• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

John is this working before the fix, or with my fix included?

@@burt

Without  fix working out of the box  just tested when I read the post the only thing is the site has a themeswitcher installed 

The options site I was talking about a few days back.

I think you have log in details it is an upgrade site from older bootstrap but most of the stuff was overwritten take a look if you want

and feel free to install uninstall etc...

demo  

php 5.3.28

PS: tested with nav bar in and out no problems either way just took it has far as shopping cart could not repeat the error

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@@burt

Without  fix working out of the box  just tested when I read the post the only thing is the site has a themeswitcher installed 

The options site I was talking about a few days back.

I think you have log in details it is an upgrade site from older bootstrap but most of the stuff was overwritten take a look if you want

and feel free to install uninstall etc...

demo  

php 5.3.28

PS: tested with nav bar in and out no problems either way just took it has far as shopping cart could not repeat the error

When I view this page with googlebot as user agent page is black, no content, with an error

Fatal error: Call to a member function count_contents() on a non-object in /xxxx/xxxxx/public_html/penny/includes/modules/content/header/templates/buttons.php on line 4

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

Fetch as google in Webmaster Tools, or fetch the page using aw-snap.info/file-viewer/ (using Googlebot as user agent).

I have a user agent spoofer addon for my browser, very handy.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

Bit wierd this what browser are you using 

I am using firefox and the first website I came across shows ok

http://www.evolvedwebsites.com.au/googlebot/

just those undefined constant  but they are not so important

PS:

ok going to test with webmaster

post-185951-0-24689900-1417140260_thumb.png

Ok confirmed  by big boss google webmaster

[28-Nov-2014 02:20:46 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function count_contents() on a non-object in /home/xxx/public_html/xxxx/includes/modules/content/header/templates/buttons.php on line 4

Strange by me no errors in log

the buttons appear fine

but I see a blank page and the error Frank mentioned from google webmaster fetch and render

The fix does not seem to work still testing a bit though

@@burt

function execute() {
     // global $oscTemplate;  
//  global $oscTemplate,  $_SESSION, $cart;
      global $oscTemplate, $cart, $_SESSION;
      $content_width = (int)MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_BUTTONS_CONTENT_WIDTH;

complete blanko with buttons but error message is gone  without buttons it is  good

link

Henrys the man of the moment :thumbsup:

Looks good the buttons I give x 4 columns so guess they need a bit more space especially with the log of .

wonder if google uses the same snapshot  thing as screenshot cache used to have not sure now.

Regards

John

post-185951-0-37255200-1417169981_thumb.png

@@burt - trying to catchup with you guys :)

Do i understand the templated boxes correctly, that if you want to change it, you edit each box in includes/boxes/templates ?

There is no infobox equivalent anymore ?

does this allow for template switching ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

@@PupStar

The logo is already a content module is it not?

No its a box module not a content module.

I quickly hacked up a navigation logo "content" module and now I can place (via sort order) before or after the cm_navbar.

I'm happy to share but would definitely want someone with more experience to check it over.

@@PupStar

No its a box module not a content module.

I quickly hacked up a navigation logo "content" module and now I can place (via sort order) before or after the cm_navbar.

I'm happy to share but would definitely want someone with more experience to check it over.

@@greasemonkey

zip it up and attach it and I will give it a go, although I am no expert :thumbsup:

are you sure you are running the latest version as I have a cm_header_logo

@@PupStar @@greasemonkey

Logo is already a content module. You need to drop the navigation content module into the header folder (not forgetting to do the same with it's language file). Then use the sort order system.

Be aware that in general, Bootstrap expects the Navbar to be at the top of the page...hence why it is outside of the main container...

@@bruyndoncx

In effect, yes. The "control" file is the usual box module, it now has a template so that a template maker can change the appearance of individual boxes as they please. Eg, in my Zack template I have 1 box that is black and all the others are grey. Bear in mind that this templateable box system is only in a branch of the master.

@@PupStar please ignore my ramblings... I see Gary moved logo (and a bunch of others too... which I will not ask questions about not that I've looked  :blush:  :blush:  :blush: ) to content with the latest updates.

@@burt yes I've not updated to the latest changes (still struggling with sourcetree - maybe more time this weekend).

That will cause issues as the existing navigation module is built to be outside the container structure. You need to do something slightly different with an "internal" navbar, add a couple of clearfix div's (one before the first line of code in the template file, one after the last the line of code) which might be enough to get the look in place. Won't be perfect as it's trying to ram a oval peg into a round hole (ie, nearly there but not quite). Hope it makes sense?

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived