

is not. Solution: Revert line 19 to

and add this to the class constructor

$this->_grid_column_width = (12 - BOOTSTRAP_CONTENT) / 2;

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

using code provided by @@kymation my  includes/classes/osc_template.php

now shows in part:

class oscTemplate {
    var $_title;
    var $_blocks = array();
    var $_content = array();
    var $_grid_container_width = 12;
    var $_grid_content_width = BOOTSTRAP_CONTENT;
    var $_data = array();

function oscTemplate() {
      $this->_title = TITLE;
	  $this->_grid_column_width = (12 - BOOTSTRAP_CONTENT) / 2;
    }

test 234 bootstrap shop in uniserver looks to be working.

I'll post some screen shots

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

container fluid

post-231701-0-06778500-1419689977_thumb.jpg

container

post-231701-0-84145100-1419690003_thumb.jpg

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

following are fluid container

content 8

post-231701-0-55171400-1419690334_thumb.jpg

content 6

post-231701-0-34106000-1419690355_thumb.jpg

content 4

post-231701-0-72994900-1419690374_thumb.jpg

@@kymation

That code is invalid in any version of PHP that I can remember. Some versions are better at error checking. I'm surprised that PHP 5.6.1 passed it -- you should report that as a bug.

Nice pickup. (must have still been suffering xmas after-affects, since I hadn't realised on was still on 5.6.1 when initially testing)

But it seems this is a new feature in 5.6:

http://php.net/manual/en/migration56.new-features.php

http://phplobby.com/tag/constant-scalar-expressions-supported-operands/

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

Appears so, trying all three size options all's good.

Here's a screenshot with setting of 6 with left and right columns.

post-231701-0-36626200-1419792752_thumb.jpg

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived