• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Responsive osCommerce - Bootstrap

I did something very similar using the 960gs grid widths. It works very well for rearranging the page on the fly. Using percentages would be even easier. Good idea.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have already created content modules for everything on the product_info page - past and present. If you send me a snippet of the code you used for the footer module widths, I'll place that in my existing work.

I'll be committing those changes shortly - just need to smooth out a few bumps in the road prior to doing so.

Good deal - I did notice a small bug after the initial commit but was waiting before adding more :

Pretty simple - the required aria-required="true"' needs removed from gender radio's in modules/checkout_new_address.php

It prevents a user from leaving the page if selecting an existing address or just changing their mind.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

May be a seller wants something like that:

http://devheart.org/examples/jquery-customizable-layout-using-drag-and-drop/3-implementation-in-a-real-design/index.html

even a 'simplified' version of:

http://neokoenig.github.io/jQuery-gridmanager/demo/simple.html

No more numbers, % or know if bootstrap has 12 or 14 colums. I think.

I think that prestashop does somethink like that (a 'live editor'  for the front page).

A 'live previev' (in products_info or even index - including columns) will be 'the paradise' of all (including coders) :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

As if were not all busy with a ton of repo's and loose ends to tie - here's some more food for thought

I have been making the elements generally found on the home page (heading, customer_greeting, text_main, new_products) to take advantage of the content modules introduced in 2.3.4 - I even place extra markup in each module to give one the ability to add their own before and after content - the idea is you can place your own opening div with desired markup, or omit completely.

This gives you the ability to bundle the modules together in any sort of layout desired. By default upon initial installation of the content module, the before content is '<div class=\"contentText\">' and after content is '</div>'.

I think this was done by me a couple of months ago: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/397516-2334bs-template-and-modules/

I think this was done by me a couple of months ago: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/397516-2334bs-template-and-modules/

Hi @@piernas,

Yes I see you did write some for use with the box modules. However, I am more or less referring to the use of new content modules as introduced in osCommerce V2.3.4.

You'll see somewhere else in the thread I have suggested removing any box modules that were previously made to display content in places other than the left/right column in favor of using the new content system.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Ah, didn't see the content modules you mention. Seems that things moves fast and I didn't notice. I'll take a look to the 2.3.4 code to see those changes.

Is developement being organized in some way apart from this forum? I don't want to code something that's already obsolete. I'm getting lost with 2.3.4 and 2.3.3.4 being modified at the same time.

@@opus_uno2001 it is definitely doable...I have a shop set up that way so I can update my existing 2.2 version of osC to 2.3.3.4 BS but at some point I will drop the old version. If you plan to do it with similar versions of osC it should be a breeze. What is your reason for wanting to run 2 front ends? Bootstrap can be used by mobile, tablet and desktop users...it fits itself to the different screen sizes. There is no need for separate front ends if that was your concern.

Dan

PS: If you have additional questions you might want to start your own thread...I think Bert wants this thread to be used just for issues relating to bugs and/or suggestions concerning the development of 2.3.3.4BS itself.

Just downloaded and installed the latest version from Github. While I have not researched the upgrade from the standard osC 2.3.3.4 to 2.3.4, I do have a couple of quick observations:

1) The readme.md file still says it is 2.3.3.4bs

2) I do not see a user.css file in the /catalog directory. Is it just missing, or is this function no longer used?

More to come, I'm sure ...

Malcolm

2) I do not see a user.css file in the /catalog directory. Is it just missing, or is this function no longer used?

Malcolm

Yes, I missed the user.css too! But no problem - create a new one (or copy it from your previous BS2334) and add an entry to your template_top.php after <link href="custom.css" rel="stylesheet">

<link href="user.css" rel="stylesheet">

I think it was a very good idea of burt to say "Keep the core including the custom.css untouched and write all your style changes into the user.css". This way you can simply transfer your styles from shop to shop and also very simply restore the original state of BS2334.

J.J.

Two more observations ...

1) The MODULE_CONTENT_CREATE_ACCOUNT_LINK_SORT_ORDER record is missing in the Configuration table

2) Is there supposed to be a closing ?> at the end of the catalog/included/filenames.php file?

Plus ... if anyone is using Burt's "SEO Header Tags - Reloaded" add-on ...

1) The BOX_HEADING_ORDERS and BOX_ORDERS_ORDERS definitions are missing from catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php

2) If you *also* use the "Information Pages Unlimited" add-on (which Burt includes patches for in "SEO Header Tags - Reloaded"), the file catalog/includes/modules/boxes/bm_information.php *will* require changes in order to: 1) work, and 2) be able to move the Information box to the footer (as it currently is able to do in 234bs).

Malcolm

And another observation....

In template_top.php one can find:

<meta charset="utf-8">
<meta charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>>

which results in html in:

<meta charset="utf-8">
<meta charset=utf-8>

Is there any reason for that double entry?

J.J.

And another observation....

In template_top.php one can find:

<meta charset="utf-8">

<meta charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>>

which results in html in:

<meta charset="utf-8">

<meta charset=utf-8>

Is there any reason for that double entry?

J.J.

This is fixed.

Yes, I missed the user.css too! But no problem - create a new one (or copy it from your previous BS2334) and add an entry to your template_top.php after <link href="custom.css" rel="stylesheet">

<link href="user.css" rel="stylesheet">

I think it was a very good idea of burt to say "Keep the core including the custom.css untouched and write all your style changes into the user.css". This way you can simply transfer your styles from shop to shop and also very simply restore the original state of BS2334.

J.J.

This is now fixed. user.css reintroduced.

1) The MODULE_CONTENT_CREATE_ACCOUNT_LINK_SORT_ORDER record is missing in the Configuration table

Suggest to uninstall and reinstall the module.

2) Is there supposed to be a closing ?> at the end of the catalog/included/filenames.php file?

No

• burt locked this topic
  • burt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived