• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not a thread for advice about this and that.  This thread is solely for contributions (of ideas) to the core code.

Your question(s) will get lost in the thread, so start your own thread (or search the forum) as your exact question has already been asked and answered elsewhere.

@@burt

:( Sorry! When I checked this I only viewed in grid views to check there were no holes. But discovered that when you switch from grid to list or vice versa the maxHeight is applied to both. So if you're in list view then refresh the page and then switch back to grid view the boxes are too small.

This is because we've applied the "equal-height" class to the product_listing module. It's not an issue with the new_products module (no grid or list option), which is what my initial report was based on when I reported there were holes in the "New Products" display. 

We either remove the "equal-height" class from the product_listing module or change the script to one that addresses this problem.

I came up with something that will reset the height when ever the "Grid" or "List" options are clicked and on window resize. Works quite well. Just need some else to test please.

@@auzStar

Thanks for that! Just tested it and you are right: The look in the list view is now perfect. The big empty space disappears. :thumbsup:

J.J.

@@burt

Just tried it. Works fine. I especially like the new Content Width selection!

Notes: logos and breadcrumb boxes in admin->modules->boxes should be removed. It's a bit confusing to find them under 'boxes' and 'content'.

MODULE_CONTENT_CREATE_ACCOUNT_LINK_SORT_ORDER - definition in language file missing.

J.J.

@@De Dokta - many thanks for taking the time to test it...

Notes: logos and breadcrumb boxes in admin->modules->boxes should be removed. It's a bit confusing to find them under 'boxes' and 'content'.

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/commit/3bf36da3e3916755ec450c62018c830d5ff7cbad

That was done here, did you perform a new install ? There is no mention of bm_logo or bm_breadcrumb in the install file so those boxes should not exist. I wonder if you placed a new fileset onto an existing database ?

MODULE_CONTENT_CREATE_ACCOUNT_LINK_SORT_ORDER - definition in language file missing.

That is something that appears to (sometimes) not being loaded from the oscommerce.sql, for unknown reason, can anyone see why:

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/blob/master/install/oscommerce.sql#L1630

@@burt

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/commit/3bf36da3e3916755ec450c62018c830d5ff7cbad
That was done here, did you perform a new install ? There is no mention of bm_logo or bm_breadcrumb in the install file so those boxes should not exist. I wonder if you placed a new fileset onto an existing database ?

Yep - my mistake. Installation was new, but the directory was not empty. :x  New installation from a clean directory and everything was ok.

That is something that appears to (sometimes) not being loaded from the oscommerce.sql, for unknown reason, can anyone see why:
https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/blob/master/install/oscommerce.sql#L1630

That appeared again. Removing and re-installing the module eliminates the problem.

J.J.

@@burt

Couple of minor errors in the footer suffix content modules.

For both cm_footer_extra_copyright.php and cm_footer_extra_icons.php files it has 'Enable Contact Us Footer Module' for the configuration_title.

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

Hi

Just did an install of the latest

/github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap

to have a look and get the following message.

post-276414-0-58741100-1416796120_thumb.jpg

What have I done. I thought I was being so careful.

Cheers

Grandpa

SOLVED: Just kept "playing" with modules etc and allcame good.

@@burt

In the screenshot attached you'll see that there are empty brackets after Flat Rate in the "Shipping Method" box (checkout confirmation page). This is due to the shipping module language files: flat, item & table having empty define('MODULE_SHIPPING_******_TEXT_WAY', ''); and therefore in checkout_ shipping.php line 129 (' . $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ') will still display with an empty title

'title' => (($free_shipping == true) ?  $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] : $quote[0]['module'] . ' (' . $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')'),

This line also appears in a couple of the paypal payment ext modules.  Probably easier to fill the defines than check for null values in  $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] in all these files. As far as I can tell in previous versions of osCommerce these language files definitions for  define('MODULE_SHIPPING_******_TEXT_WAY', ''); were always populated.

cheers

post-290729-0-81059600-1416803717_thumb.jpg

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

SOLVED: Just kept "playing" with modules etc and allcame good.

This took some investigation and seems to be caused by errant ; in SQL file.

THis commit fixes it, if you could find time to confirm by re-installing from scratch that would be excellent, thanks.

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/commit/68d37201945b9509b0aaef692c3bac75b96ca3db

@@burt

re: the mysterious MODULE_CONTENT_CREATE_ACCOUNT_LINK_SORT_ORDER issue

I did a test install of the latest 234bs and the issue still appeared.

The only thing I could see different in the bs version of the oscommerce.sql install file to other osc versions is that there are no comments or blank lines after the last sql statement. So I tried another clean install (new database table etc.) without the comments at the end of oscommerce.sql and this time it worked. The "Create Account Link" sort order was populated correctly. 

Can anyone else confirm?

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

i just did 2 test runs.

1 Run:

deleted the last 3 lines 1631, 1632 and 1633 and did an install

problem is still there. i still see the MODULE_CONTENT_CREATE_ACCOUNT_LINK_SORT_ORDER in the contents

2 Run:

deleted the last 2 lines 1632 and 1633 left one empty line 1631

problem seems to be solved as @@auzStar mentioned above.

I also did another test and left 1 blank line at 1631 like @@Tsimi did, whereas in my previous successful test I had no blank lines (nothing after last sql statement).

Success again. So that's 2 successful with a blank line at 1631 and nothing else after.

Conclude that it's possibly an issue with the comments at the end.

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

I left one line because in the regular osC 2.3.4 oscommerce.sql file there is an empty line after the last statement, so i thought why not try to do the same thing.

Still i would have never guessed that THAT is the reason for not inserting the last statement correctly and therefore missing the text.

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived